• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Goal

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20. Melky Cabrera, OF: Wherever he signs, it will be value-price and worth the investment. He was playing MVP-caliber baseball before his positive test for testosterone, and if MLB wants to treat PED users with absolute forgiveness – and it does – then a smart team will step up and steal Cabrera on a one-year deal.

41. Jeff Keppinger, UT: Absolutely kills left-handed pitching (last year .376/.402/.521, career .333/.376/.487) and can play all three infield positions. In the hands of the right manager – like Joe Maddon – he is a distinct weapon.

149. Dioner Navarro, C: Hit .290 in 69 at-bats last year. Hit .207 in 676 at-bats his previous three.

------------------------------------------------

There are the three signings we shold make, along with bringing Hamilton up right from the get go to play CF. I know he has not had a lot of top level success yet, but there have been several players that have made the jump recently with little to no AAA experience and they have busted on the scene: Harper, Trout, etc. I am not saying Hamilton is the next Mike Trout, but he can be what we want him to be and get his education here. I don't think he would struggle much more here than AAA during his off weeks. It can't possibly be worse than Stubbs. I know defense is in question, but hit the guy a thousand fly balls this spring, and just let him go. Between his speed and bility to bunt, he is still going to scare pitchers a bit because they do not want to put him on in fear that a walk could turn into a triple. He bunts with 2 strikes on him after swinging at the previous two. Infielders are going to have to play in all the time giving him a chance to blast it by them on full swings.

CF Hamilton
LF Cabrera
1B Votto
2B Phillips
RF Bruce
3B Frazier
SS Cozart
C Hanigan/Navarro

And just let 'er go!

Not sure why Keppinger would sign back with us with no defined staring role, but should get lots of playing time still as a backup to Frazier, Cozart and Phillips, along with pinch hitter. Let Mesoraco sit a year in AAA get his confidence back after his miserable season last year.

What say you?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have too much baseball knowledge as I only follow the Reds

Hamliton definitely should get moved up

I'm not sure if we're the type of team that will take the chance on Cabrera though I hope we do.

Next year I feel like should be the year for us.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have too much baseball knowledge as I only follow the Reds

Hamliton definitely should get moved up

I'm not sure if we're the type of team that will take the chance on Cabrera though I hope we do.

Next year I feel like should be the year for us.

Well, we missed out on that train. Will be real interesting to see what the Reds do upcoming here in FA. Todd Redmond was signed to a major league contract. A couple other minor league fillers. Biggest news is the possible signign of Broxton for 3 years to become the new closer so Chapman can be moved to the starting rotation. I have to think that is going to mean that Leake is the odd man out. However, Chapman's innings will be limited his first year due to arm fatigue issues, which means that Leake may get the bulk of the work down the stretch.

It will be interesting.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reds thoughts on the choo deal and the impact on offense/defense?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reds thoughts on the choo deal and the impact on offense/defense?

Looking like a great transation so far.

Choo is hitting like .429 this spring and has reached base safely in 6 of his last 10 at bats.

A healthy Votto, Choo getting on base at about a .385 clip and more starters than we know what to do with...this team is poised to compete for a WS this year.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I STILL cant believe they have yet to decide on Chapman. This should have been settled a few seasons ago...