• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official WVU vs Texas Tech game thread

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, the clock management at the end of the game was good. That is what I was looking for at the half last week.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that clock management wasn't that bad after all

Got to admit. My nuts got tight when he went for a pass with 7 seconds. I said kick the FG, my son said 1 more pass. It all worked out as we would have gone into OT barring a pick 6.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have to start trusting his madness

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say great OC but average at best HC. But Ill take the win and let the rest play out.

Then he should fit in nicely with all of the other men who've been HC at WVU...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to some of our fans at the time...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having had a day to reflect on this game I have to say...

This is, IMHO, WVU's most impressive win of the year. Moreso, it may be the most impressive win WVU has had under DH. Coming back from down 14 in the 4th quarter to win as time expires... It's something that has been missing from WVU for a while. Equally impressive to me is that I saw improvement from LAST WEEK.

Thoughts?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is, IMHO, WVU's most impressive win of the year. Moreso, it may be the most impressive win WVU has had under DH. Coming back from down 14 in the 4th quarter to win as time expires... It's something that has been missing from WVU for a while. Equally impressive to me is that I saw improvement from LAST WEEK.

Thoughts?
:agree:, for the first time since Holgorsen has been our coach, I saw adjustments made at the half that were effective, I saw a team that came out in the second half with fire, desire, hunger. I will give props to the kids and coaches for a VERY important win.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

Defense was 4 plays(misses tackles,blown coverages) it would have been perfect lol

I think the team showed a lot of what we have been waiting to see, hope they can build on it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

Well… the secondary made some early assignment mistakes allowing TT to make some big plays. Heading into this game, I knew the TT offense would challenge this defense in ways they had yet to be challenged.

The nice thing to see, was they did not become unglued by these early mental miscues… like they did when they played Baylor last year.

WVU's defense shut them down on their last two possessions, and allowed the offense to have a chance to get them back into the game… and eventually get the chance for the game winner.

The defense now has some valuable film to study today to provide them a chance to learn from their mistakes. Baylor's offense presents a different challenge. But, one where the secondary will certainlyneed to step up.

I worry that our personnel changes on the D-line will allow BU to have a big day running the ball… like the success TT enjoyed.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread you all crack me up.........Dana's time management was more than fine...and his willingness to run the ball even in the two minute drill WAS THE RIGHT CALLS!!!

I spoke to BBW after the game and he agreed...when a team runs two high safety's outside of the hash marks pretty much all day to double the outside recievers the middle of the field is wide open..hence #10 56 yard TD strike...Holgorsen was taking what the defense gave him and if any of the backs get thru the line of scrimmage they would have been off to the races...credit TT for tackling well.......

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling is always easy to criticize after the play is ran....fact is play calling got us the win when it is all said and done.....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play calling is always easy to criticize after the play is ran....fact is play calling got us the win when it is all said and done.....

I agree DCW!!.....

I told BBW there is something about playing in Lubbock..you just get a queasy not so good feeling like watching a bad Twilight Zone episode...it seems like a strange environment...I think at the end of the day it was a monster win for many reasons...I like they are getting Baylor after playing TCU...they are due for a let down game..and coming into Morgantown...I like our chances..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread you all crack me up.........Dana's time management was more than fine...and his willingness to run the ball even in the two minute drill WAS THE RIGHT CALLS!!!

I spoke to BBW after the game and he agreed...when a team runs two high safety's outside of the hash marks pretty much all day to double the outside recievers the middle of the field is wide open..hence #10 56 yard TD strike...Holgorsen was taking what the defense gave him and if any of the backs get thru the line of scrimmage they would have been off to the races...credit TT for tackling well.......
:agree: No complaints from me about the play calling. DH always seems to have a good feel for when to pop a draw play into a passing situation. It's not like the expected Don Nehlen draw play because he's playing things conservative. With DH, he's running it because the opportunity is there for a big play.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time management worked fine. could have squeezed in a couple of more plays, but it does give the D a rest and a chance to sub. In the end, it was a win so we don't need to blame anyone for anything. Easy to second guess from the hunting cabin.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time management worked fine. could have squeezed in a couple of more plays, but it does give the D a rest and a chance to sub. In the end, it was a win so we don't need to blame anyone for anything. Easy to second guess from the hunting cabin.

They ran 94 plays!................:suds: