• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official pats/falcons SB smack talk thread

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Week 7 on, they scored 341 points. That's 16th most all-time from Week 7 until the end of the season. 50 points fewer than the 1998 Vikings. So what are you talking about?
Most efficient in history by advanced metrics.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it... still makes no sense to me, but whatever.

I guess the rest of the NFL bowing to the dragon z god who is the Falcons??? That's my rough take after staring at it for 5 minutes. :yes:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure and neither does previous years results. You win games with talent and Atlanta has more of it. That said I think it'll come down to whoever has the ball last
I agree Atlanta has more offensive talent, but not defense... And more importantly, NE has Belichick. That TRUMP'S all in my opinion.

How do you stop all those offensive weapons? Cut the head off the snake. BB will find a way to get to Ryan.

Disclaimer - I hope Atlanta wins

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the rest of the NFL bowing to the dragon z god who is the Falcons??? That's my rough take after staring at it for 5 minutes. :yes:
Well that's about 4 minutes and 55 seconds longer than I starred at it so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please elaborate...
Atlanta has scored on nearly 60% of their possessions in that time frame. Best in history. It's been better than that in the playoffs. So if there are 10 possessions in the SB Atlanta is going to score on 6 or 7 of them and that's just reality. Frankly it'd be a higher % than that but they've been ahead by so much they haven't needed to score ( see the kneel down at the Seattle 1 or their last possession yesterday )

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Atlanta has more offensive talent, but not defense... And more importantly, NE has Belichick. That TRUMP'S all in my opinion.

How do you stop all those offensive weapons? Cut the head off the snake. BB will find a way to get to Ryan.

Disclaimer - I hope Atlanta wins
I hope they blitz but I fount they will. Yes if the DL can get pressure that'll help but no one has really done so since the middle of the season and the Pats pass rush is average at best. We shall see

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has scored on nearly 60% of their possessions in that time frame. Best in history. It's been better than that in the playoffs. So if there are 10 possessions in the SB Atlanta is going to score on 6 or 7 of them and that's just reality. Frankly it'd be a higher % than that but they've been ahead by so much they haven't needed to score ( see the kneel down at the Seattle 1 or their last possession yesterday )

Ok, fair point. But I would point out that the Steelers, by this metric, were pretty damn proficient in their game against the Chiefs. 6 FGs for a whopping 18 points.

A better metric is Red Zone efficiency. How many points do you score/give up from the red zone.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't really advanced stats. Either way though, your scoring% doesn't matter as much as the total points scored right? And they aren't up there in points scored.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair point. But I would point out that the Steelers, by this metric, were pretty damn proficient in their game against the Chiefs. 6 FGs for a whopping 18 points.

A better metric is Red Zone efficiency. How many points do you score/give up from the red zone.
Sure. That's fair. If Atlanta scores a TD and kicks 6 FGS then they'll lose. I'm really not trying to be a dick. New England can absolutely beat Atlanta. But if they do it will be because they scored mid 30s. It's naive to think NE is going to stifle Atlanta. Just not gonna happen

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't really advanced stats. Either way though, your scoring% doesn't matter as much as the total points scored right? And they aren't up there in points scored.
PPP is 3Rd best in history as well ( points per possession)

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to jump on the Patriots band wagon (I still hate them Sum Bitches) and give you crap and support the Pats, but this is what happened the 1st time the Patriots went to the SuperBowl against the what was considered to be the best offense in football.....
s-l300.jpg

Just sayin

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to jump on the Patriots band wagon (I still hate them Sum Bitches) and give you crap and support the Pats, but this is what happened the 1st time the Patriots went to the SuperBowl against the what was considered to be the best offense in football.....
s-l300.jpg

Just sayin
I'm aware. This may be blasphemous but right now this offense in Atlanta is better than that STL offense and those Pats team had HOFers on D. This one does not.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware. This may be blasphemous but right now this offense in Atlanta is better than that STL offense and those Pats team had HOFers on D. This one does not.
They may have scored the same amount of points as the Rams but if you show me anyone who wouldn't take Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and Kurt Warner over Julio Jones and a fantasy football freak and I will show you a dumbass.

The 2013 Broncos are still the best offense in the history of the game.