• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon is going to beat Stanford really, really bad

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insulation value and maintenance. Clay tile roofs are individual pieces that can crack and leak if a tree limb falls on it. A bitch to fix. The sheet metal version will not break and if a sheet needs replaced it is very inexpensive.

I don't feel like I'd like it on my entire house, but if I added, say, as gazebo-type cover over a large enclosure with a hot tub out in my yard, it would look pretty good. I don't have the style of house to use it all over, but it really looks cool.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have that on my house if it comes off liking nice

It looks pretty good. Also you can get it in an array of colors. Put in on a couple of houses when I worked construction about 15 yes ago. Sheet metal roofs are a big thing in the Midwest the last 10 years. Unless your neighborhood is against them. Which mine is or I would have a metal roof right now.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not seeing it..i know other people have said Stanford defense isn't what it was. standford is ranked 10th in rush defense in the country. it was pointed out on gameday that Oregon excels on having short yardage on 3rd down...however last matchup vs Stanford average 3rd down is 3rd and 9. so maybe they blow them out and shatter everything..but ill say look out if Oregon is forced into 3rd and long obvious passing downs. oregons best receiver is 36th in nation...pretty mediocre...

so maybe it all means nothing...but seems to me Oregons strongpoint is running football...if that is limited then we may be looking at another 7 points or less margin for winner

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not seeing it..i know other people have said Stanford defense isn't what it was. standford is ranked 10th in rush defense in the country. it was pointed out on gameday that Oregon excels on having short yardage on 3rd down...however last matchup vs Stanford average 3rd down is 3rd and 9. so maybe they blow them out and shatter everything..but ill say look out if Oregon is forced into 3rd and long obvious passing downs. oregons best receiver is 36th in nation...pretty mediocre...

so maybe it all means nothing...but seems to me Oregons strongpoint is running football...if that is limited then we may be looking at another 7 points or less margin for winner

Ducks don't throw 80 times a game, and when they do they have 3-5 reliable targets on the field. No one's going to receive 1200 yards in this offense, but you might have 3 800 yard receivers.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks don't throw 80 times a game, and when they do they have 3-5 reliable targets on the field. No one's going to receive 1200 yards in this offense, but you might have 3 800 yard receivers.

yeah maybe so. but we will see in a few days...my guess is Stanford will load up on run...most people outside of pac 12 haven't heard of any of their receivers. not saying passing game is bad per say...but not something I would say strikes fear in opponents

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah maybe so. but we will see in a few days...my guess is Stanford will load up on run...most people outside of pac 12 haven't heard of any of their receivers. not saying passing game is bad per say...but not something I would say strikes fear in opponents

With the Heisman frontrunner at QB...please.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Heisman frontrunner at QB...please.

more so of a running threat. look at his yardage. hes like what 19th in the nation. 4th even in the pac 12. hes got less passing attempts than 37 of the top 40 qbs...so passing isn't their strong point...and if they are forced to be one dimensional like prior years vs Stanford then who knows..ive seen in other games that seems they struggle with teams with speed to contain outside runs...

mariota was 21-37 for just over 200 yards and a 44 qb rating... I say they have to go for 300 passing and 3 tds to get the win

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trojanfight, sorry bud. Your posts are so wrong its funny. Dont think you watch football.

You also called for a Colorado upset of Oregon.

Dont say you didnt cuz I have your thread saved.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trojanfight, sorry bud. Your posts are so wrong its funny. Dont think you watch football.

You also called for a Colorado upset of Oregon.

