• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma @ TCU...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU (3-2) is clearly not as good as their preseason ranking. That's why I hate preseason rankings. The first week of October I think is a good time to start ranking teams. Bob Stoops' first season was 7-5. The next season yielded 13-0 and National Champions. So, who knows? I'm optimistic about the future, but this season could be pretty lean. It wouldn't shock me if they lost to Kansas (5-0) in a couple of weeks. Next up is Texas (2-2).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'm really wanting to talk some shit, right?

Not going to though.

You do what you want, there are a lot of issues to be straightened out in Norman.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what you Sooner fans were saying all off season.

Lmao the defense has needed to be rebuilt for a decade, and Riley certainly did nothing to address it. I wish you luck with him, offensive genius, when he wants to be, but he is some kind of soft. Its going to take time in Norman, but our history says we will be fine. I think we got the right guy, but it’s going to be ugly this season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao the defense has needed to be rebuilt for a decade, and Riley certainly did nothing to address it. I wish you luck with him, offensive genius, when he wants to be, but he is some kind of soft. Its going to take time in Norman, but our history says we will be fine. I think we got the right guy, but it’s going to be ugly this season.

lol

Horse shit. That shit is on Venables and Roof.

I'm not sold on Grinch or our defense. But it is definitely more disciplined and tackles better than I've seen in a few years.

And I doubt we'll be giving up 55 points to anyone.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Horse shit. That shit is on Venables and Roof.

I'm not sold on Grinch or our defense. But it is definitely more disciplined and tackles better than I've seen in a few years.

And I doubt we'll be giving up 55 points to anyone.

Of course it’s on Venables, he is the head coach. Can’t run him off without letting him get some of his players on campus. You will give up 55 often with that crew, when you play someone. You realize they don’t allow tackling in practice right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it’s on Venables, he is the head coach. Can’t run him off without letting him get some of his players on campus. You will give up 55 often with that crew, when you play someone. You realize they don’t allow tackling in practice right?

Yes they do. But it's limited. Our defense gets guys to the ground on first contact more than I've seen in a long time.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do. But it's limited. Our defense gets guys to the ground on first contact more than I've seen in a long time.

What they have thus far looks ok, just telling you defense and toughness will never be a priority. It’s easier to not give up as many points though when your offense can control the ball. That is Riley’s claim to fame and he seems to be motivated again. It would be good for the game if a west coast team got competitive again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they have thus far looks ok, just telling you defense and toughness will never be a priority. It’s easier to not give up as many points though when your offense can control the ball. That is Riley’s claim to fame and he seems to be motivated again. It would be good for the game if a west coast team got competitive again.

Offense controlling the ball is almost always part of the plan of any team.

As far as ignoring defense, he hasn't so far. They have a few guys from the portal who are major contributors, including 2 starting linebackers. They are having a big recruiting visit weekend right now and there are several highly rated defensive players among them.

OU was his first HC job, so he may have learned that he can't ignore defense. My main concern with the defense is they tend to give up a lot of rushing yards. It hasn't been translating to points yet, but it will if they don't improve.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't realize Riley's brother is the OC of TCU. lol .