• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OFFICIAL Chicago Bears 2015 Draft Thread

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prove me wrong that the Bears fans envy the Packers. Why would a Bear fan go to a draft with a shirt like that....more negativity from Bear fans....do what you want and you will still be 2nd , 3rd, 4th best in the nfc north

The draft is in Chicago and a Bear fan wears a shirt with a message about the Packers. Draft what you want, Rodgers will still carve up the defense and Cuntler will still throw int;s

WTF is your problem? Why don't you take this up with the guy that wore the shirt if it really binds your panties this much. Coming here to bitch about this of all things serves no purpose. Way to represent your fan base on this board by acting like a total prick over something that those who post here have zero control over.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god… what a crock of shit. I am so beyond sick of this joke of an organization.

At least the masses of fans got what they want. A sexy skill position player, fucking yay! Because building teams around WR's always works out!

Joke… utter garbage.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think WR was one of the four biggest needs on this team, I just will say that I strongly disagree with you. Alshon plus Jaelen Strong would have been fine. I don't think any of our three defensive units could be called "fine."

I hear what you're saying... And, I don't have a great reason as to why, except to take Pace at his word, which was BPA. I just have to believe, White was head and shoulders above any of the D guys available at #7. Can't believe 2 drafts in a row, the team above us picked our guy. Really felt that if Williams and White would have been there at #7, the Bears would have gone Williams.

White will be better than the Marquess Wilson kid that showed me nothing last year. So in essence, he will fill a hole.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god… what a crock of shit. I am so beyond sick of this joke of an organization.

At least the masses of fans got what they want. A sexy skill position player, fucking yay! Because building teams around WR's always works out!

Joke… utter garbage.

Well, in fairness, other past GM's where not BPA guys, Pace sure is, as evidenced by this draft so far. Like I just posted, I bet if Williams had been there, we would have picked him richig. There is still plenty of draft to go, lets see what else is in store. Now if Pace picks a Wr with the second pick... I'm with you!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL website has Kevin White listed as the #3 best prospect on the whole board... so Pace went BPA.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joke… utter garbage.

I was really hoping that Williams would have slipped to 7. Oh well. When picking this high, bpa will fill a need. Most of the time I'd be fine with that because I get that the player that grades out the highest at the positions of need will be picked. However, in this instance where they are switching to 3-4, they can't get enough defensive prospects to evaluate. I just have a hard time believing the WR talent void left by Marshall is a greater need to fill over the available defensive front 7 prospects.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Joke… utter garbage.
Yeah dude, I gotta disagree with you here. Drafting a higher quality player at a less imminently necessary position is not garbage. It's actually wise.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that Williams would have slipped to 7. Oh well. When picking this high, bpa will fill a need. Most of the time I'd be fine with that because I get that the player that grades out the highest at the positions of need will be picked. However, in this instance where they are switching to 3-4, they can't get enough defensive prospects to evaluate. I just have a hard time believing the WR talent void left by Marshall is a greater need to fill over the available defensive front 7 prospects.

My guess, none graded out close to White. I kept hearing that since those two OLB/DE's messed up with off the field issues & with injuries, there were only 8 decent sure fire picks in this draft. Polian said this as recently as yesterday on the Mike and Mike show. He didn't name them since the consensus came from actual NFL scouts Polian had talked to. Looks like we went with one of the 8. The other I think was Gurley and even he had the knee issue.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted to go BPA, but I wanted to go "defensive BPA"… if that makes sense. I just really don't get this mindset with everyone where they believe in order to win a SB, you have to have all of these mega star skill guys. I also just don't understand why everyone thinks we were lacking receiving targets without BM. A LOT of teams worse off than us in that department, without grabbing White.

Second year in a row that I saw the team before us rip my heart out. Last year, STL taking Donald. This year NYJ with Williams.

Had a feeling this would happen, but it still pissed me off when it did. Oh well… Have to think 2nd and 3rd round they're going to go defense. Need to grab a LB somewhere here as well. Probably another potential NT, to go along with Sutton.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah dude, I gotta disagree with you here. Drafting a higher quality player at a less imminently necessary position is not garbage. It's actually wise.

In that case, I believe you try to trade down then.

If Kevin White makes the pro bowl next season, I don't think it helps this team. He's not a garbage player, but I don't think he makes this team any better.

WR's in general have HUGE bust potential. I just think it's a horrible position to take a gamble on when you're kicking off a rebuilding process.

I wanted to see the Bears put themselves in a position to improve today, and I don't believe they did.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prove me wrong that the Bears fans envy the Packers. Why would a Bear fan go to a draft with a shirt like that....more negativity from Bear fans....do what you want and you will still be 2nd , 3rd, 4th best in the nfc north

The draft is in Chicago and a Bear fan wears a shirt with a message about the Packers. Draft what you want, Rodgers will still carve up the defense and Cuntler will still throw int;s
And GB will still be a one man team that will make the playoffs and lose everytime.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving that Landon Collins and Randy Gregory are avalable. I wouldn't mind trading up here at all.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to go BPA, but I wanted to go "defensive BPA"… if that makes sense. I just really don't get this mindset with everyone where they believe in order to win a SB, you have to have all of these mega star skill guys. I also just don't understand why everyone thinks we were lacking receiving targets without BM. A LOT of teams worse off than us in that department, without grabbing White.

Considering who we have a QB still... Yea I get it. I also wanted and still think we would have gone Williams had he fallen 1 more spot. Will be real interesting to see what the Falcon's due with Vic next year. This could come back to haunt us. I get getting rid of an aged, injury (hip), expensive Wr, but there probably would have been decent value at Wr in the second round. This draft was kind of loaded with Wr talent.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess, none graded out close to White. I kept hearing that since those two OLB/DE's messed up with off the field issues & with injuries, there were only 8 decent sure fire picks in this draft. Polian said this as recently as yesterday on the Mike and Mike show. He didn't name them since the consensus came from actual NFL scouts Polian had talked to. Looks like we went with one of the 8. The other I think was Gurley and even he had the knee issue.

I'd bet White graded out highest, too. It's not that I'm upset with the pick, its just the situation that i mentioned with the defense- marginal talent overall with the incumbent players. The switch to a 3-4 has required them to bring in FAs with experience in that alignment. Who fits? Who doesn't? They're starting over on defense. With too many unknown quantities on that side of the ball, I would have been more than okay had they not gone bpa. Again, it's a bit of a unique situation, IMO.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving that Landon Collins and Randy Gregory are avalable. I wouldn't mind trading up here at all.

Collins is interesting if he lasts ...

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course i wanted williams but white is a good football player, hope he jels with the team

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think we all would have been good with Williams, but he didn't make it. Too bad, but what are you going to do?

I would have liked a trade down also. But in this case it wasn't clear a worthy trade down existed.

This strengthens the bears contract extension negotiation with Jeffery. A lot. Considering WR is a costly position, that's s a good thing.

No, it doesn't help the bear defense. The question is, does drafting a potentially elite Wr outweigh that if the team didn't think the available defensive rookies were worth it. I think they've spoken.

I'm hardly an apologist for everything the team does. But in this case, it seems to me that they did the right thing.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all would have been good with Williams, but he didn't make it. Too bad, but what are you going to do?

I would have liked a trade down also. But in this case it wasn't clear a worthy trade down existed.

This strengthens the bears contract extension negotiation with Jeffery. A lot. Considering WR is a costly position, that's s a good thing.

No, it doesn't help the bear defense. The question is, does drafting a potentially elite Wr outweigh that if the team didn't think the available defensive rookies were worth it. I think they've spoken.

I'm hardly an apologist for everything the team does. But in this case, it seems to me that they did the right thing.

I didn't think Williams would get past 5. Considering he was my longshot pick, I got a little excited when it came down to just one pick away. Spilled milk, as they say...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota will be a bust. It's not even worth discussing. I have never been more confident about anything in football watching life. His only shot at even being serviceable is going to Kelly in Philly and running that spread.
Man, when are you going to tell us what franchise you a scout or GM for? With your level of expertise, there is no way you arent running a franchise or something.