• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oline

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you guys feeling about our current Oline. I for one am really worried. Grasu has shown me nothing. Massie has been below average from day one. LT is still a very big question. We lost our best blocking TE and our RBs have yet to make a good block. I think Oline is our weakest position. Followed by RB then secondary. What concerns do you guys have?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Long is a huge upgrade if he moves back to RG, Massett will be close to the inexperienced Long at RT. I liked Boggs at center, but he is in detroit. Cant really blame Grasu much, he was not even supposed to play. I really thought they would have resigned montgomery again for center because Grasu would have learned from him. I am pretty sure that Slausen was making the adjustment calls whether he was playing guard or center. If Mongomery was not injured last year and Grasu got to play guard and watch what he was doing it would have really helped his development.

Left side is always worrying me on the blind side. I would really like to see Long to to that side, either at guard or tackle. Leno to me is just serviceable, a good backup, a good guy to bring in the double tight end set, not a #1 left tackle. That needs to be addressed early in the draft.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massie was good enough to start on a much better team than the Bears?:noidea:

I like the Massie signing, but agree that the left side could use some competition.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's partially why, in my mock draft, I took (Maybe reached a hair) for Spriggs in the early 2nd rd.

He's graded as a 2nd rd player, but 10th may have been a bit high. He held his own against Bosa and Shilique Calhoun? Seems like a hard-worker.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massie was good enough to start on a much better team than the Bears?:noidea:

I like the Massie signing, but agree that the left side could use some competition.

Do you think Massie was signed to play the left side? I mentioned earlier, that most pros start on the right then get to the left when their technique is there to protect the blind side. Dont know if that is the case for either Kyle or MAssie.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Massie was signed to play the left side? I mentioned earlier, that most pros start on the right then get to the left when their technique is there to protect the blind side. Dont know if that is the case for either Kyle or MAssie.

No clue. All I've read is that Long would bump inside back to guard and Massie would play RT.

I don't know what the plan is on the left side. I'm not sure if they are banking on Leno...I thought he did alright, but nothing special by any means.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happier with Massie before I read up on him. He has not been as good as I thought. Still a upgrade for us plus Long can move back to G also, 2 good things. I hope for a LT in the draft early.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Massie was signed to play the left side? .
No I don't. And I hope they don't move Long over there either. Massie needs to prove himself on the R side.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the concern... the way I see it. They upgraded the entire right side with Massie and Long back to guard. (Long should stay put at RG... be the best in the league) They signed some beef with the other two Guard/Center guys... Ted Larsen and Manny Ramirez...both I believe can play Center in a pinch.
Slausen has played really well when he's left alone at Left guard.
I think they will draft a left tackle...or at least a swing man.
We have to remember that both Grasu and Leno were rookies. They now have really good experience and a full offseason of weights and film and simply being pros. Give em a chance to learn and grow before we throw them out.
Flipping from right to left side on the line or left to right is a big deal. It's which hand in on the ground and which leg is kick off left or right... Leno was terrible at RT tackle and was much better at Left... it was just a better fit for him. Give these guys one spot and let them gel and learn and perfect it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your best two need to be on the blind side of the quarterback period. Long is also more athletic for the pulling plays. I think the only reason Slausen has played left is simply because Sanchez did that ass face plant with Slausen on the right side.