• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off to the Cooler Confines of Colorado.....7/20-22

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the thin air will awaken our bats.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges was all over the Rangers this morning about how they're using (not using actually) Ryan Rua.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges was all over the Rangers this morning about how they're using (not using actually) Ryan Rua.

Good for him. If all they are going to do is keep swapping out Martin/Choo/Hamilton then send him to AAA and get some playing time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't figured out, it does no good to question, how players are used. At least it never has worked before

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the thin air will awaken our bats.

And theirs too. They had an off day yesterday because of a rainout and do not feel real good about Harrison pitching up there. But when I say something like that it turns out great.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. If all they are going to do is keep swapping out Martin/Choo/Hamilton then send him to AAA and get some playing time.
Until Choo is gone, keep him in AAA and let him earn a slot in ST. I'm guessing JD will find a way to move Choo. If not, Martin is suspect to go if Rua is in our plans.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't at least split in Colorado, then start hanging for sale signs around some necks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't at least split in Colorado, then start hanging for sale signs around some necks.

I used to "frequent" a bar in Memphis named, the Daily Planet. And on the jukebox a picture was taped of an entire family. Picture looked like a 1939, B/W with 20+ members.

Under it was this message, "For Sale....the entire family. Not much too look at, but most are hard working."

This may apply to our Rangers shortly.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to "frequent" a bar in Memphis named, the Daily Planet. And on the jukebox a picture was taped of an entire family. Picture looked like a 1939, B/W with 20+ members.

Under it was this message, "For Sale....the entire family. Not much too look at, but most are hard working."

This may apply to our Rangers shortly.

May have to change it to read "Fire Sale", I am not sure this team can contend going forward as currently constructed. I thought before the season, it might be next year but it's looking pretty dismal at this point.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As Norm was pointing out, last night was his first game in 14 days. Granted, 4 of those days were off due to the AS game.

But he could have gotten 30-40 ABs in the minors during that period of time.

For a guy who truly earned the right to start in ST, still is young, and shows upside, why are they letting him rot?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Norm was pointing out, last night was his first game in 14 days. Granted, 4 of those days were off due to the AS game.

But he could have gotten 30-40 ABs in the minors during that period of time.

For a guy who truly earned the right to start in ST, still is young, and shows upside, why are they letting him rot?

Real good question. If given a chance he has a swing that produces some good power. Plus his versatility is a big plus. We need to send him down and let someone we really are not counting on to sit around and twiddle their thumbs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course most know by now that Spieth missed by 1 shot of tying for the lead. I find that really remarkable to win the first two Majors and finish a stroke out on the 3rd. Thought that last long putt on 18 had a chance.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have to change it to read "Fire Sale", I am not sure this team can contend going forward as currently constructed. I thought before the season, it might be next year but it's looking pretty dismal at this point.

Unless we make some changes in personnel, and have good fortune with injured players returning, I don't see this team being in contention for 2016.

And I hate feeling this way, but I do.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we make some changes in personnel, and have good fortune with injured players returning, I don't see this team being in contention for 2016.

And I hate feeling this way, but I do.

It is really hard to say. So many things can happen between now and then. I am sure changes will be made to our BP. I am not sure if Tolleson is the closer guy long term but maybe Patton is. Much will depend if Yu, Holland and Perez are back in form. I think DeShields and Odor and young keepers. Hamilton can contribute if healthy and of course Fielder. Not sure what to expect from Beltre next year but his time is close but may have a year or two still in him. So additional keys are SS, RF and catcher. Mitch should still be at 1st unless a move is made and open a spot for Gallo. So as you can see, this is wide open still.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really hard to say. So many things can happen between now and then. I am sure changes will be made to our BP. I am not sure if Tolleson is the closer guy long term but maybe Patton is. Much will depend if Yu, Holland and Perez are back in form. I think DeShields and Odor and young keepers. Hamilton can contribute if healthy and of course Fielder. Not sure what to expect from Beltre next year but his time is close but may have a year or two still in him. So additional keys are SS, RF and catcher. Mitch should still be at 1st unless a move is made and open a spot for Gallo. So as you can see, this is wide open still.

One thing for 100% sure we've got to do, and that is, address the left-handed hitting heaviness of our day-to-day line up.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out for Odor, DeShields, and Telis. With the first two, we REALLY need them to progress. And if Telis proves decent with the bat, it'll certainly help our receiving situation, as well as, come at a pretty cheap rate too.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course most know by now that Spieth missed by 1 shot of tying for the lead. I find that really remarkable to win the first two Majors and finish a stroke out on the 3rd. Thought that last long putt on 18 had a chance.

The kid can fucking golfball, that's for sure. I was rooting for him all the way. No shame in his finish, given the pressure and the weather.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And theirs too. They had an off day yesterday because of a rainout and do not feel real good about Harrison pitching up there. But when I say something like that it turns out great.
We got to find out about Harrison the sooner the better. Don't wish for him to be bombed but HE has to determine if he's ready for the majors. I'm afraid due to our latest trajectory we will give him too much rope.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got to find out about Harrison the sooner the better. Don't wish for him to be bombed but HE has to determine if he's ready for the majors. I'm afraid due to our latest trajectory we will give him too much rope.
Feeling much the same. It's a UNT thing

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right in that, WE have to determine if he can fish, or do we have to cut bait.

But the highlighted sentence is key. Let me ask you, what made him think he should be here now? He was average, actually below, in the minors. You saw the last game. What'd he show you/us/them/Rangers?

As much as I like, respect, even admire Matt, WTF are you doing taking up a slot on this 25 man roster?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right in that, WE have to determine if he can fish, or do we have to cut bait.

But the highlighted sentence is key. Let me ask you, what made him think he should be here now? He was average, actually below, in the minors. You saw the last game. What'd he show you/us/them/Rangers?

As much as I like, respect, even admire Matt, WTF are you doing taking up a slot on this 25 man roster?
JD is nothing but loyal. Owed Harrison a few starts, I suppose. That and that damned guaranteed contract. Good chance we will be losing money on Choo and Harrison eventually.