• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One down, two more big ones to come

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golson just decommited from UNC to go to Notre Dame. Wonder how that will affect MW's decision now?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not by much since they sucked donkey balls this year. Farrell seemed pretty sure he was going to VT. I thinking maybe MW is just waiting for the ACCCG to announce?!

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Grant = who the hell knows, everyone is counting us out because he is not giving us an official, but nobody knows what he is thinking these days, it would not shock me

Nicholson = wants guaranteed playing time = going to UVA

LT = still up in the air, but I think he goes down with the ship in C Hill.

Maybe Anthony and/or Hughes is the next big get.

Terrell is also down to us and WVU and may commit sooner than later.

More are soon to leave UNC, so we will see. I am holding out hopes for Holts but I doubt it. Our next big splash may be a stud from 2012, Caleb or Kirven.

You're right on Nicholson, but I believe LT is 100% UNC unless something MAJOR happens. I think we get Anthony, but lose Hughes to Maryland and I think Terrell decides VT on signing day.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything happen with MW this weekend?

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anything happen with MW this weekend?

He was at the ACC championship game and rumors are he is 100% committed to VT. He is having a home visit with Butch today, which I expect is to just tell him he has switched his commitment. I think MW is officially a hokie tomorrow.

Another great bit of news is Travis Hughes is getting an in home visit with Beamer, Newsome, and Foster. This could be a huge swing in VT's favor for him.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
just a thought:
Maybe MW has already informed butch that he will be a hokie, but butch is asking him to wait a little to go public (remember MW and butch have a good relationship and mw prob feels like he owes butch to some degree). Butch prob thinks that by delaying his announcement 1) he will have a little more time to work on him 2) Gives other recruits less time to find another school. After losing golson, if marquise de-commits lots others will soon follow.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
46, salt, anyone, Wasnt Driskel pretty high on VT(aub also i think) before commiting to fla. He has said that meyer was the main reason he commited. If mw is getting shaky we should try and get back in that race.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46, salt, anyone, Wasnt Driskel pretty high on VT(aub also i think) before commiting to fla. He has said that meyer was the main reason he commited. If mw is getting shaky we should try and get back in that race.

Hey guys..new to the site. All of you seem to know your stuff. Tired of the trolls on the ESPN blog board.

With the resignation of Urban Meyer at Florida, how do you guys think this will affect VT recruiting this year, if at all. I hear they were high on Anthony and Grant's list. I think we get Anthony, but Grant still goes elsewhere. I think Driskel would be a long shot even if he decommitted. Jimbo may even has his eyes on him...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
things seem to be alive and well with anthony-nobody knows what grant is thinking, but all sighns seem to point away from blacksburg( i think nicholson and grant end up in whooville).

i think before he commited we were 3rd with driskel behind fla and aub. if he leaves fla that leaves us and aub. Aub already has an elite QB in this class. if things go south with MW i think we would have a shot with Driskel.

-btw i think we already have a really really good QB in this class with thourogood, he should have been a 4* guy and will be a great fiti in our offense.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys..new to the site. All of you seem to know your stuff. Tired of the trolls on the ESPN blog board.

With the resignation of Urban Meyer at Florida, how do you guys think this will affect VT recruiting this year, if at all. I hear they were high on Anthony and Grant's list. I think we get Anthony, but Grant still goes elsewhere. I think Driskel would be a long shot even if he decommitted. Jimbo may even has his eyes on him...

welcome aboard!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check my Disney post regarding Foster, on the ACC site. I will repost it here later but have to run to a seminar.

GO HOKIES!!!

Welcome aboard Sparks!

ill do it for you in case anyone else wants to see them

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Driskel isn't decommitting. Reports came out that he is still very solid with Florida and Urban leaving will not affect the decision. I personally really like Throughgood and I still think we sign Williams. Urban leaving might help us with Anthony though. I see it being a two horse race between us and Clemson with him now since Florida is basically out of the picture.

Also, if anyone is thinking about the possibility of Grant, forget it. 0% chance he comes to VT.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Driskel isn't decommitting. Reports came out that he is still very solid with Florida and Urban leaving will not affect the decision. I personally really like Throughgood and I still think we sign Williams. Urban leaving might help us with Anthony though. I see it being a two horse race between us and Clemson with him now since Florida is basically out of the picture.

Also, if anyone is thinking about the possibility of Grant, forget it. 0% chance he comes to VT.

yeah i saw that today also, just to be clear i was saying that driskel said that when he commited not when meyer left.

I hope your right about williams, the longer it drags out though the worse i feel. There was an encouraging article about him in todays roanoke times ( i'll try and find the link). They never cover VT recruiting (usually just the smaller schools) so the fact that they had an article is a small plus for us.

oh yeah and i totally agree on thourogood.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/wb/270182

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW and i like this: if you really read into that article, Doug Doughty says "before his departure, members of the staff were led to believe he'd sign with tech". What that tells me, is that doug's source told him that marquise will be a hokie. Why thats signifigant is because Doug Doughty and Randy King dont have to go to outside sources, i would bet the job title of his "source" ends in either coach or coordinator.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I've been hearing that Demetrious Nicholson is back in the picture and we may get a visit (finally)....

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I've been hearing that Demetrious Nicholson is back in the picture and we may get a visit (finally)....

I believe the only reason for that is Hughes. I think Hughes is favoring us now and they have talked about playing at the same college for a while now. I still thinks he ends up at UVA, and I doubt he ever actually gets to campus. He has a history of saying he will visit a place and not going.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the only reason for that is Hughes. I think Hughes is favoring us now and they have talked about playing at the same college for a while now. I still thinks he ends up at UVA, and I doubt he ever actually gets to campus. He has a history of saying he will visit a place and not going.

Agreed, and with Farrow and Adjiboye(sp) coming on board, I am fine with that. I really think Farrow will be special.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Completely agree. We've done well with Hughes, and coupled with our hot streak, both are paying dividends with DN. But he's been saying for a while that he was setting up visits to us and never came, so who knows.

I know he wants early playing time, but after seeing what Hosely is doing, it may be enticing to check us out a little more.