• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KnDL0op.gif
KnDL0op.gif
KnDL0op.gif
KnDL0op.gif
KnDL0op.gif
KnDL0op.gif
KnDL0op.gif

JESUS CHRIST!!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Matty,

I think I got your license plates by accident...

tumblr_m1vcb7q1NH1r4xss0o1_400.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Hey guys, maybe we should try this with our skateguards off next period?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HayesTSN: Jagr has missed 4 full seasons (3 in KHL, 1 lockout) and 68 games due to 2 other lockout seasons. That's 396 more games he could've played.

Theoretically he could be challenging Gretzky's record had he played those games, pretty impressive.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
‏@ian_mendes
When Cody Ceci is on the ice tonight at the same time as Jaromir Jagr, remember this: Jagr had two Stanley Cup rings before Ceci was born.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@ian_mendes
When Cody Ceci is on the ice tonight at the same time as Jaromir Jagr, remember this: Jagr had two Stanley Cup rings before Ceci was born.

Jagr is not human.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr played so much of his career in the clutch and grab era too. I wonder what his numbers would have been if he was 10 years older or 10 years younger.

I know I have posted about it before but Keith Jone's book had a great chapter where he talked about being assigned to shut down Jagr in a playoff series. He also had a seriously hurt leg (that eventually ended his career) but he grabbed onto Jagr every shift and a marginal player with one good leg was able to mostly shut down one of the best players in the game by constantly holding and/or interfering and never getting called for it. Jones seemed equally amused and saddened by it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr played so much of his career in the clutch and grab era too. I wonder what his numbers would have been if he was 10 years older or 10 years younger.

I know I have posted about it before but Keith Jone's book had a great chapter where he talked about being assigned to shut down Jagr in a playoff series. He also had a seriously hurt leg (that eventually ended his career) but he grabbed onto Jagr every shift and a marginal player with one good leg was able to mostly shut down one of the best players in the game by constantly holding and/or interfering and never getting called for it. Jones seemed equally amused and saddened by it.

It's very sad how that style combined with the trap cost this league some fans or potential fans.

I will try and make this quick, My ex never knew shit about hockey till she started dating me, early 70's Sabres VS Habs in OT playoffs she snuggles up with me on the coach to watch, Rene Robert scores (Not sure how old you are Comeds but you may remember that game sorry) I and let out a yell scaring the shit out of her. She not only embraced me but the sport, Became a good fan, knew all the players etc. About 4 or 5 years later she was watching most of the games. That was the peak of the goon hockey period that inspired the movie SlapShot

She saw the Flyers, Bruins (Sabres v Bruins game) and other teams beating the shit out of each other, games were taking over 3 hours to play and one day she got up and said this isnt hockey this is a slug fest and never went back. I got her to attend a couple games because I had company tickets and an "Aud Club" pass. You know with all the suits. But that was it and till this day she could care less about the game. She wanted (and loved) hockey not goonery.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of ironic that he plays for the Devils now, isn't it?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of ironic that he plays for the Devils now, isn't it?

Yeah, I really didn't think about that LOL. If he had played his whole career there you could probably knock 100 - 150 goals off of that total but his plus/ minus would be about the same. :nod:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Not sure how old you are Comeds but you may remember that game sorry)

It would be in my age range, but I didnt start following the sport until 97. You know, the glory years of the Habs.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSNRyanRishaug: Fully expect Dubnyk to get the start tonight against the Avalanche.

Might have to put a few rubles on the Divelanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.