• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of insurance and a bit of depth I guess. Really curious to see what the Seahawks do in the draft. While I feel they'll be interested in trading back I'm not sure they can swing a deal that works for them. Sticking and picking means making a hard decision because by the time they draft in round 3 the board starts looking depleted of starting quality . So what will they do with pick 16 ? Stud OL like Fautanu? Stud DT like Murphy or Newton? Maybe Verse or Latu? Penix if he's still on the board? I wish the Seahawks still had their second round pick, it would provide so much more flexibility, options and quality to the draft overall. The fact that there are a half dozen options at pick 16 could mean teams may feel they can hold tight and hope one of them falls to them.

Yah fair. Although Williams was good for us last year (one of the few bright spots on D) but one could argue we could've just snagged him in free agency (although he may have cost more....)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have 18 UFA next year and will have 33 total Free agents in 2025. Wish Diggs and Adams would get signed by someone just so the Hawks could have got more comp picks in 2025.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have 18 UFA next year and will have 33 total Free agents in 2025. Wish Diggs and Adams would get signed by someone just so the Hawks could have got more comp picks in 2025.
I don't think teams get comp picks if they release players who end up signing elsewhere.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think teams get comp picks if they release players who end up signing elsewhere.

Correct. You have to lose a player to free agency when their contract expires. If you outright release a player you don't get a comp pick.

And frankly it would likely not be much anyway... If you are releasing a player outright there's not a great chance someone is going to pay a ton of money for that player - otherwise you could've negotiated a trade, etc. Adams would probably sign for like 1 year $2M if he even wants to play. Same with Diggs. They were two of the worst starting safeties in the league and the market for safeties this year was ABYSMAL (none of them were getting paid much and the ones that did were HORRIBLE signings). I doubt even if we did get a comp pick that Adams/Diggs would get us anything anyway...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i forgot we released them HAHA. I been wanting that worthless piece of trash Adams off the team for so long.