• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people are late to the KJ party ... a few months ago when I did my first Mock Off Season I had him as my 3rd round pick as most places had him in that area or later. All the film I saw on him was very impressive, much better than that of a 3rd rounder or later. I thought he was easily 2nd round value, but when he showed as good as he did on the agility and explosive drills to go along with the good tape ... it explains the rise up the boards. I doubt he overtakes Waynes, but he's not far behind and a safer pick over Peters and Collins. Pick 20 is probably his ceiling and early 2nd is his floor.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me at all - it's usually this time of the year that we hear about a couple of prospects suddenly ascending to the top of the first round. But it's because they were already there, the word is just now getting out to everyone else.

Don't be surprised if he is the first CB off the board and could go as high as 11 to Minnesota. Just saying.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all these taller corners who can run--Waynes, Johnson, Collins--will go before the end of the first round.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Agholor - USC Trojans - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said USC WR Nelson Agholor is "one of the best route runners in this draft."
"I think he has more upside than (former USC WRs) Robert Woods or Marqise Lee," Mayock said. Initially lost in the shuffle in a deep WR class, Agholor has recently emerged as a darkhorse first rounder. "You can play him outside, you can play him inside," NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said. "I know he has a slight frame but he has burst and can also return punts and kicks. He has a lot of value and is a very, very bright guy who has impressed teams with his football knowledge. The top of the second round is where I have him, in the 30s, but I can easily see him sliding up into the first round." Agholor, who caught 104 passes for 1,313 yards (12.6) and 12 scores in 2014, posted a 4.44 forty with a 1.53 10-yard split at the combine. Mar 31 - 8:18 PM

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
131793.jpg

The Cowboys and Eagles put Utah OL Jeremiah Poutasi through a private workout, according to Tony Pauline.

Poutasi is a powerful blocker who many project to move inside in the NFL. The Utah product has played both tackle spots, and some teams could view that as positional versatility. He tested like a below average athlete.

NFL Draft | Pauline: DAL & PHI work out OL Poutasi - Rotoworld.com

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that they're looking at a guy like Poutasi, it means guys like Tomlinson and Tre Jackson would also be in play for the Eagles' draft plans - guys that may not fit the scheme philisophically for not being quick athletic guys that can move in space but big road-grader types who will kill people with their size and strength.

My guess is they're going to address skill positions early and look to add lineman prospects in the mid to late rounds.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have 8 draft picks. You would figure they would want:

Defensive Backs: (2)
OLB: (1)
ILB: (0)
DL: (0)
OL: (2)
TE: (0)
RB: (0)
WR: (2)
QB: (1)

With the DBs, OL and WR most likely to compete for immediate starting spots, so they should be the first three rounds pretty much in that order. I would not be surprised to see DBs in rounds 1 and 2, OL in round 3 & 5 and WR in rounds 4 & 5 and a development QB in round 6 and an OLB in round 7.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a little surprising as he would not seem like a scheme fit.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Agholor WR USC is one guy I think Chip Kelly will 100% try to draft. He is everything Chip Kelly loves...He is a Smart smart guy, a character guy...he has decent size, speed, route running ability, hands, good RAC ability and the topper is he is a homerun on special teams both in kick and punt return....oh and Chip recruited him while at Oregon.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are supposedly interested, but I see people regard him as a slot guy at the NFL level. We need an outside receiver--unless Chip thinks Josh Huff is an outside receiver.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookie play with Matthews was to have him focus on learning the one position, slot receiver and focus on doing that well. This was to lessen the rookie learning curve, and also to put him in a position where they felt he would get playing time as a rookie. They gave Huff the harder job of learning the outside positions.

This time around, I expect that all the vets including Matthews and Huff will learn all the positions. Its hard to imagine that Matthews won't earn the right to be an every down receiver, whether than means outside exclusively, or rotating into different positions. I also think that the slot could be the domain of a Sproles/Ertz mix, and that Huff will push and maybe even win the starting spot over Cooper. Its easy to imagine Austin winning a job there as well. It should be a good competition.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what other rookie WRs were able to do in a great year overall for rookie WR's, 67-872-8 is a great line for a rookie WR.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is pretty realistic...

I will be happy with any of the top WR, CB, or even OL, or a trade down for extra picks. This is going to be a tough pick to screw up.

I know there are character issues in two of these but how about:

1. Peters CB
2. DGB WR
3. Marley OG

Certainly fills holes.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters mentor is evidently Marshawn Lynch, who while a great football player is a major pain in the a$$. It all evidently stems from their childhood in Oakland.

I don't think getting kicked off the team would be a deal breaker for Kelly depending on how things went down there. Reportedly eight players were dismissed from that team over several months, so the coach seems to be a bit of a hard ass. But Peters seems to come from the same sort of rough background as DJAX, and exhibits some of the same attributes as far as coachability and the like. I think there is a good chance that Kelly has crossed him off their board based on culture fit.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are supposedly interested, but I see people regard him as a slot guy at the NFL level. We need an outside receiver--unless Chip thinks Josh Huff is an outside receiver.

I think Agohlor can play outside - explosive guy and I think he's a better prospect coming out than Robert Woods was, Woods has looked pretty good his first two years in the league playing wide. The problem is you either overdraft him at 20 or trade down into the 30-40's because I don't think he'll make it to 52.

Or maybe you take your DB in the 1st, and trade up in the 2nd like we did last year w/Matthews to get him. Marcus Peters in the 1st and Agohlor in the 2nd sounds good to me!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Fajardo a little bit. Sort of a Russell Wilson clone? Maybe in he 5th?
How about:
Byron Jones
Agholor
Marpet
Rowe
?