• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: American Sniper

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went last night. It's an awesome, intense movie. See it if you can (not for the faint of heart however).

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just saw it tonight. I thought it was a solid movie a little slow at points but that's clints style.

It's really a shame what happened to him at the end. Know it's funny when he returns home and he briefly mentions driving that people are going to the mall when there is a war going on its not even on the news.

I remember my dad saying when the war was going on "the United states isn't at war the American military is at war". And it's true no one cared about this war or afghan either after the first two months.

Makes you also wonder what's up with the ptsd that's going on. I remember watching an hbo documentary with tony soprano. They had soldiers going back to the civil war suffering from it (unknown at the time). I know the world is smaller and the Internet shares everything but so many shoulders seem to be suffering from it compared to previous wars what's that all about

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it tonight. I thought it was a solid movie a little slow at points but that's clints style.

It's really a shame what happened to him at the end. Know it's funny when he returns home and he briefly mentions driving that people are going to the mall when there is a war going on its not even on the news.

I remember my dad saying when the war was going on "the United states isn't at war the American military is at war". And it's true no one cared about this war or afghan either after the first two months.

Makes you also wonder what's up with the ptsd that's going on. I remember watching an hbo documentary with tony soprano. They had soldiers going back to the civil war suffering from it (unknown at the time). I know the world is smaller and the Internet shares everything but so many shoulders seem to be suffering from it compared to previous wars what's that all about

Your right cup, it's always been around, they just called it different things. I think the nature of the Iraq/Afgan wars is what drives a higher incidence of it (to some degree Viet Nam did too). You saw some of that in the movie, not a "regular" offensive or defensive position, but constant looking over your shoulder, always worrying about being attacked by people who look like civilians, witnessing horrible violence against civilians etc