• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Oh those mighty Red Sox, disappointing Padres & Flopping Nats

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true story

two have been hit in the face, rios had his hand broken

Have you considered that maybe because the Royals have been acting like a gaggle of Baltimore looters, that the baseballs themselves have been trying to hit them?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you considered that maybe because the Royals have been acting like a gaggle of Baltimore looters, that the baseballs themselves have been trying to hit them?

Yes, I've considered it.

That's probably the only real possibility. There is no way Santana was trying to hit Escobar with two outs and nobody on base. Only KC pitchers try to hit people on purpose.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things little fella.

1) The Yanks never had a lead today

2) My last post on this thread was 2-3 hours BEFORE the yankees game even started until I got in from work

Lol. When they had the lead

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word. I'm surprised the catcher didn't spit on Escobar while he lay there. That would have been awesome and pretty appropriate

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've considered it.

That's probably the only real possibility. There is no way Santana was trying to hit Escobar with two outs and nobody on base. Only KC pitchers try to hit people on purpose.

You mean Salazar? Last night? You think that was intentional?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Salazar? Last night? You think that was intentional?

Either that, or KC is extremely unlucky
Two batters hit in the face, and another one with a broken hand
The only pitchers ejected from beanballs have been Royals

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I'm not going to speak to the other HBPs, but I would be shocked if last night was intentional.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just saw that the Rangers are tied with the Royals in HBP. I wonder why MLB is out to get them?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that the Rangers are tied with the Royals in HBP. I wonder why MLB is out to get them?

Yeah, they have been hit a lot too.

I'm sure it's just bad luck on KC's part, but it's getting old. Learn to command your inside pitches or go to the minors

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure it's just bad luck on KC's part, but it's getting old. Learn to command your inside pitches or go to the minors

Finally a rational post from you on this topic. About time!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. They've been hit 20 times in about as many games. I'm sure some of them were intentional. It's possible too that sometimes Royals are crowding the plate, and I imagine some of it is inside pitches that got away from the pitchers.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a rational post from you on this topic. About time!

espn happens to agree with me on team targeting them

Which brings up an even broader question here: Do umps have to come into every game with a clean slate, no matter who's playing or who is on the mound? Should they? Is this really just about the Royals, or about everyone else and how they play? At what point is it the responsibility of umpires and of the industry as a whole to look at whether or not people are going after Royals?

Either way, player safety is paramount, and what we have is the appearance of disproportionate response. The Royals are beating people and beating them their way, and it certainly seems as if the game's collective answer has been to beat them up.

And I'll say this, because baseball is an entertainment and a game and a sport and a business all wrapped up in one: The Royals are fun and fun to watch. If the reaction formation of the game's competitive makeup is to try to sand that down -- and maybe make losing to the Royals just a little more palatable to the loser -- that's one thing. But if people are getting hurt, that's another, and it's something that takes away from the game itself. There are only so many Royals players.

We should all want to see the Royals triumph or get taken down a peg because of what happens on the field playing baseball, not because people get deleted by mayhem and injury from the proposition that the Royals might just be this good. If they win and celebrate it because you've got a stack of guys under 30 just flat-out enjoying that they're good enough to win, it's on everyone else to beat them if they don't like it.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. They've been hit 20 times in about as many games. I'm sure some of them were intentional. It's possible too that sometimes Royals are crowding the plate, and I imagine some of it is inside pitches that got away from the pitchers.
Are you two finally talking reasonably on this subject?!? I am so disappointed in both of you. :heh::suds:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think if Jordanna Ventura stops telling hitters to go fuck their mothers on routine ground outs, Royals hitters would be targeted less?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think if Jordanna Ventura stops telling hitters to go fuck their mothers on routine ground outs, Royals hitters would be targeted less?

He said "fuck you" not "fuck your mother"

"Replying to another player's comments is not allowed"