• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NY Mets @ AZ D-Backs...(6/4-7)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a split in this one as a best case scenario.....

NEW YORK METS (29-25, second place/NL East) at ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS (25-27, fourth place/NL West)

Thursday: RHP Matt Harvey (5-3, 3.11) vs. RHP Jeremy Hellickson (3-3, 5.08), 9:40 p.m. ET

Friday: LHP Jonathon Niese (3-5, 4.42) vs. RHP Chase Anderson (1-1, 3.26), 9:40 p.m. ET

Saturday: RHP Bartolo Colon (8-3, 4.72) vs. RHP Archie Bradley (2-3, 5.80), 10:10 p.m. ET

Sunday: RHP Jacob deGrom (6-4, 2.41) vs. RHP Josh Collmenter (3-5, 5.03), 4:10 p.m. ET

Series preview: New York Mets at Arizona Diamondbacks - Mets Blog - ESPN

Morning Briefing: Harvey Day, desert edition - Mets Blog - ESPN

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX -- Here are the lineups for Thursday's 9:40 p.m. ET series opener between the New York Mets and the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field.

Daniel Murphy moves to third base, which the Mets had resisted unless David Wright would have a prolonged absence.

Ruben Tejada, 13-for-his-last-26, ascends to the leadoff spot -- at least with the Mets facing a left-handed pitcher on Thursday and Curtis Granderson sitting.

Michael Cuddyer returns to the lineup after missing one game because of a stiff neck.

Robbie Ray has been promoted from Triple-A Reno to start for the D-backs. Right-hander Archie Bradley, originally scheduled to start Saturday, has been placed on the disabled list. Jeremy Hellickson now starts Friday, followed byChase Anderson on Saturday and Josh Collmenter on Sunday.

Matt Harvey returns to the scene of his major league debut. Harvey tossed 5 1/3 scoreless innings, struck out 11 and produced two hits at the plate on July 26, 2012.

i

Tejada, 2B

Murphy, 3B

Cuddyer, LF

Lucas Duda, 1B

Wilmer Flores, SS

John Mayberry Jr., RF

Juan Lagares, CF

Kevin Plawecki, C

Harvey, RHP

upload_2015-6-4_17-37-26.png

Ender Inciarte, RF

A.J. Pollock, CF

Paul Goldschmidt, 1B

Yasmany Tomas, 3B

David Peralta, LF

Chris Owings, 2B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C

Nick Ahmed, SS

Ray, LHP

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.....they aren't gonna give Harvey any run support in this one apparently...at least not yet.
They had 2nd & 3rd w/ no outs in the 1st....but Cuddy & Duda K'd...and Flores grounded out...

Just fuckin' terrific.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I wouldn't be too worried. Dbacks can score some runs but our pitching is pathetic.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top of the 2nd.....mets had 1st & 3rd w/ no outs.....and come up short again....WTF!!!

I've seen this movie before.....fuck this noise.

Thank goodness the NBA finals is on tonight.

Halftime score --- Cavs 51- Warriors 48

Go Dubs!!!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX -- Daniel Murphy's shift to third base for the New York Mets did not last long. After grounding out in the top of the third inning on Thursday at Chase Field, Murphy departed with what was announced as left quadriceps tightness.

Eric Campbell replaced Murphy at third base.

Murphy had just switched to the hot corner for Thursday's series opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks, with Ruben Tejada moving to second base.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes!!!!
Mets win 6-2...and the Nats lost 2-1.
Mets move back into 1st by 1/2 game.

I'm somewhat amazed we won the game tonight, and Harvey finally notched another win.

Plawecki, Mayberry Jr, & Grandy (in a PHing role) came up big.

Rapid Reaction: New York Mets 6, Arizona Diamondbacks 2 - Mets Blog - ESPN

* in an unrelated side note..The Warriors beat the Cavaliers in an OT thriller...108-100.

:suds:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you we can't pitch.

I don't know about that....for a while there in the early going it looked like we couldn't hit...but as they say...better late than never.

Also...I'm glad Mark Trumbo got traded just before this series...he always seemed to hit Mets' pitching very well in the past...even when he was an Angel.

*and like I said in my 1st post ....I'm looking at a split in this series as a best case scenario for the Mets.
We've been playing piss poor baseball on the road for the last month or so.....ughh.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX --(6/5)

FIRST PITCH: The New York Mets have been patient with Jonathon Niese, but the southpaw undoubtedly is testing it.

Niese has allowed 23 runs (20 earned) in 20 innings spanning his past four starts. He looks to get back on track Friday against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field.

