• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon Has No Idea What's About to Hit Them

JOZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until the day the fans decide the outcome of a game like one being pulled from the student section to kick the game winner I dnt think it really matters how many fans they bring. by the end of 3rd quarter in kinnick last year, I didnt see a single ounce of red in the stadium. :lol:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quick question was that this game against UCLA??

Nebraska vs. UCLA - Game Summary - September 8, 2012 - ESPN

Wow, lots of meaning in that game.

That was Taylor Martinez Qbing that game. Since then it has been Tommy Armstrong. Now it is some guy named Tanner Lee.

The head coach was Bo Pelini, this is Mike Riley.

The defensive Coordinator was Bo Pellllini, this is a new one in Bob Diaco.

Yup, I would say a good comparison.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until the day the fans decide the outcome of a game like one being pulled from the student section to kick the game winner I dnt think it really matters how many fans they bring. by the end of 3rd quarter in kinnick last year, I didnt see a single ounce of red in the stadium. :lol:

The truth hurts.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough game to handicap for sure. Nebraska hasn't been the Nebraska of old for some time now, going back a couple of coaches. They have moments and games where they are dangerous and the odd head scratcher. Haven't been sold that Riley has the fire to get his kids to overachieve and reach beyond the sum of their parts.

Ducks under a whole new staff and massive changes. Super dangerous offense and a big fat unknown on defense and in their first live test, but at home with the crowd (even with all the Neb fans there) to support them. Whatever players Oregon does have that had any pride and any heart will be looking for blood coming out of the gate with how bad things went last year. If they aren't hungry now, they never will be.

Obviously my heart wants Nebraska to leave the duckies for dead, but you have to at least lean a little toward the home team.

@Olyduck , if you have any extra cookies save them up and bring them to montlake for our game. I'll trade you a beer for a cookie.
:suds:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, lots of meaning in that game.

That was Taylor Martinez Qbing that game. Since then it has been Tommy Armstrong. Now it is some guy named Tanner Lee.

The head coach was Bo Pelini, this is Mike Riley.

The defensive Coordinator was Bo Pellllini, this is a new one in Bob Diaco.

Yup, I would say a good comparison.
Just saying. why brag about a bringing a lot of fans but lost the game?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying. why brag about a bringing a lot of fans but lost the game?
You can't be proud of traveling well? :noidea:

I think a base that brings that many to a non con game on the road should be applauded.

It for sure changes the dynamic of a stadium to have that many opposing fans, but it doesn't guarantee a road win by any stretch. Just takes some of that edge off the crowd. Something greater than zero.

My memory of Nebraska fans was pretty positive. Respectful and friendly lot. First encounter with them was '92? I think. That first night game at Husky stadium. None of their fans were anything but class when their team lost that game, and I don't think they were any different when I saw them next in the late 90's when they pretty soundly beat UW in our house. Always a pleasure to see their fans. Or at least it was then, no idea if anything has changed in recent years.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a base that brings that many to a non con game on the road should be applauded.

It for sure changes the dynamic of a stadium to have that many opposing fans, but it doesn't guarantee a road win by any stretch. Just takes some of that edge off the crowd. Something greater than zero.

My memory of Nebraska fans was pretty positive. Respectful and friendly lot. First encounter with them was '92? I think. That first night game at Husky stadium. None of their fans were anything but class when their team lost that game, and I don't think they were any different when I saw them next in the late 90's when they pretty soundly beat UW in our house. Always a pleasure to see their fans. Or at least it was then, no idea if anything has changed in recent years.

I take it you haven't had the pleasure of meeting @gobigred yet? cause if you have you would know there current fan base is dildo's and ass hats, all because of guys like @gobigred

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you haven't had the pleasure of meeting @gobigred yet? cause if you have you would know there current fan base is dildo's and ass hats, all because of guys like @gobigred

I'm nice to most except

the-best-of-senor-ben-chang-11.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense you are holding something back here? How do you really feel about @gobigred? :noidea:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I tell you about watching yer mouf, sucka?
giphy.gif

Also, yer hair is really pretty today.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about the play on the field. Everyone knows that pain train is comin' right up your asses.

I'm taking about the culture shock when we invade your 200 traffic light little town.
im pretty sure there are more than 200. count them when you get there

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just seems weird to me. We travel well. gonna bring a lot of people even though we lose the game. but look out you have no idea whats coming, to watch a game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes Nebraska fans we encountered at the game in Neb were great. very nice people

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im pretty sure there are more than 200. count them when you get there
TBH I laughed when he said that, but because I don't think anyone considers Lincoln as some massive sprawling metropolis. I actually had to look it up to see they have about 100k more people than Eugene.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fans I have ever been a dick to in person are Colorado fans. Fuck them. Fuck their whole fanbase. They can burn for eternity in hell.