• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oscars / Academy Awards General Discussion (Not Specific to Any Year)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp that's nice.... Pocket change for him for sure but that is a nice payday!

Jimmy Kimmel Reveals His Pay for Hosting Oscars

As one of the biggest names in late-night television, Jimmy Kimmel will only earn what he might consider pocket change as he hosts the Academy Awards this February.

The late-night host appeared on KROQ’s “Kevin & Bean” morning show on Wednesday, where he revealed he’ll be paid $15,000 to host the Oscars ceremony. Though the numbers may seem a bit low, compared to what he normally makes, Kimmel joked about the sum, saying, “I think it’s illegal to pay nothing.”

“I’m not sure I was supposed to reveal this,” he added. “But nobody told me not to. I consider this their fault.”

In addition to “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” the 49-year-old comedian has also hosted his own Oscars aftershow on ABC within the last few years. The announcement that Kimmel would host seemed rather overdue, as the host for film’s biggest night is usually announced months prior.

“They asked like 14 people and they all said no and then there was me,” Kimmel also joked on “Kevin & Bean.” “I absolutely was surprised.”

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn to host one of the biggest,if not the biggest night for actors,seems like he should geet paid more.....He should hold out for atleast 50K.

If they`re not holding the black man down,their holding the hosts down.lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn to host one of the biggest,if not the biggest night for actors,seems like he should geet paid more.....He should hold out for atleast 50K.

If they`re not holding the black man down,their holding the hosts down.lol
I think it is time for a host revolution...

gallery-1480954296-westworld-dolores-kills-ford.gif

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp that's nice.... Pocket change for him for sure but that is a nice payday!

Jimmy Kimmel Reveals His Pay for Hosting Oscars

As one of the biggest names in late-night television, Jimmy Kimmel will only earn what he might consider pocket change as he hosts the Academy Awards this February.

The late-night host appeared on KROQ’s “Kevin & Bean” morning show on Wednesday, where he revealed he’ll be paid $15,000 to host the Oscars ceremony. Though the numbers may seem a bit low, compared to what he normally makes, Kimmel joked about the sum, saying, “I think it’s illegal to pay nothing.”

“I’m not sure I was supposed to reveal this,” he added. “But nobody told me not to. I consider this their fault.”

In addition to “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” the 49-year-old comedian has also hosted his own Oscars aftershow on ABC within the last few years. The announcement that Kimmel would host seemed rather overdue, as the host for film’s biggest night is usually announced months prior.

“They asked like 14 people and they all said no and then there was me,” Kimmel also joked on “Kevin & Bean.” “I absolutely was surprised.”
This is the best host they could find?

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched the Oscars in god knows how long; any movie buffs here who think the Oscars still have any merit in regards to quality filmmaking from an art critic's perspective, or today are they more just a celebrity 'popularity contest' like the Grammies?

Reactions: GNG

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're too white.

#sarcasm

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Don't give a damn about some damn awards Hollywood elitists give to each other.

If I like a movie, I like it.

If I don't, no damn ass-kissing award will change that fact.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Haven't watched that clusterfuck in a long time. But, I will read about who won in the Entertainment section.

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Don't give a damn about some damn awards Hollywood elitists give to each other.

If I like a movie, I like it.

If I don't, no damn ass-kissing award will change that fact.

So any review website you use, or do you just go on your own gut instinct?

I used to look at Rotten Tomatoes but lately I've been disappointed with it and there doesn't seem to be much consistency, I think Metacritic's a better source.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched the Oscars in god knows how long; any movie buffs here who think the Oscars still have any merit in regards to quality filmmaking from an art critic's perspective, or today are they more just a celebrity 'popularity contest' like the Grammies?
It is just a celebrity circle jerk.

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Haven't watched that clusterfuck in a long time. But, I will read about who won in the Entertainment section.
Personal opinion is that the Oscar winning films in recent years have felt dumber than those of older eras, such as the Godfather films.

Like "No Country for Old Men" - was a decent flick, but overrated and didn't feel remotely Oscar worthy, I'd rank it about in the same category as John Wick.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never watched and never will. Unless you yourself a friend or a family member is up for an award why would you care?

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never watched and never will. Unless you yourself a friend or a family member is up for an award why would you care?
Eh, just for entertainment, I dunno. Definitely not to hear their opinions on politics, that's for sure.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, just for entertainment, I dunno. Definitely not to hear their opinions on politics, that's for sure.

I guess we all have different opinions on what is "entertainment".

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we all have different opinions on what is "entertainment".
Probably closer to the entertainment value of Jerry Springer reruns, but crass entertaiment is still entertainment nonetheless.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably closer to the entertainment value of Jerry Springer reruns, but crass entertaiment is still entertainment nonetheless.

You got me there! lolzzz

Oh and welcome to the Hoop! :suds: