• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On Teuvo Teravainen

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 18. Will appear in the Hawks preseason camp, then back to Europe for another year. Then, probably looking at a year or less in the AHL. Plenty of time to get him ready.

The only downside for Teuvo is his size. Small...but then again look at Kaner. We'll see how Teuvo does against the big boys when he gets here.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On TT's performance at WJC camp:

Teuvo Teravainen, C, Chicago Blackhawks (Jokerit-SM-Liiga)
With Chicago GM Stan Bowman in attendance, Teravainen had a fantastic week and led all players in scoring. "He's been great here," said Finland head coach Karri Kivi. "I think he was the best player at the tournament." He had scouts buzzing about how dangerous he was every shift with one of the more memorable performances at this under-20 camp in the past few years. Teravainen's great speed, puck skills, vision and shooting skill are what made him so dangerous.
He was able to split defenders and push the pace, while also controlling the play with the man advantage and setting up many scoring chances. What was interesting was not only what Teravainen did on offense, but also on defense. He played a lot of tough defensive minutes, logging penalty-killing time, and even killing off a 5-on-3. When asked about how he felt in a penalty-killing role, Teravainen said, "It was my first time [in International play.]"

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
highly doubt this kid see's any time in rockford. way to talented

And he's 18. He finishes up in the Finnish League (hey, I made a funny there) and the next season the Hawks send him to Rockford when he is 19 years old.

The Hawks are in no hurry to have to rush kids to the bigs anymore. They are stocked to the gills with talent on their team and at Rockford. Wouldn't be surprised to see him when he is 21 and not before that.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new CBA, they're allowed to keep them overseas for an extra year. I think TT will play at least another year and a half in Finland before coming to N. America. Still very early in his development. It might be 2 1/2 to 3 years before we see a meaningful contribution.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed him to a ELC. He'll stay in Finland for the season and will hopefully be in Rockford at the end of the year.