• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One down, two more big ones to come

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Asante, WR from Mallard Creek High School outside of Charlotte committed to the Hokies after his game last night. he chose the Hokies over the Mountaineers and interest from UNC and NC State. WVU called him right after the game and asked him not to commit yet, until he visited them. he told them "Sorry Coach, I am already a Hokie".

Gee, I wonder what's next?

Mike Farrell (rivalsmike) on Twitter

Marquise Williams - Yahoo! Sports

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can guess who one of the "big ones," but not sure of the other...

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent an e-mail out to Bill King (Rivals Radio) asking him to see if he can get Mike Farrell's input on this since one of Six' links has him mentioning MW. I will let you guys know if he replies back or what I hear about this in case he gets a chance to ask Farrell about this during his show.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent an e-mail out to Bill King (Rivals Radio) asking him to see if he can get Mike Farrell's input on this since one of Six' links has him mentioning MW. I will let you guys know if he replies back or what I hear about this in case he gets a chance to ask Farrell about this during his show.

I would be interested to hear his take.

I am going to go ahead and say that all of my sources are saying that it is a done deal and that he is a Hokie.

In other interesting news, Daquan Romero out of Phoebus HS decommitted from UNCheat today and committed to UVA. We did not offer him, and are pretty stacked at his position, but just more evidence that the ship is taking on water down there at Chapel Hill.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he asked him for me (I think) but I wasn't able to listen to all of it. However I am waiting for the Rivals Radio podcast on iTunes to update and I am going to check it out. I think this all occurred in the second hour of his broadcast. Will let you know once it updates - fo'shizzle!

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So around 1:30 in he gets to it, he said that he thinks it is a VERY good chance we get MW because of the other recruit we just hauled in. Also, he said that MW and this new recruit were best friends and that anyone should really "read between the lines on this one". So that is very promising. He also said there may be one more that VT/UVA may get from UNC - LT. He mentioned that there are rumors that he may be looking as well and that us and UVa were heavily recruiting him before and that one of us could potentially end up with him. So not too shabby. :)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So around 1:30 in he gets to it, he said that he thinks it is a VERY good chance we get MW because of the other recruit we just hauled in. Also, he said that MW and this new recruit were best friends and that anyone should really "read between the lines on this one". So that is very promising. He also said there may be one more that VT/UVA may get from UNC - LT. He mentioned that there are rumors that he may be looking as well and that us and UVa were heavily recruiting him before and that one of us could potentially end up with him. So not too shabby. :)

I figured that is who it was. i am not concerned about him as a player, but his step-dad and dad are shady as fuck.

Also, I would be more concerned about WVU than UVA as competition. I think his dad is alum, and was pushing Morgantown.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters on two of the main N.C. State boards are abuzz about something very big about to hit the fan in Crapel Hill. This could get very interesting

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Great news. Question 46, is LT coming as a QB or an athlete? Also, packpride today is saying there are tweets out there today confirming MW to VT, but I can't confirm. Heard anything concrete? Go Hokies

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikw Farrell just tweeted this. :D:):cool:

Looks like 4 star QB Marquise Williams has de-committed from UNC and committed to VTech according to sources, should be public soon.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing that it is a done deal, but not officially. I am going to call him ours, and some of the UNC boards are in full meltdown mode. One of the guys called Beamer one of the dirtiest recruitiers around....yeah, that is about as 100% wrong as can be.

Thorougood may end up at slot reciever, running back, or even on the defensive side of the ball, however, he will start as a quarterback, on an even playign field as Williams.

I have called him my top QB prospect for the Hokies since Day 1, if you read my posts, and I am firm on that. I LOVE Williams but am also huge on Lafonte and think he fits the Hokie quarterback mold better.

I will do positional breakdowns in the down time between the ACC-CG and the Bowl Games to keep things interesting. I will give my take on the quarterbacks then.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done deal: marquise is a hokie, and sfhould officially announce on the next day or so, though he is from Charlotte and may wait for a certain game happening there this weekend.

Also, dafunk got a thrashing from me over at Disney You all may like, just don't spill the beans on this being a done deal.

:)

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice - thanks for all of your input here Six. You're the man. Now on to the next big target...any idea who we have a real chance of getting ? Grant, Nicholson, LT?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice - thanks for all of your input here Six. You're the man. Now on to the next big target...any idea who we have a real chance of getting ? Grant, Nicholson, LT?

Grant = who the hell knows, everyone is counting us out because he is not giving us an official, but nobody knows what he is thinking these days, it would not shock me

Nicholson = wants guaranteed playing time = going to UVA

LT = still up in the air, but I think he goes down with the ship in C Hill.

Maybe Anthony and/or Hughes is the next big get.

Terrell is also down to us and WVU and may commit sooner than later.

More are soon to leave UNC, so we will see. I am holding out hopes for Holts but I doubt it. Our next big splash may be a stud from 2012, Caleb or Kirven.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to the Rivals Radio podcast and they had Farrell on this AM. A VT fan called in about Curtis Grant and Farrell said that all signs pointed him to definitely going out of state - most likely Florida. He also said he had recently dropped VT and kept UVA in the mix just because of London recruiting him hard.

Farrell also touched on MW. He said that this past week MW and his best friend the WR were seen all decked out in VT gear and that the NC coaches were doing everything to keep MW, but he will definitely decommit. It's just a matter of when...