• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: July 29th. A sad anniversary for my family and I

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is a sad anniversary for my family and I. It was 1 year ago today our mother passed away. RIP mom. I love you and miss you so much. :pout: :pray:

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It doesn't have to be a sad day, brother. I try to use those days as a day of reflection. Remembering the good times. Also like to think of all the qualities I have because of that person and in what ways they made me a better person. In the end I feel better that I have a day that reminds me to never forget.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it doesnt need to be sad as long as you keep up the fight and memories. all the best.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember when my dad passed away the first couple years were really tough but then distance became memory and memory became great. now we just celebrate each year going on 12 years.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember when my dad passed away the first couple years were really tough but then distance became memory and memory became great. now we just celebrate each year going on 12 years.

Same with me, what made it real hard was he passed on Christmas morning but as others have said you must look at the good times.

Hang in there brother.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going on day 5 of my father in law's sudden passing on Wed morning.
My dad flew in forr the weekend. I cherished every moment. Never know when they will be the last moments.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad flew in forr the weekend. I cherished every moment. Never know when they will be the last moments.

Sorry to hear this Biz. Condolences to you and your family.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there man...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to hear that Bizz. My thoughts are with you and your fam my friend.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it Biz. Took my Dad to a minor league ballgame last night. He drives me nuts but I remind myself you never know how long we have. Lost my Mom almost 5 years ago and it's still very rough on Dad.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone. It's tough because it's the 1st year. I'm sure it will get better as time goes by, just like with my dad.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't donated to charity yet this year and things have been going good for me. Guess I'll give a little now. Biz (even though your son plays nicer guitars than I do and can pick up more chicks) and btMANIAC (Even though you root for Tom fucking Brady) will both get 20 bucks in their honor to a charity of their choice. OR may decide to put all 40 into the same charity. Let me know what you decide.

Don't ask any questions...Ok, you can ask 2. Not hard ones though. I live on a farm.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't donated to charity yet this year and things have been going good for me. Guess I'll give a little now. Biz (even though your son plays nicer guitars than I do and can pick up more chicks) and btMANIAC (Even though you root for Tom fucking Brady) will both get 20 bucks in their honor to a charity of their choice. OR may decide to put all 40 into the same charity. Let me know what you decide.

Don't ask any questions...Ok, you can ask 2. Not hard ones though. I live on a farm.

thanks bud
the family has asked for donations tot he American Heart Association, or to Snowflake Animal rescue
SnowFlake Animal Rescue
pops liked cats.

now for the 2 easy questions

1. Can God make a rock so big even he can't lift it?
2. If you created an acid so strong it can eat though anything, what would you keep it in?

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, full and busy day yesterday. Gonna git 'er done here shortly. Wayne, got a charity you're partial too? (no strippers..I already donated...) Maybe use both of Bizzles? Your call.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thanks bud
the family has asked for donations tot he American Heart Association, or to Snowflake Animal rescue
SnowFlake Animal Rescue
pops liked cats.

now for the 2 easy questions

1. Can God make a rock so big even he can't lift it?
2. If you created an acid so strong it can eat though anything, what would you keep it in?

Don't mention it. Just trying to do something different to brighten somebodies day. A little break from the normal cliche's and whatnot.

As for your 2 questions...I see you have chose wisely, even though I said no hard ones......Here's the correct answers...

1. Ham 'n Cheese HotPockets.

2. In Ryan Miller's hands.

:amen:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, full and busy day yesterday. Gonna git 'er done here shortly. Wayne, got a charity you're partial too? (no strippers..I already donated...) Maybe use both of Bizzles? Your call.

Make a wish has always been my favorite charity. If you want to combine it with Biz, the animal one for cats would be my second choice. Thanks Matt. Very nice of you to do this.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am sorry to hear about that. I hope you spend the day with family remembering some good moments. and can take solace in the fact that you spent all the time with her you could.

My best friend's mom is going soon, might have a week left. It's been rough enough with someone I grew up with and spent a ton of time with and it's not even my mother; I am trying to be there for my friend, but in the end there's not much you can say. My friend is getting married in November (technically already married - they had a small ceremony with family at their house so her Mom could be there). But she won't be there for the big wedding day, which adds some sort of extra layer of suckage if that was possible.

I try to think of all the things this woman did - she's traveled the world extensively, raised three awesome kids, spent time with her first grandchild. Shit, in the last year alone she and the husband went to Vegas and drove ferraris and the whole family took a trip to St. Maarten. If I could pick a person who has truly lived, it would be her.

Sorry to ramble on your thread. I hope the short time that has passed has helped you heal some.