• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my Big Balls Chip first three rounds:

1) OT Jake Fisher, Oregon. Quack quack, he stats at RG opening day and becomes RT next year when they cut Peters and move Lane Johnson to LT.

2) OG Ali Marpet, Hobart. Chip reaches for the small-school workout wonder who runs the 40 under 5.0, and plugs him in at LG, trading Evan Mathis to clear cap room.

3) WR Chris Conley, Georgia. Chip gambles again, this time for a workout wonder who has great size and speed and whose numbers might have been better with a better QB in college.

All three taken a round or more sooner than "experts" predict but Chip doesn't care because he is drafting for scheme.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he clearly gets Ifo if he's there in the 3rd...or 2nd. :crazy:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) OT Jake Fisher, Oregon. Quack quack, he stats at RG opening day and becomes RT next year when they cut Peters and move Lane Johnson to LT.

2) OG Ali Marpet, Hobart. Chip reaches for the small-school workout wonder who runs the 40 under 5.0, and plugs him in at LG, trading Evan Mathis to clear cap room.

3) WR Chris Conley, Georgia. Chip gambles again, this time for a workout wonder who has great size and speed and whose numbers might have been better with a better QB in college.

All three taken a round or more sooner than "experts" predict but Chip doesn't care because he is drafting for scheme.

Looks good, except that I agree with Wiz = Chip wants him here. Plus, he's injured, so he fits the bill as well as being a Duck. Definitely in round 3, if he's available.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he clearly gets Ifo if he's there in the 3rd...or 2nd. :crazy:
I see Ifo going in round 4, but who knows what chip will do? If free agency is any indication he will be wheeling and dealing up and down all 3 days.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that is our first 3 rounds I will look like your Avatar....Would make me sick.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fisher is a likely candidate at 20, a lot of people are impressed with him after his showing at the combine. Has a lot of similarities to Kyle Long when he came out, both physical guys that play with an edge, might be an OK tackle but if you kick him inside he can be a stud guard w/ pro-bowl potential...

How about this scenario - if Cleveland was the team that was offering a 1st for Bradford, would you swing him for 12 (or 19) if Mariota is still on the board? I think there's a pretty good chance that he will fall out of the top 10.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Marpet a lot, but not in the 2nd. Would rather have Tre Jackson, Cam Erving (may not make it there) or even Laken Tomlinson. Tomlinson reminds me of Warford from the Lions - road grader that trucks people in the run game.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Marpet a lot, but not in the 2nd. Would rather have Tre Jackson, Cam Erving (may not make it there) or even Laken Tomlinson. Tomlinson reminds me of Warford from the Lions - road grader that trucks people in the run game.
Love all 3 of those guys as well!!! Absolutely!

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note about Tomlinson - he was the only OL to stone Danny Shelton at the Senior Bowl practices; and Shelton is one of the better NT's to come out in a long time... that has to count for something when you're projecting level of competition.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that is what I would do, but I am trying to channel the mind of Chippah.

Honestly, I can't begin to do it though. The Tebow move today demonstrates that Chip crazy is beyond my abilities to fathom.

24235848.jpg

lpennington

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to draft Jalen Strong at 20. Local guy who fits Chips profile.

I go back & forth between whether we should get an OL or WR in the 1st round. I'm past BPA, the need is too great at those positions, IMO.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully on the Strong bandwagon, and read that Philly met with him. I think he is a possibility. But...I predict Jake Fisher at 20.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How realistic is it for Strong to make it all the way to 20? If Cooper, White, Parker and Strong are all off the board when 20 comes around who is your next WR? Do you take Smith or Dorsett? To bad with Funchess running those 4.70's he's got to be strictly a TE at this point.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlinson looked awesome at the Combine. If we got him in the second, I'd be ecstatic.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ #20, BPA, of course. So, if the WRs are gone, then Fisher.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully on the Strong bandwagon, and read that Philly met with him. I think he is a possibility. But...I predict Jake Fisher at 20.
I want Strong, it's just I doubt he makes it to us....if he does I'd run the card up there.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How realistic is it for Strong to make it all the way to 20? If Cooper, White, Parker and Strong are all off the board when 20 comes around who is your next WR? Do you take Smith or Dorsett? To bad with Funchess running those 4.70's he's got to be strictly a TE at this point.
Breshad Perriman

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In that scenario I address another position, corner, safety or OL. The draft is pretty deep at WR actually.