• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One of the reasons Bonds got blackballed from the game

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sitting around talking ball with my brother when steroids and PED's came up. Barry Bonds name came up and I mentioned to my brother that Bonds just missed 3000 hits by maybe a hundred. I looked it up and there it was 2,935 hits. My brother thought for sure that Bonds had 3,000 plus hits but I remember thinking that it might of been one of the reasons he was shut out of the game. It was a form of punishment for Bonds who owns the HR record and Bonds was the poster boy for all the steroid cheaters . Selig disliked Bonds and after Bonds broke the HR record over his favorite Hank Aaron I would not be surprised is the word went out to owners to let Bonds squirm.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bonds was a victim of collusion to keep him from hitting more HR's and reach that 3,000 hit mark that meant something to him. Bonds could have played at least two more years especially as a DH in the AL. He could of hit 25-30 jacks a year with ease still and he would of had at least 250 more hits.

Barry never helped his cause by denying everything but he was cheated from having the chance to reach 3,000 hits. This is a man who was cheated year after year getting maybe one chance a game to hit when the Giants had basically no one hitting behind him in the line up. Bonds ended up with 2,558 walks which is a staggering total. I know calling Bonds a victim is a little off base but Bonds should of been able to play at least two more years. I guess we will never know for sure if Bonds was blackballed but that freaking used car salesman knows and I can't wait until his ass is out of baseball.

Some will be happy Bonds was blackballed but he was one of the greatest to ever play the game and they can't take that from him. He may never get into that sacred place the HOF that has racists,cheats,womanizers, and drug abusers as some of their members but he did put up some numbers that were incredible even though he was on the juice. The thing that makes me shake my head is that that dirty used car salesman who let the steroid era go on for the sake of greedy money for the owners will be inducted most likely into the HOF in years to come. If you ask me the wrong guy was booted out of baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I read all of this and it's another good post)

For the record. I used to love Bonds but as I grew older, I don't respect him or want him in the HOF. I'm perfectly fine if he was "kept from reaching 3K hits"

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I read all of this and it's another good post)

For the record. I used to love Bonds but as I grew older, I don't respect him or want him in the HOF. I'm perfectly fine if he was "kept from reaching 3K hits"

Fair enough. I respect you're point of view. Bonds screwed up when he did'nt have to take anything. For me they never busted Bonds for roids and without suspending him they had no right to blackball him. As for the used car salesman I stand by everything I said. Can't wait until he is out of the game for good.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I respect you're point of view. Bonds screwed up when he did'nt have to take anything. For me they never busted Bonds for roids and without suspending him they had no right to blackball him. As for the used car salesman I stand by everything I said. Can't wait until he is out of the game for good.

Both points in these types of discussions are valid. There is really no right or a wrong. I personally loved Bonds and thought his accomplishments were staggering. Roids or not, It doesn't matter for me. IMHO Bonds probably took 'something' but in the end I don't care. I'm not here to pass personal judgment on what he did or didn't do. I also do not think he was balckballed in the classical sense of the term. I think he took himself out of baseball just by the media circus that was created to follow him around for the remainder of his career. I don't think any major league team wanted that. I also think the Giants were included in that decision.

As a fan I also think that Bonds inadvertently caused quite a buit of anguish for Giant fans. At least for me. I always thought that management just wanted to use his 'presense' as a major selling point and really did nothing to better the team. They always seemed to surround him with re-threads and the like. They were always competitive (Bonds alone made them competitive) but never really had what it took to 'compete' at the level that would be needed. They never spent on talent while they had Bonds. They didn't need to. We'd still follow our Giants and we all enjoyed Bonds and as a team they were somewhat competitive. I also think that the media circus at the end of Bonds' career was very upsetting to the chemistry of the team at that point. Almost impossible to concentrate on baseball when all that roid stuff was around. He was and still is one of my favorite players ...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both points in these types of discussions are valid. There is really no right or a wrong. I personally loved Bonds and thought his accomplishments were staggering. Roids or not, It doesn't matter for me. IMHO Bonds probably took 'something' but in the end I don't care. I'm not here to pass personal judgment on what he did or didn't do. I also do not think he was balckballed in the classical sense of the term. I think he took himself out of baseball just by the media circus that was created to follow him around for the remainder of his career. I don't think any major league team wanted that. I also think the Giants were included in that decision.

As a fan I also think that Bonds inadvertently caused quite a buit of anguish for Giant fans. At least for me. I always thought that management just wanted to use his 'presense' as a major selling point and really did nothing to better the team. They always seemed to surround him with re-threads and the like. They were always competitive (Bonds alone made them competitive) but never really had what it took to 'compete' at the level that would be needed. They never spent on talent while they had Bonds. They didn't need to. We'd still follow our Giants and we all enjoyed Bonds and as a team they were somewhat competitive. I also think that the media circus at the end of Bonds' career was very upsetting to the chemistry of the team at that point. Almost impossible to concentrate on baseball when all that roid stuff was around. He was and still is one of my favorite players ...

You mean, like, used clothing?

:laugh3: