• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off to Cage The Elephant tonight

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albany, NY Palace Theater.

....taking my son and his friends. I'll give a brief review tomorrow.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good band...I like them.
Every time I've seen them in the past was when they were one of the many bands at various music festivals.....but I'm finally going to see them here in SF next month doing their own show.

:thumb:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ayight.

I have their 1st album....lol, but apparently they have 3 or 4 other albums since then, that I have not heard/didn't know they existed.:L

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never even heard the name until recently. I still don't think I've actually heard the band. I'll have to check them out.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific show last night.....I'm just wondering when they're going to play the second set. Cripes.

There were two friggin' warm up bands for a general admission show which meant that we had to go in at least before the second band to get any decent seats. The second band was called Portugal The Man and they weren't bad but they definitely overstayed their welcome and ran well past 9:00 so it was obvious that this wasn't going to be a lengthy Cage show.

The band came on at 9:35. Matt Shultz is one high energy little dude and he has a great voice. He's like a cross between Mick Jagger and Ryan Adams. Just great stuff. At 10:35 they did the first walk off. Like wtf really? When they did come back it was a clusterfuck of holding the mic out for the crowd to sing and then they invited literally everyone up on the stage. Cripes again. After another 15 minutes they were gone and didn't even make it to 11p.m. Pretty much a rip off for an old deadhead like me. Again, that first set was great....they needed to finish the show.

I was surprised that they didn't get jammy or trippy at all. Every song was 3-4 minutes but again, very well played. The venue sound was good...too much crowd with all the clapping along, singing and talking but for such a young crowd, that's to be expected. On the walk out many of them were just beaming that it was the best concert they ever saw...yada yada. Cripes x 3. They played all of their hits of course. A very talented band no doubt. Awesome stage and lights.

We had a great time together though so that was cool. First time my 18yo son and I toked it up and his girlfriend and buddy had a great time so it was worth it but alas, I've seen Cage and outside of a festival set, I probably won't bother to shell out coin again for that level of effort. It was a $250.00+ night for the 4 of us.

4243525c-6271-446c-bd2b-b835fa4b35f2_zpsjof2wp4h.jpg

Last edited:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was going to about a euphemism for sexual activity..."Oohh, Jane and I caged the elephant last night!!! I got a friction burn on my scrote..."

Saw Aerosmith when I was in high school and they stalked off stage after somebody grabbed Tyler's microphone cord and they had a little tug of war over it...that little prissed up ninny ended up throwing the mic down and that was the end of the show. Have not gone to a big venue concert since, and I don't feel like I have missed much.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was going to about a euphemism for sexual activity..."Oohh, Jane and I caged the elephant last night!!! I got a friction burn on my scrote..."

Saw Aerosmith when I was in high school and they stalked off stage after somebody grabbed Tyler's microphone cord and they had a little tug of war over it...that little prissed up ninny ended up throwing the mic down and that was the end of the show. Have not gone to a big venue concert since, and I don't feel like I have missed much.
I saw the same thing at an Aerosmith show. Except someone got ahold of his scarf on the mic stand, and he didn't throw a fit or storm off stage. Just let the bouncers handle it.