Dont say you didnt cuz I have your thread saved.

lol I never said upset...I said if a few breaks go there way...fumble, int penalties...whats so wrong...are you denying your team isn't so much a great passing team...sure not as bad as usc...but like I said look what happen to Oregon passing game last year...all im disputing here is that its going to be some blow out like the OP suggested

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford has a secondary where they can put their CB's on an island by themselves and focus on the run. Put Oregon in 3rd-n-longs forces the Ducks hand and their options. Say hello to my lil' friend...the Card front 7.:suds:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has a secondary where they can put their CB's on an island by themselves and focus on the run. Put Oregon in 3rd-n-longs forces the Ducks hand and their options. Say hello to my lil' friend...the Card front 7.:suds:

the card front 7? THeir best DE is HURT and out for the year. UCLA has a better defense than Stanford. Look at what Oregon did to that.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I never said upset...I said if a few breaks go there way...fumble, int penalties...whats so wrong...are you denying your team isn't so much a great passing team...sure not as bad as usc...but like I said look what happen to Oregon passing game last year...all im disputing here is that its going to be some blow out like the OP suggested

Bro, Oregon throws for 300 yards a game, Mariota has 20 pass TDs and No INTs, and completes 65% of his passes/ The Ducks are a run 1st team.... A run first team whose passing game ranks 2oth in the nation. They can sling it. And if you have watched games you will know, as soon as a team brings an extra guy to the box Helf/Frost open up the passing game. Like they did against Tennessee throwing for 450. Other games as well. THe Ducks want you to load the box. THis year Helf/Frost are not scared to throw it. And it has worked to perfection as Mariota is shredding defenses through the air.

And if Mariota was just a run first QB like you suggest he wouldnt be a top 5 NFL draft prospect on everyones boards.

And that is in one half of football.

Mariota rarely throws the ball halfway through the third and rarely plays in the 4th quarter.

Of course the starting WRs dont have monstrous stats individually as they spread the ball around and also They play one half of football do to blowouts

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the card front 7? THeir best DE is HURT and out for the year. UCLA has a better defense than Stanford. Look at what Oregon did to that.

they have trent murphy who is 3rd in nation in sacks. not to mention deanthony Thomas just provided bulletin board material today...says Oregon will score 40 easily.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have trent murphy who is 3rd in nation in sacks. not to mention deanthony Thomas just provided bulletin board material today...says Oregon will score 40 easily.

lol. You really want Oregon to lose huh?

Keep reaching bud..

:suds:

I mean, you thought Colorado had a chance against Oregon... I am going to bump that thread I think.....:laugh3:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, Oregon throws for 300 yards a game, Mariota has 20 pass TDs and No INTs, and completes 65% of his passes/ The Ducks are a run 1st team.... A run first team whose passing game ranks 2oth in the nation. They can sling it. And if you have watched games you will know, as soon as a team brings an extra guy to the box Helf/Frost open up the passing game. Like they did against Tennessee throwing for 450. Other games as well. THe Ducks want you to load the box. THis year Helf/Frost are not scared to throw it. And it has worked to perfection as Mariota is shredding defenses through the air.

And if Mariota was just a run first QB like you suggest he wouldnt be a top 5 NFL draft prospect on everyones boards.

And that is in one half of football.

Mariota rarely throws the ball halfway through the third and rarely plays in the 4th quarter.

Of course the starting WRs dont have monstrous stats individually as they spread the ball around and also They play one half of football do to blowouts

hes not in top 10 in yards. fewer attempts than most qbs. all im saying is if they slow the run down. no big 50 yard runs then look out. if he was such a great qb then what happened last year? 21-37 for 200 yards....44 qb rating need I say more?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. You really want Oregon to lose huh?

Keep reaching bud..

:suds:

I mean, you thought Colorado had a chance against Oregon... I am going to bump that thread I think.....:laugh3:

lol im not some Oregon hater...as I said I was simply pointing out I don't see the blowout happening...

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I think we need another Oregon-Stanford pregame thread.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not in top 10 in yards. fewer attempts than most qbs. all im saying is if they slow the run down. no big 50 yard runs then look out. if he was such a great qb then what happened last year? 21-37 for 200 yards....44 qb rating need I say more?

Ya, he was an 18 year old Freshman that had his bad game.

He is a lot better this year. All I can tell you is dont be too disappointed when Oregon beats their ass.

ANd why are you swinging on Stanfords nuts:noidea:

Never seen an SC fan nutswing.... hmmm.. odd