• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orioles Sign Delmon Young To Minor League Deal

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8:34pm: If he makes the big league roster, Young will receive a $1MM base salary and could earn up to $750K in incentives, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
5:49pm: The Orioles have signed outfielder Delmon Young to a minor league contract with a Spring Training invite, the club announced. We heard earlier today that Baltimore was interested in the 28-year-old, who is represented by Wasserman Media Group.
Once considered the game's top prospect, Young has failed to live up to his billing in that respect. He is generally viewed as a negative defender from the corner outfield, and has a career .739 OPS over eight seasons and 3,936 plate appearances. Young spent 2013 with the Phillies and Rays, putting up a cumulative .260/.307/.407 line with 11 homers in 361 plate appearances. His performance improved upon joining Tampa, as he registered a 117 OPS+ over his 70 plate appearances there.
Nevertheless, Young's right-handed bat has played up against lefties, against whom he has a career .303/.341/.471 triple-slash. As MLBTR's Steve Adams noted earlier today, Young could slot in as a DH and/or part-time left fielder for the O's, particularly if he is mostly limited to facing southpaws. Baltimore has added a number of possible outfield options over the last few months, including Quintin Berry, Xavier Paul, David Lough, and Francisco Peguero. Among those players, only Peguero swings from the right side.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cust did have a nice run with Oakland. If he made the Orioles roster he would probably lead the team in OBP and strikeouts.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me pre-order my o's world series sweatshirts 2014 right now

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's see we are set at 1st with davis 2nd ryan great d , weeks or alexi . I do like ryans abs even with his bad luck at times , ss is jj and 3rd is manny mo rf nick knows he needs to pick it up hurt all of the last 2 years . cf ada is only going to get better and then there is lf Nolan and louth a healthy Nolan will put us to the moon . dh young is a high obp vs lhp pretty sure he works abs which is smething we missed and uuuuuuuuu has put on 20 lbs of muscle . we had the best d last year and will repeat .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitching with bundy , gausman , berry , edrod all knocking on the door in 15 as starters we would be stupid to sign a multi year deal with anything that was on the market . in 15 we still have tilly , chen , Norris , gonzo on the staff . even as much as I love britton I can see his talent it is time for him to shit or get off the pot . we wasted starts last year on trash pitchers and should have seen if he would have taken off ! as far as the bullpen the org is very high on drake and several others webb was a huge upgrade for us . the years of having a player in the field that isn't good is over for the o's under buck .