Niese (3-5, 4.42 ERA) opposes right-hander Jeremy Hellickson (3-3, 5.08) at 9:40 p.m. ET.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PHOENIX -- Trying to put pieces in place as they gather information aboutDaniel Murphy's left quadriceps muscle, the New York Mets are flying infieldersDanny Muno and Wilfredo Tovar to Phoenix.

Muno can only be promoted if the Mets place Murphy on the disabled list. Otherwise, he has not spent the requisite 10 days in the minors since being optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas on Wednesday.

Murphy was due to undergo an MRI on Friday morning. He pulled himself from Thursday's game in the third inning after feeling what he described as tightness while running out a ground ball.

• PHOENIX -- The $1.45 million investment the New York Mets made in John Mayberry Jr. back in November had not been looking so hot.

Mayberry entered Thursday’s series opener against the Arizona Diamondbackshitting .137 on the season.

So when Mayberry delivered a 4-for-5 night that included two doubles and a homer in a 6-2 series-opening win, there was relief all around. The four hits were a career high for Mayberry, who ended up in the lineup when the D-backs switched midday to left-handed call-up Robbie Ray as the starting pitcher.

Mayberry had only seven hits all season before Thursday's outburst.

“We needed a big night like that from John, and so did John,” manager Terry Collins said. “He came here and it’s been tough to get him in the lineup. We haven’t hardly faced any lefties all year. But we know he can do damage.”

Mayberry became the first Met since Carlos Beltran on July 2, 2006 against the Yankees to have two doubles and a homer in a game, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

“I’ve started to feel better as of late,” Mayberry said. “It’s just a matter of keeping my rhythm and timing game-ready. And when I do that, I feel like I can put together consistent at-bats.”

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High praise....
  • Triple-A pitching coach Frank Viola compares Steven Matz favorably to Randy Johnson. “It took Randy years to command the strike zone with that fastball,” Viola tells Tim Rohan in the Times. “Yes, he had a great slider. But it took him years to be able to do what Steven’s doing now.” The Mets have no immediate plans to promote Matz, despite a Pacific Coast League-leading 1.98 ERA entering Friday’s start with Las Vegas.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely need Niese or Gee to start putting it together if we have any hopes of moving either of them. Nobody is giving anything worthwhile for Niese if he keeps pitching the way he has. Everything I hear is that there is no way he goes to the bullpen. I understand from a "trying to increase his trade value" standpoint not doing that but if we're not moving him couldn't he be productive in the pen? Seems it would be much easier for him to go all out for an inning or 2 than going out there and getting smacked around over 5 innings.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely need Niese or Gee to start putting it together if we have any hopes of moving either of them. Nobody is giving anything worthwhile for Niese if he keeps pitching the way he has. Everything I hear is that there is no way he goes to the bullpen. I understand from a "trying to increase his trade value" standpoint not doing that but if we're not moving him couldn't he be productive in the pen? Seems it would be much easier for him to go all out for an inning or 2 than going out there and getting smacked around over 5 innings.

:agree:

there's a certain amount of unnecessary loyalty in baseball that needs to be scrapped in favor of pragmatism so both parties (team & player) benefit. And if his selfish ego gets in the way...then he needs to GTFO...and they have to bite the bullet and turn the page.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:
A day after Mayberry jr. had a career best night at the plate..our knucklehead mgr has him out of the lineup, sitting on the bench, after he said he was finding his stroke and getting into a good rhythm.:L

Un fucking believable

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX -- Here are the lineups for Friday's 9:40 p.m. ET game between theNew York Mets and the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field.

Jonathon Niese has allowed 23 runs (20 earned) in 20 innings in his past four starts.

Welington Castillo, acquired from the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday, makes his D-backs debut. Yasmany Tomas, a natural outfielder who had been manning third base, makes his first right-field start with the club.

i

Curtis Granderson, RF

Ruben Tejada, 2B

Lucas Duda, 1B

Michael Cuddyer, LF

Wilmer Flores, SS

Juan Lagares, CF

Eric Campbell, 3B

Anthony Recker, C

Niese, LHP

Diamondbacks

Ender Inciarte, LF

A.J. Pollock, CF

Paul Goldschmidt, 1B

Tomas, RF

Aaron Hill, 3B

Chris Owings, 2B

Castillo, C

Nick Ahmed, SS

Jeremy Hellickson, RHP

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you think Sandy has been asleep at the wheel lately??

There have been some good bats available recently that have wound up on other teams for essentially nothing or very little in return.