• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I’m bored, Part Herbert!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The letters alone might’ve cost enough to put fanatics out of business

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

There was an outlet store in Pittsburgh called Gabriel Brothers which sold clothes at a discount, that were usually irregular for some reason.

For instance I bought a Starter Hartford Whalers jersey, (Brendan Shanahan, #94) which there were no defects on so I purchased it dirt cheap.

A buddy of mine was so proud of his Red Wings jacket that he bought cheaply as well.

After he got it home he realized the patch on the sleeve had Detroit spelled Detriot lol

Every time I see one of these fanatic screw ups it reminds me of Gabe’s
There is still at least one open Gabe's in the North Hills.

Edit: also, West Mifflin, Monroeville, Butler and Washington.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still at least one open Gabe's in the North Hills.

Edit: also, West Mifflin, Monroeville, Butler and Washington.

Wow no way, good to know. I haven’t even thought of one of those for probably 25+ years now

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow no way, good to know. I haven’t even thought of one of those for probably 25+ years now
They are even in different states!

I was in Greenville SC and saw one and was like "NO SHIT" But like you, I haven't been in one in decades.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

There was an outlet store in Pittsburgh called Gabriel Brothers which sold clothes at a discount, that were usually irregular for some reason.

For instance I bought a Starter Hartford Whalers jersey, (Brendan Shanahan, #94) which there were no defects on so I purchased it dirt cheap.

A buddy of mine was so proud of his Red Wings jacket that he bought cheaply as well.

After he got it home he realized the patch on the sleeve had Detroit spelled Detriot lol

Every time I see one of these fanatic screw ups it reminds me of Gabe’s

Gabe's is trying to become like a TJ Maxx or Burlington competitor and they opened a bunch of stores in Columbus. I was kind of excited because when Mrs 43 was in school at Frostburg we used to find the wildest stuff there. I got a few pairs of Levis Jeans for like 5 bucks each because the back pockets were sown shut. Quick attack with scissors and good as new.

The new stores don't have that stuff anymore, unfortunately. It's all stuff other stores couldn't sell.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabe's is trying to become like a TJ Maxx or Burlington competitor and they opened a bunch of stores in Columbus. I was kind of excited because when Mrs 43 was in school at Frostburg we used to find the wildest stuff there. I got a few pairs of Levis Jeans for like 5 bucks each because the back pockets were sown shut. Quick attack with scissors and good as new.

The new stores don't have that stuff anymore, unfortunately. It's all stuff other stores couldn't sell.

You could really find some good deals as long as there wasn’t anything terribly wrong with the clothing. I bought a few Carhartt shirts and sweatshirts which had a hole in the front no more than 1/16 of an inch.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even go anymore for the clothes, but I do sometimes find snacks and candy that can be hard to find anywhere else, more like an Ollie's or Big Lots.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read someplace named Gabe's is the new official outfitter of Major League Baseball!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for the folks that don't know trying on see thru clothes is a huge genre on Youtube. Don't ask how I know. :D
Completely unrelated thought......I was watching women's college volleyball the other night..... and their uniforms were awful. Could Fanatics step up and outfit them?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely unrelated thought......I was watching women's college volleyball the other night..... and their uniforms were awful. Could Fanatics step up and outfit them?
Now if you said WNBA I might have to call 911 so the authorities could come check in on you and your well being.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you said WNBA I might have to call 911 so the authorities could come check in on you and your well being.
Hey its getting better. I see more women's college basketball than WNBA (because it's on in bars/restaurants a lot) but there are probably a couple of women on each team I wouldn't mind seeing in see through Fanatic uniforms with their names and/or team name misspelled.

In fact I just googled the Mystic roster and saw they just signed someone name Karlie Samuelson. She's delightful.
GFQocYGXQAAvRR7.jpg

Anyone else old enough to remember how most women athletes looked in the 70s and 80s? Huge difference now.
@dash had a swimsuit poster of Nancy Lopez hung on the inside of his closet door for his special "me time" fun.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else old enough to remember how most women athletes looked in the 70s and 80s? Huge difference now.
@dash had a swimsuit poster of Nancy Lopez hung on the inside of his closet door for his special "me time" fun.

It was a sad day when Nancy supplanted my Farrah Fawcett poster, but I stand by my decision to this day.