• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this was tough to listen to.

Wow, he’s lucky the car didn’t catch fire or that would’ve been tragic. Thank goodness for safer barriers and HANS devices

He was later taken to the hospital and released with a back injury.

And the wreck was caused by his “teammate”

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some other sights at Talladega that were making the rounds on social media last night - So much for it be a family friendly event lol

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some other sights at Talladega that were making the rounds on social media last night - So much for it being a family friendly event lol
It’s one big ol’ redneck party

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, he’s lucky the car didn’t catch fire or that would’ve been tragic. Thank goodness for safer barriers and HANS devices

Glad he is ok, but as I read your comments all what came to mind, his teammate was going to take his wife.
Then he would have a family dinner at outback steakhouse, him eventually stripping naked during practice and then eventually winning a race why running then diving at the finish line.

And

If you ain't first you're last.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some other sights at Talladega that were making the rounds on social media last night - So much for it be a family friendly event lol
When you lived down there, did you happen to ever drive on I-20 past the speedway.
The times I have nothing was going on but always amazed how large the grass parking lots were for that place and the fact they would fill up for the Nascar events.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you lived down there, did you happen to ever drive on I-20 past the speedway.
The times I have nothing was going on but always amazed how large the grass parking lots were for that place and the fact they would fill up for the Nascar events.

I never did make it down to Talladega and that was probably a mistake on my part, I think it would have been a fun event to attend.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a co-worker talking about his experiences at the Daytona 500. He reveled in the sensory experience, especially the constant smell of exhaust and burning rubber. I imagine there must have been some brain damage.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a co-worker talking about his experiences at the Daytona 500. He reveled in the sensory experience, especially the constant smell of exhaust and burning rubber. I imagine there must have been some brain damage.
Not only brain damage but lung damage.

Serious note, my dad was a mechanic his whole life and when he was diagnosed with emphysema. They doctor essentially said his lungs looked like he had black lung from working in cool mines his whole life.

Granted this was back in the early 90's he was diagnosed, so car regulations when he worked on them were limited, but still shows how bad it was and still can be.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was nothing compared to the 70s.80s crashes.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a bunch of friends that loved Nascar. They would all swear that once they got me to a race I'd be a fan for life. And they would talk about the noise and smell as part of it. I would just laugh and say it never going to happen. In all honestly if I thought there was any chance I would enjoy myself I would have given it a shot - I just could not see myself enjoying it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a bunch of friends that loved Nascar. They would all swear that once they got me to a race I'd be a fan for life. And they would talk about the noise and smell as part of it. I would just laugh and say it never going to happen. In all honestly if I thought there was any chance I would enjoy myself I would have given it a shot - I just could not see myself enjoying it.

I have attended lower level stock car races (not anything remotely close to NASCAR mind you) and it was a fun time. Back in the 70's, I was a big NASCAR fan, but I essentially stopped following it when I hit my 30's. Not sure why, I think other sports and priorities took over.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have attended lower level stock car races (not anything remotely close to NASCAR mind you) and it was a fun time. Back in the 70's, I was a big NASCAR fan, but I essentially stopped following it when I hit my 30's. Not sure why, I think other sports and priorities took over.
Used to go here when I was much younger. There was a group of friends I hung out with and I liked the one girl so I would go.

Then I realized WTF am I doing at this redneck white trash shit and this girl wasn't worth it. Yeah we did date....
Anyway, glad to get out of that situation only to find out she got pregnant months after we broke up. Don't worry it wasn't mine. :D

Never been to an oval racetrack again.
About the only races I ever watched in person since then are drag racing and the Pittsburgh vintage grand prix.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ On the topic above this song below better be played at high school reunions.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the same reason I lost interest in Star Wars and graduated to Star Trek. I just outgrew it. You can throw Monster Truck and Pro Wrestling in there as well.