• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Does anyone play poker online?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a site that plays for real money, not a pay a flat fee per month "club".

I also would prefer a site that takes a US credit or debit or gift card or an e-check, not some site where I have to send a money order to some guy in the Philippines.

Are any of these sites legit?

US Poker Sites - United States Online Poker Sites for US Players

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are aware of Black-Friday, right?

You cannot play "real" online poker in the US anymore (at least currently). There are some groups working to change that, but it has not changed yet.

If you want to play for real online, right now, you have to jump through those shadey hoops to get it done.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are aware of Black-Friday, right?

You cannot play "real" online poker in the US anymore (at least currently). There are some groups working to change that, but it has not changed yet.

If you want to play for real online, right now, you have to jump through those shadey hoops to get it done.

Or he can always rent a little studio in Canada to be able to gamble online for real money any time he wants (or can).

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cousin of mine played on a few sites listed in your OP.

He said cake poker took 6 months to send him a check. Bovada was better, sending winnings in 10 days.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cousin of mine played on a few sites listed in your OP.

He said cake poker took 6 months to send him a check. Bovada was better, sending winnings in 10 days.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please ask him how he got his money in? Did he have to go the sleazy, uneasy route of sending a money order to some coyote in the Philippines?

Or could he use a US credit card or echeck?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the reply.

Can you please ask him how he got his money in? Did he have to go the sleazy, uneasy route of sending a money order to some coyote in the Philippines?

Or could he use a US credit card or echeck?

They process credit card payments.

I've never tried it myself but if you're willing to take on the $5 surcharge, you can try to use a visa prepaid card.