• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Moves Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources say deal is close but not finalized. Could be part of the Dorell Wright to Philly Trade.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a curious move. Jack has a 5.4M contract that would come back to the Warriors. Previous to that the Wright trade made approximately 8M free in cap space. It was assumed Rush would command about 5M of the 8, with 3 being used to seek other vets to fill out back up positions. Now we've added more money than going out and have even less to resign Rush or make attempts to add another low post player. Is the well drying up for Rush in free agency?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get Jack and New Orleans got the EuroUni.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Bye Jarrett Jack Mix - YouTube

I love Jack. I think he's a perfect pg to have Jenkins continue to learn from. They have the same body type, as well as a similar style of play. I do think that Jenkins has more offensive ability though.

I will admit that when Sushi pointed out the potential Rush situation, it made me not love the move anymore. I do have faith in this f/o though, I'm sure we'll get the backup 2 spot situated.

:suspicious:

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good Bye Jarrett Jack Mix - YouTube

I love Jack. I think he's a perfect pg to have Jenkins continue to learn from. They have the same body type, as well as a similar style of play. I do think that Jenkins has more offensive ability though.

I will admit that when Sushi pointed out the potential Rush situation, it made me not love the move anymore. I do have faith in this f/o though, I'm sure we'll get the backup 2 spot situated.

:suspicious:

Agreed with that last part. Plus, I'd rather have Jack/McGuire, than Rush/unknown...

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's what I believe to be true:

2012-13 salaries (in millions)

Andrew Bogut - $13.15
_avi_ Lee - $12.74
Richard Jefferson - $10.16
Andries Biedrins - $9.0
Jarrett Jack - $5.58
Steph Curry - $3.95
Klay Thompson - $2.28
Jeremy Tyler - $0.78
Charles Jenkins - $0.78

Add those nine salaries and you get $58.42 mil.

- Assume a first-year salary for Harrison Barnes close to $3 mil and you have $61.5 million (from here on out, all salaries are approximate).

Green will likely get the NBA min of $786K, taking the team salary up to $62.3 mil. The Euro drafted this year is a stash, so no salary for him.

Golden State will add one or two more names to the roster, so let's add another $1.5 mil to the payroll. That makes the team payroll total $63.8 mil for 13 players.

The luxury tax is $70.3 mil, so the Warriors will have the full MLE to use to keep Rush. I don't see any team offering him te full MLE, so by my calculations, he will be a Warrior this season. I don't see the team carrying the full 15 on the roster. I think they'll leave one spot open in case of emergency.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I believe to be true:

2012-13 salaries (in millions)

Andrew Bogut - $13.15
_avi_ Lee - $12.74
Richard Jefferson - $10.16
Andries Biedrins - $9.0
Jarrett Jack - $5.58
Steph Curry - $3.95
Klay Thompson - $2.28
Jeremy Tyler - $0.78
Charles Jenkins - $0.78

Add those nine salaries and you get $58.42 mil.

- Assume a first-year salary for Harrison Barnes close to $3 mil and you have $61.5 million (from here on out, all salaries are approximate).

Green will likely get the NBA min of $786K, taking the team salary up to $62.3 mil. The Euro drafted this year is a stash, so no salary for him.

Golden State will add one or two more names to the roster, so let's add another $1.5 mil to the payroll. That makes the team payroll total $63.8 mil for 13 players.

The luxury tax is $70.3 mil, so the Warriors will have the full MLE to use to keep Rush. I don't see any team offering him te full MLE, so by my calculations, he will be a Warrior this season. I don't see the team carrying the full 15 on the roster. I think they'll leave one spot open in case of emergency.

Don't forget that we signed Festus too. Not a huge deal, just don't forget to add his guaranteed 1 st round contract.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget that we signed Festus too. Not a huge deal, just don't forget to add his guaranteed 1 st round contract.

You're right. Add another mil and push the total payroll to something near $65 mil. That still leaves something near $5 mil for Rush. The Warriors could also forego one of the two "filler" salaries and keep the team player total at 13. That would give them an extra $750k for Rush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are trying to do a sign and trade for Jamison.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my calculations are correct the Ws should still have about 3 to 4 million to spend if they don't overpay for Rush and keep the annual salary of his next contract below the level of his qualifying offer.

I can't imagine Rush generating much, if any, interest from other teams so they should be able to keep him for $3 million per year or less (if Rush wants the security of a multi-year deal).

Personally, I think the Ws should offer him $2 million and no raises on a long term deal. Or they can let him play for the qualifying offer and see if he can repeat his performance from last season in games that are likely to be more competitive than the meaningless games we saw last season.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If my calculations are correct the Ws should still have about 3 to 4 million to spend if they don't overpay for Rush and keep the annual salary of his next contract below the level of his qualifying offer.

I can't imagine Rush generating much, if any, interest from other teams so they should be able to keep him for $3 million per year or less (if Rush wants the security of a multi-year deal).

Personally, I think the Ws should offer him $2 million and no raises on a long term deal. Or they can let him play for the qualifying offer and see if he can repeat his performance from last season in games that are likely to be more competitive than the meaningless games we saw last season.

His qualifying offer is for slightly more than $4 mil. He could accept that and then hit free agency next year looking for a higher annual salary. If Golden State wants to lock him up long-term, they will have to offer him at least that much per season. $12 mil for 3 years sounds about right.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All - I re-named the Jarrett Jack thread and made it sticky so we could put all our thoughts about off-season moves into one thread.