• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Goals / Free Agents

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some money to play with.

C Ryan Jensen is supposedly going to be available. He is projected to get somewhere in the vicinity of 3 years / $10 million per year. PFF Grade: 69.5

LG Connor Williams is also going to be available. He is projected to get around 3 years / $6.67 million per year. PFF Grade: 75.5

Then with the 32nd pick (wink): I am wondering if we should take: Daniel Faalele for RT. Dude is massive at 6'8 to 6'9 / 385 pounds. He is also said to have improved his body control and response speed by 30% from his 2019 season to his 2021 season. That is an absolute road grader. Plus, RG might not look as bad if you get those pieces around you.

I am also back on the Jesse Bates train, but not top 5 money, but maybe just outside that number, maybe around 6 to 8. Otherwise franchise for a year.

Second round pick maybe a CB or TE.

Thoughts?

PS...Only talking post season because it feels a little like we burned the Superbowl matchup out a little bit. Something more to discuss on Sunday night or Monday morning.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some money to play with.

C Ryan Jensen is supposedly going to be available. He is projected to get somewhere in the vicinity of 3 years / $10 million per year. PFF Grade: 69.5

LG Connor Williams is also going to be available. He is projected to get around 3 years / $6.67 million per year. PFF Grade: 75.5

Then with the 32nd pick (wink): I am wondering if we should take: Daniel Faalele for RT. Dude is massive at 6'8 to 6'9 / 385 pounds. He is also said to have improved his body control and response speed by 30% from his 2019 season to his 2021 season. That is an absolute road grader. Plus, RG might not look as bad if you get those pieces around you.

I am also back on the Jesse Bates train, but not top 5 money, but maybe just outside that number, maybe around 6 to 8. Otherwise franchise for a year.

Second round pick maybe a CB or TE.

Thoughts?

PS...Only talking post season because it feels a little like we burned the Superbowl matchup out a little bit. Something more to discuss on Sunday night or Monday morning.
I am with you for Jensen and a LG. Carmen needs to be the every day RG - Adeniji is rated 61 of 68th, and you drafted Carmen in the 2nd round AND through the season Carmen has replaced him in games (though some by design). They need to see what they have with him - I would also be OK with bring Reiff back at RT for another year - but still need an OT in the draft. Depth will be needed, as we've seen this year.

RT - I'm not going with a project, which is Faalele is - Also, he struggled at times in the Sr bowl showing his rawness. Sanders from UC, who needs to add weight, just absolutely destroyed him and even bullied him with a power rush/bull rush putting him on his ass.

I'm interested in the OT from CMU - one of the highest graded OT in college last year - and his position coach is one of the best (actually just left CMU for Cincinnati).

I give Bates Top 5 money (average) for next year, and year 2, and then after that with the cap jumping, he'll likely be a bargain. I'm not paying him AS the top Safety, though. If needed, tag him for 1 more year and then draft a Safety in the draft to sit behind him this year.

I like CJ - but we'll have to see what he demands at TE - but having a true passing TE would be a benefit with how much Burrow targets that middle ground with the TE - though, again, CJ really showed great improvement this year - and he's a pretty good blocker. Might be worth the investment for 3-4 more years.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think the bengals will go for those particular free agents. Bates will likely sign with another team, wanting top money and someone will give it, but not the bengals. They are hope reiff heals. They hope they get lucky in the draft. Maybe they sign some mid tier person.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love it if they signed the Ravens Bradley Bozeman at center. Massive upgrade for us and a blow to the Ravens at the same time.

But in general, I just think they need to acquire two free agent linemen that are proven starters. I think you can roll with a line made up of 3/5 good, quality players with a rookie or developmental type players at the other positions. You can't roll with a line that has only 1-2 quality players - That's where we were at the end of the year.