• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds we trade the #29 Pick

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone comes along and offers a 2,3,4,and 7th round set of picks like last year I cannot see BB turning away from that. This is a deep draft again.

Those picks turned into Collins, Ryan, Boyce and Blount on a trade.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate trading down so i hope not. the scary part about trading down is if you miss on the draft and get scrubs the whole draft sucks and you get no studs. if you stay put or trade up at least you get a stud or two. we dont got picks to trade up really, mallett is our only chip. id rather stay put and trade mallett for a high pick, if bb trades down he better find gems!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate trading down so i hope not. the scary part about trading down is if you miss on the draft and get scrubs the whole draft sucks and you get no studs. if you stay put or trade up at least you get a stud or two. we dont got picks to trade up really, mallett is our only chip. id rather stay put and trade mallett for a high pick, if bb trades down he better find gems!

I'm with you.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we pass at 29. There will be some serious talent there when we pick. If we do, we better get a very early 2nd rd pick...and I mean top 2 picks in 2nd.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're overrating the difference between a late 1st and a mid to high 2nd round pick. 1st round draft picks are NOT automatic studs. They're incrementally more likely to be star players, but the difference isn't that great. Plenty of late 1st round picks bust out and plenty of mid-high 2nd round picks turn into stars.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're overrating the difference between a late 1st and a mid to high 2nd round pick. 1st round draft picks are NOT automatic studs. They're incrementally more likely to be star players, but the difference isn't that great. Plenty of late 1st round picks bust out and plenty of mid-high 2nd round picks turn into stars.

Plus throw in this draft has the most underclassman commitments that they have ever had for the Draft. That usually means this draft will be very deep and what would have been 2nd round talent in the 2nd round becomes late 1st round talent compared to most drafts. Plus throw in if you can pick up a few extra draft picks to add depth then it really isn't a bad idea in this draft.

Now given that also could mean that mid-1st round talent will slip to the end of the 1st compared to most years so it is just a matter of is your team just a couple of players away or does your team need some good depth at this point? Really the whole draft is such a crap shoot I don't know how wrong you can go either way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between 1 and 10 is bigger than 29 to 49.

The draft is top heavy and you aren't going to have any sure studs at 29.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see BB doing this. After pick 20 or so the talent differences are not that significant so you can get more picks and quality picks at that