• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ever Wondered What Happened to Jason Allison?

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we won a Cup I used to daydream about what could have been with Deadmarsh-Allison-Palffy.
Now I don't give a shit!!

(but boy were they fun to watch before Concussion Central)

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAPD line was a ton of fun to watch, but really they were only successful for half a season. It took them until about December 2001 to gel and then they went on a tear, outscoring every other first line in the NHL through the end of the year. That was the beginning of the end as the injuries started to hit and they would sporadically play together the remainder of their LA Kings careers because someone was always hurt.

Allison skated like he had sand in his skates but his passing and vision were phenomenal. I also liked that he had a mean streak, I'll never forget the melee against Ottawa where it was a huge brawl with even Potvin getting involved and Allison going after people. Deadmarsh was screaming "you're next!" to a Senator from the penalty box. Those two had no problem throwing down, which is a rarity from first line guys.

As much as I liked them, I think the team assembled now is much better, especially the first line.