• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Indy 500, Coke 600

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watching either race today?

I know we have a few race fans here but not many. Anyhow, a Canadian rookie sits in the middle of the front row at Indy. James Hinchcliffe, he took over Danica Patrick's car this year.

I don't know if anything can match the drama of last years finish. RIP Dan Wheldon...

I'm jumping on the Graham Rahal bandwagon for Indy.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching,,,but there are 3 threads on this

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a pretty great day for Canada if Hinchcliffe could get the Indy 500 win after Ryder takes the Giro d'Italia...

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Indy right now. A very touching tribute to Wheldon with a 21 gun salute and the playing of taps as his #98 car was driven around the track. Looking forward to the Pepsi 600 later.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Monaco this morning (where was the rain, dammit!). Schumi not finishing really happies me.

Watching Indy now. Shocker, An Andretti not named Mario just had a single car accident. Quite a drop off in talent after the patriarch. Let's go Dario. Just so your wife will be in the victory circle. TK would be okay too.

I don't plan to watch the Coca-Cola 600, can someone tell me what the story lines are today? Will someone look to avenge some "rubbin'" in a previous race? Will Hulk finally defeat the Iron Sheik? Will Howard Stern "X" out the leader on the last lap and make him cry? I am so out of touch.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap.

Local boy (sorta - RLL Racing is here in Columbus) went for a low percentage shot. Thought Takuma might have had it.

Congrats Dario

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three-time winner of the Indy 500 and married to Ashley Judd. That's pretty good stuff.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Monaco this morning (where was the rain, dammit!). Schumi not finishing really happies me.

Watching Indy now. Shocker, An Andretti not named Mario just had a single car accident. Quite a drop off in talent after the patriarch. Let's go Dario. Just so your wife will be in the victory circle. TK would be okay too.

I don't plan to watch the Coca-Cola 600, can someone tell me what the story lines are today? Will someone look to avenge some "rubbin'" in a previous race? Will Hulk finally defeat the Iron Sheik? Will Howard Stern "X" out the leader on the last lap and make him cry? I am so out of touch.

I usually love it when F1 races are spiced up by changing conditions

today was not the case though, my driver was leading so I wanted a drama free end

The fact that nobody bumped anyone out on the final day of qualifying bothered me.

Sato blew it. He went for the pass to soon. Mr. Judd wins for the third time. Good for him.

I prefer Nascar.

Sato did what he usually does, an aggressive move to the inside that takes him, the other car or both out of the race.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually love it when F1 races are spiced up by changing conditions

today was not the case though, my driver was leading so I wanted a drama free end

I would have loved to see the rain when they first predicted it. Especially if Vettel had gone and switched to the inters just before.

This has been the best season I can remember. 6 Races, 6 winners from five constructors. I just wish McLaren would stop finding creative ways to lose.

Sato did what he usually does, an aggressive move to the inside that takes him, the other car or both out of the race.

I guess he knew Dario would not chop him and went for it. Most other drivers in the lead, and that would have taken two cars out. How Dario kept from getting caught up, I will never know. That guy is good.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Ashley Judd looked kinda tore up. And about 25 years older than the last time I saw her.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about the idea of a Scottish guy and a Kiwi ordering Taco Bell in the drive through makes me imagine an SNL skit.
I presume the objective was to clean their systems out thoroughly so they wouldn't have to stop and use the restroom during the race.