• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: As per Harbaugh, Crabtree is the greatest catcher ever

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will avoid the homosexual point you are trying to protray and just say that this really seems to be a slap in the face of Boldin and Davis, who have carried the team while Crabtree was on IR. But I wouldn't expect anything less from Harbaugh.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will avoid the homosexual point you are trying to protray and just say that this really seems to be a slap in the face of Boldin and Davis, who have carried the team while Crabtree was on IR. But I wouldn't expect anything less from Harbaugh.

Not to mention the Messiah of the bay area: Jerry Rice

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest this thread was pointless and was just a back handed attack on 49ers and their fans that was really uncalled for.

Harbaugh is a tool and we all know it, the media knows it and even the 49er fans know it but he is winning and until that part of it goes away they will respect him for what he puts on the field. I mean the Dude whines even on flags being called for his team because they were not called fast enough or something as proven in the GB game. Also players end up taking the personality of their head coach and now the 49ers are starting to whine about everything. People are getting sick of the way they want their cake and eat it to. They don't want physical play against them but they want to play physical against you lol. It's laughable, but lets not go into the childish antics the OP is falling into. it's immature and just brings BAD Karma.

the 12th men are above such things are we not? YES WE ARE :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest this thread was pointless and was just a back handed attack on 49ers and their fans that was really uncalled for.

Harbaugh is a tool and we all know it, the media knows it and even the 49er fans know it but he is winning and until that part of it goes away they will respect him for what he puts on the field. I mean the Dude whines even on flags being called for his team because they were not called fast enough or something as proven in the GB game. Also players end up taking the personality of their head coach and now the 49ers are starting to whine about everything. People are getting sick of the way they want their cake and eat it to. They don't want physical play against them but they want to play physical against you lol. It's laughable, but lets not go into the childish antics the OP is falling into. it's immature and just brings BAD Karma.

the 12th men are above such things are we not? YES WE ARE :D

That's why I didn't post it in the general forum, and I did put "OT" in the header. Just some good ribbing for our rivals. Go Hawks!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As I said on the main board, Harbaugh has a penchant for hyperbole. He once said Crabtree has the greatest hands he's ever seen (Crabs dropped 8 passes one year; granted that was early on in his career).

Harbaugh is all manic all the time. It's why Niner fans love him, and it's probably why other teams' fans think he's an ass.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the main board, Harbaugh has a penchant for hyperbole. He once said Crabtree has the greatest hands he's ever seen (Crabs dropped 8 passes one year; granted that was early on in his career).

Harbaugh is all manic all the time. It's why Niner fans love him, and it's probably why other teams' fans think he's an ass.

Yeah, I do think that's why other teams fans think he's an ass

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wilson.jpg

He's not even better than Dan Wilson let alone the greatest ever

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's all hyperbole like Sick said and he's just using the media as a tool to build up and pump up their players.

If someone tells you that you're great at something it's natural for a person without even realizing it to try harder to live up to those expectations when the eyes are on you.

That trick worked on me when I played ball in high school and the O line coach singled me out as having the best pass blocking technique of all the lineman. So naturally when he wanted me to display it for the other guys it was in my mind to do a good job and not make my coach and myself look stupid.

In general I don't bother to listen to player or coaching interview since it's all hyperbole PR friendly nonsense that isn't worth listening to. For example we all know Carroll and Harbaugh would love to take swings at each other and really want to beat each other but when they talk it's all "We respect them as opponents", "It's just another game.", "All divisional games are important", and blah blah blah.

The only coach I enjoyed listening to was Jim Mora Sr. Since he wouldn't hesitate to tell it like it is while making it pure comedy gold in the process.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all hyperbole like Sick said and he's just using the media as a tool to build up and pump up their players.

By saying this about Crabtree it is a smack in the face to Boldin so no it's not a "team" thing. Is Crabtrees psyche so weak that he needs the coach to alienate other players to make Crabtree feel better? As a Coach you can't do these types of things. Harbaugh is building walls right now that will turn into bad things sooner or later between his other players. Think of it like the teachers pet. Sooner or later players will start holding a grudge like it or not.

Sorry but this is bad coaching and just a plain bad idea. If a players mind is so weak that he needs his coach to say such things then he isn't really worth having on the team and if Crabtree doesn't need this type of back patting then doing so is just plain stupid as it could ( i did not say would) lead to some major problems with other players feeling slighted.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By saying this about Crabtree it is a smack in the face to Boldin so no it's not a "team" thing. Is Crabtrees psyche so weak that he needs the coach to alienate other players to make Crabtree feel better? As a Coach you can't do these types of things. Harbaugh is building walls right now that will turn into bad things sooner or later between his other players. Think of it like the teachers pet. Sooner or later players will start holding a grudge like it or not.

Sorry but this is bad coaching and just a plain bad idea. If a players mind is so weak that he needs his coach to say such things then he isn't really worth having on the team and if Crabtree doesn't need this type of back patting then doing so is just plain stupid as it could ( i did not say would) lead to some major problems with other players feeling slighted.

:agree:

Just wait until the "greatest catcher ever's" contract is up and wants the greatest catcher's money to be resigned. Lets not forget that even before Crabtree had played a snap in the NFL he was bitching about his contract because he wanted the money that Heyward-Bey got who was drafted several slots above him

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all wide receivers are prima donnas. Chris Carter said it best. You can't have an open door policy for WR's cause they walk in and all they want to talk about is "me and my money".

I don't mind hairball getting too excited. A lot less boring than a Laundry type. But sometimes when he talks about krap, he actually starts sounding creepy!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaughbole