• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to part with a concussed Michael Cammelleri...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ville Leino or David Booth. You guys are great salesmen.

trust me ... David Booth with Sidney Crosby could be as good as Rob Brown with Mario Lemieux

same glamorous hair too

8943278.jpg

rob_brown_2.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty sold on Squiddy pre-Glass incident. If he gets healthy, I wouldn't shy away from that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Pens and Oilers are compatible trade partners...I just don't know if I want any of the guys the Pens COULD get from them. Sure, I'd love Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak even...but yeah, they're not trading them for what the Pens are willing to move.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers should move Hemsky to the Pens for one of their young dman prospects - Wait, why am I trying to help out the Oilers (and the Pens for that matter)?

:)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers should move Hemsky to the Pens for one of their young dman prospects - Wait, why am I trying to help out the Oilers (and the Pens for that matter)?

:)

Yeah, I don't want him. Hahah. He'd merely be another Poni type trade. If Shero moves one of the "elite" prospects, it'll be for a controllable forward.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportsnet’s Mark Spector claims word around the league is the Oilers are over-valuing their players. He suggests they shouldn’t expect more than a third-round pick for winger Ales Hemsky. He also believes Sam Gagner could be a tough sell, as he’s considered a small center who struggles with faceoffs. Scouts question if he’s a second- or third-line center, plus his $4.8-million annual cap hit is an issue.

The Ottawa Sun’s Don Brennan believes the Senators have an eye on Hemsky, as he would be a more affordable trade option than Buffalo’s Matt Moulson. One NHL executive claims the asking price for Moulson is a first-round pick (this year or next) and a top young player. Brennan suggests the Sens put together a package offer for David Perron. There’s no indication out of Edmonton Perron is available.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ru...-to-be-traded/

Have been saying that will be the asking price for Moulson all along. A contender will pay that, Sabres are smart.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess half the league isn't willing to trade rosters with the Oilers, eh Kevin?

/Smug, arrogant asshat

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day I read first+elite young NHL ready guy. Which made me laugh. I'd love Moulson, but I really don't want the Pens giving up any more 1sts. Not for rentals.

They will get it, guaranteed. He's a solid 30-goal proven scorer, headed into UFA, he will be a nice rental. Somebody will most likely give a 1st+. Few teams may line up for it, would love to see the Rangers make a move for him. But don't wanna move a roster player, rather a top prospect like Fast/Lindberg/even Kristo.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day I read first+elite young NHL ready guy. Which made me laugh. I'd love Moulson, but I really don't want the Pens giving up any more 1sts. Not for rentals.

Moulson could easily be more than a rental though for a team with cap space. He's only 30 and could be good value for a team, which is why I think he goes for a bit more than a typical rental if the Sabres move him at the deadline.

He had 3 consecutive 30 goal seasons and had a 25+ pace last year (accounting for the shortened season). He's on pace for 28 this year despite having to play for the Isles and Sabres (sad stat: he's only played in 33 of Buffalo's 46 games this year, yet he's still 3rd in goals and 2nd in points and has scored 11.6% of the team's goals).

There is some belief he may not be moved though because he's growing quickly in popularity and respect from his teammates in Buffalo and is from not-far-away Mississauga, ON.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moulson could easily be more than a rental though for a team with cap space. He's only 30 and could be good value for a team, which is why I think he goes for a bit more than a typical rental if the Sabres move him at the deadline.

He had 3 consecutive 30 goal seasons and had a 25+ pace last year (accounting for the shortened season). He's on pace for 28 this year despite having to play for the Isles and Sabres (sad stat: he's only played in 33 of Buffalo's 46 games this year, yet he's still 3rd in goals and 2nd in points and has scored 11.6% of the team's goals).

There is some belief he may not be moved though because he's growing quickly in popularity and respect from his teammates in Buffalo and is from not-far-away Mississauga, ON.

I'd love him as a permanent/future part of the Pens, no doubt. He'd excel in a lot of places, and I think Pittsburgh would be lucky to have him...I just don't think I'd be comfortable making the move w/o the promise of a contract.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty local kid, you can say. He's a very good player, if they want to pay him, he'll stay in Buffalo, but if they want to continue the rebuilding process, they can snatch a first round pick from somebody.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love him as a permanent/future part of the Pens, no doubt. He'd excel in a lot of places, and I think Pittsburgh would be lucky to have him...I just don't think I'd be comfortable making the move w/o the promise of a contract.

The Pens cap situation might be the biggest obstacle to re-signing him. I see no reason he'd not want to play there since they're pretty much guaranteed to be a contender for the remainder of his career and he'd probably get some time on a line with Crosby (especially with Dupuis out).

That said, he's already on a $3.1M cap hit with $3.9M actual salary this year. That may carry a bad team bump since it was signed with the Isles, but you have to assume he would want at least that on a longer-term deal.

They're not up against it so tight that they couldn't make it happen though.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty local kid, you can say. He's a very good player, if they want to pay him, he'll stay in Buffalo, but if they want to continue the rebuilding process, they can snatch a first round pick from somebody.

Yeah, I'd be fine either way. They're in full-on rebuild mode, which is great, but they do need to keep at least a couple experienced pieces around to provide some leadership and direction for the team.

If I had my choice, I'd rather have Moulson as the experienced leadership during the rebuild over Ott, but I think they can get better value for Moulson at the deadline.

If Moulson is looking to cash in though, Buffalo can definitely afford to pay him. Miller is the only big name UFA next year and Tyler Ennis is the biggest (figuratively speaking) of their RFAs. But right now they're only on the hook for $31M next year. Assuming the cap floor goes to approximately $52M (the current projection), they need to take on over $20M in cap hits just to be at the floor next year. And that doesn't even account for a possible standard buyout of Ville Leino which would knock nearly $3M off his cap hit (they get his full $4.5M if they do a compliance buyout) and potentially moving or buying out Stafford and his $4M cap hit.