• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT California Travel advice

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/flights/

Okay, what is also very cool about it. It doesn't, like a lot of those sites, make too big of a deal about date of travel, etc. You can see fares/flights in seconds without having to enter a lot of information!

No, googleflights. You can just type the cities you want to fly between, or you can type "google flight" into the search box and get there.

Damn, I just checked it out before I came back here to see your replies. This is a cool site!!!!! Beats the shit out of going through all the airfare search sites. I never saw it before and it's fast too.

Thanks Guy's !!!

dk14beso

dk14beso
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent at the Eye Candy Bikini Bar doesn't look all that great. Especially for Orange County!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<snip>But LAX and SNA are only 40 miles (forty minutes) apart- so if you were renting a car anyway- not too big of a deal with a much lower fare.

LOL... 40 miles most definitely does NOT equal anywhere close to 40 minutes in LA traffic, unless you're talking about driving between midnight-3am (and even then, sometimes, there's traffic or road construction on some freeways including the 405).

Source: I commute 30 miles each way (spanning 5 freeways) daily and have lived/worked in LA for the past ~20 years.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I just checked it out before I came back here to see your replies. This is a cool site!!!!! Beats the shit out of going through all the airfare search sites. I never saw it before and it's fast too.

Thanks Guy's !!!

That's what I'm saying. And if you are flexible about a trip- it could change your mind. I was thinking fo going back to Thailand, or 1st time to Brazil, Colombia- one of those joints; but then I see Jamaica there for about 5 bills. To meet people:drool:

Over a grand and over 20 hours further to Thailand and Brazil. It makes me want to travel closer. I can see you are paying for jet fuel on google flights. Shorter flights are half the price and half the time in the air.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent at the Eye Candy Bikini Bar doesn't look all that great. Especially for Orange County!

Especially for Newport Beach
The only reason i have heard of this place is a guy went on a shooting spree a while ago and one of the servers was shot in his house.
This place reminds me that I am alleric to penicillian

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its one one these Viet Namese coffee joints. I have been curious and peeped in a few times- really wanted to go.

Okay, the girls would be all Viet. And all Viet men smoking a Damned lot of cigarettes. :omg:

Kind of like quasi-illegal strip clubs like they had back in Viet Nam.

I talked with friends and office-mates about going fifty times and scoped 'em out. Never did go in once!:lame:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the cops hate these Viet coffee joints and try to bust them a lot. For one; you cannot even smoke in a bar in Cali- and they all smoke like chimneys = illegal.

And they even made the bikinis illegal I'm pretty sure. Note how the websites look old.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... 40 miles most definitely does NOT equal anywhere close to 40 minutes in LA traffic, unless you're talking about driving between midnight-3am (and even then, sometimes, there's traffic or road construction on some freeways including the 405).

Source: I commute 30 miles each way (spanning 5 freeways) daily and have lived/worked in LA for the past ~20 years.

I know. But sometimes there is no traffic.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, noise ordinance stuff because Newport Beach resident snobs (err... rich folk) don't want to hear all that airport noise -- so takeoffs/landings are steep.

One time I flew out of John Wayne on Southwest, the flight attendant was going over the safety features/rules like they always do and, as the plane was taking off (VERY steep/high angle right off the bat), she goes: "... and if you would like some peanuts, please reach out in the aisle and grab them if you can". And sure enough, she just emptied a basket up front and them little packets o' peanuts ZOOMED right by to the back of the plane. Haha.

Nice.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking if I made a signature or not-

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks to me like our place here in Temecula called Hard Hats. It's comfortable, it's not packed with 21 yr old assholes wanting me to kick their ass for them, and the girls are sexy and super-friendly. Go at 3pm and in 10 min you'll have made 5 new friends. The food and beer is good and cheap too. That place looks like I could show up at 7pm and leave at 2am and it would have felt like half an hour went by.

Edit: Okay, just read more about it and it sounds like Hard Hats >>>>> Eye Candy

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Hard Hats is a bar- paid for the liquor license and all that. These Viet Namese coffee joints try to act like a bar. So it's pay 12 bucks for a coffee and look at the Viets in bikinis, but like I say- the cops raid them. The Mayor/city council wants them closed. If you want to hang out with one hundred Viet Namese dudes who are smoking and playing pool- Go! They'll take your money (grudgingly) It's not for white or Black dudes, it's for Viet Namese.