• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles to possibly host the 2016 ASG?

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'm old, I graduated from Maryland that summer. That was when Randy Johnson overthew Kruk's head.:laugh3:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be cool indeed. I forget sometimes how often it takes cities to cycle through and get their chance to host the ASG. The only AL clubs who have waited longer (by 2016) than the O's are the Blue Jays (by two years, 1991) and the A's (1987). I can see Oakland not being lucrative if they're thinking about a new ballpark relatively soon. Not sure why Toronto hasn't atleast applied (according to that article). Is the SkyDome not in presentable enough shape for such a widespread viewing? (It'll always be the SkyDome to me.. Rogers Centre just doesn't have the same panache.)

Would definitely be proud to see Baltimore host it again. This time Camden wouldn't just be the new kid on the block.. it would be an almost venerable icon for great ballparks.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that confuses me is that I've read in several articles that a All Star Game in 2016 would coincide with the 25th anniversary of the stadium. However, we just celebrated the 20th anniversary in 2012. Is this some sort of new age math?