• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL One handed Shaquem Griffin's off to the draft

What round does Shaquem Griffin get drafted in?

• 6th or 7th

• Goes undrafted

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dig em up then.
i dug up and posted one twice already via peter king. I'll get more while you breeze thru the top 15 NFL positions changes.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dig em up then.
Michael Sam: Studying the Game Tape

Sam produced big time, but... There’s no question that Sam had major production this season, as he led the SEC in sacks and tackles for a loss (which includes sacks). This is probably why he was named SEC defensive player of the year by the media, and co-DPOY (with Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley) by the coaches. However, you have to look at the circumstances of his production. Namely, most of it came in three games of a four-game stretch against inferior competition: Arkansas State (three sacks), Vanderbilt (three sacks) and Florida (three sacks). Sam had a total of a half-sack in his final six games, until he made a huge play on basically the final play of the Cotton Bowl. As Oklahoma State was driving for a game-tying field goal or game-winning touchdown, Sam made a sack-strip that was returned by Ray for a touchdown. Sam beat right tackle Chris Grishby, who took a false step and was a beat late coming out of his stance. Of the 12 games I watched it was by far the biggest play Sam made all season. (The half-sack Sam had against Texas A&M would not be counted as such in the NFL: Aggie quarterback Johnny Manziel left the pocket, although not on a designed run, and clearly had become a runner. The "sack" was mostly made by Ealy and Matt Hoch, with Sam coming in late.)

So basically in his final five games plus 40 snaps against Oklahoma State—the best competition Sam faced all season—he had no splash plays. The right tackles he faced (as a left end he didn’t go against Texas A&M left tackle Jake Matthews, a projected top-10 pick) in that stretch were more of what he will see in the pros. The right tackles he beat up to gain his production likely wouldn’t be on NFL training-camp rosters. Four of his sacks came with lesser opponents desperate and behind by large margins in the fourth quarter, in obvious passing situations. In addition, Florida’s offensive line was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Lastly: Sam’s sack against South Carolina in overtime was on an unblocked stunt.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're welcome

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really like this kid. what a story...

Where does he get drafted? IMO if he had 2 hands he'd be a top 10-20 pick based on his numbers and combine.
He has adapted very well.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean props to him but it's stupid for whatever team takes him.

1) DL (Pierre Paul) and CB are two different things, and Pierre Paul did not lose his whole hand.
2) I've seen a lot of one handed catches in the NFL over the years. That said, it's rare and whenever one happens it always makes a highlight reel. A one handed CB is not going to be able to reliably intercept and loses the extra 9-11" of tipping potential on passes.
3) Most importantly: Whatever team snags him will create a media STORM around that team. It'll be a HUGE distraction similar to Michael Sam.

Cool story, amazing athlete, too bad he lost his hand... but no future in the NFL. I hope Seattle doesn't take him.

All said, hopefully the guy somehow proves me wrong. Certainly not wishing doom on him, just being realistic...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam was garbage. And I doubt this Griffin kid will be anything worthy of a "higher" pick. Round 4 at best if a team isnt stupid.