• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number 4 wins title!

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i DEFINITELY don't want some shitty 4-loss division winner to "get hot," win their CCG, and win the "end of year tourney."

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say it because I say exactly what I mean... I don't want a two-loss team to "get hot" and win the end of season tourney and be crowned champ for the season... it belittles the accomplishments of the whole season.

Same things that other people said about weak or out of conference losses. The best team through the year deserves to win! That includes playoffs. You old schoolers cannot win, I am sorry. Best team deserves to win.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.. it shows that SEC teams were granted easy passes to the NCG and mostly played patsies... ChokeHio State twice, Chokelahoma twice, Notre Lame that in no way deserved to be there... an intra-SEC final... and Texas with Gilbert Grape who still had the ball with three minutes down by only three.

The Auburn-Oregon win was legit, though.

It really didn't show anything like that. If anything, it showed that Oregon and Florida State weren't who they said they were.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, BEST team.. not HOTTEST AT END OF YEAR.

I'm sorry you can't think precisely, young'n. Might I suggest an intro to logic class at the U of Minn.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say it because I say exactly what I mean... I don't want a two-loss team to "get hot" and win the end of season tourney and be crowned champ for the season... it belittles the accomplishments of the whole season.

Come on man! You gave ohio state no hope in hell (like me). Like me it opened your eyes that college football needs a playoff. The best team deserves to win. And we can keep the season intact (as long as espn dont play SEC SEC card). But come on lets dawn a new era!

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, BEST team.. not HOTTEST AT END OF YEAR.

I'm sorry you can't think precisely, young'n. Might I suggest an intro to logic class at the U of Minn.

Play young'in card all you want it dont help your position. Look at the facts and logic.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play young'in card all you want it dont help your position. Look at the facts and logic.
I played the "youngn" card because you brought up my age first, dunce.

And don't lecture me on logic... I've dunced pretty much most every poster here on logic from time to time.

Now, let's get back to the issue:

I don't want auto-bids in a CCG culture: i don't want a 4-loss team to "get hot" and win their CCG and get in the CFP.

I also do not want a team to lose two games and then threaten the season of an undefeated team because "they got hot" at the end of the season.

This isn't baseball where they play a series of games at each turn... this isn't basketball where there are 100+ scoring opportunities per game and therefore the "better" team can be expected to definitely win each game over the course of that 100+ scoring opportunities.

This is football... one game at every turn... and a small number of scoring opportunities.. add to that the toll that the chance of injuries play with every extra game... and it is VERY LOGICAL to keep the playoff small and only give teams that definitely have proven they should be there a chance to win it all.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really didn't show anything like that. If anything, it showed that Oregon and Florida State weren't who they said they were.

I think it's more than obvious that under the BCS, we would've seen a FSU-Bama title game. Oregon and Ohio State would've been playing for the Rose Bowl.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And don't lecture me on logic... I've dunced pretty much most every poster here on logic from time to time.

I don't want auto-bids in a CCG culture: i don't want a 4-loss team to "get hot" and win their CCG and get in the CFP.

I also do not want a team to lose two games and then threaten the season of an undefeated team because "they got hot" at the end of the season.

This isn't baseball where they play a series of games at each turn... this isn't basketball where there are 100+ scoring opportunities per game and therefore the "better" team can be expected to definitely win each game over the course of that 100+ scoring opportunities.

This is football... one game at every turn... and a small number of scoring opportunities.. add to that the toll that the chance of injuries play with every extra game... and it is VERY LOGICAL to keep the playoff small and only give teams that definitely have proven they should be there a chance to win it all.

You're not really arguing logic. You're arguing preference.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt say "old school" cause of age just cause of position. I made no personal references check if you want and if I am wrong I apologize.

Regarding our diferences, come on! You compare an 8 team playoff to baseball! Do you watch both sports! Unless your talking major leagues, which is even less of a fair comparison! Like come on.

YES! This is football! A battle! MAN TO MAN! Let the best team win! The better team should win in a 4 team playoff (which has been shown) and even moreso, in a 8 team playoff. Don't play this hot team stuff, THE BEST TEAM SHOULD WIN MAN TO MAN! you say "This is football... one game at every turn... and a small number of scoring opportunities.. add to that the toll that the chance of injuries play with every extra game.." THAT'S why we need more team's to play and compete!

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not really arguing logic. You're arguing preference.

i could just straight argue preference... but I'm not JUST doing that... IF one wants to crown a "SEASON" champ, then there is a logic based on how football is played that suggests strongly that a smaller, more exclusive playoff is called for.

I give the true premises and what I believe is the logical conclusion that follows.

now, IF one just wants to see lots of awesome games at the end of the season amongst good teams, then, yes, THAT is a preference... but no one has admitted to PREFERING that.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny a canadian is standing for free and equal standing and southern americans are saying they dont think its fair. Irony...

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny a canadian is standing for free and equal standing and southern americans are saying they dont think its fair. Irony...

I should be fair ONE southern american. In this thread.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say "old school" cause of age just cause of position. I made no personal references check if you want and if I am wrong I apologize.

Regarding our diferences, come on! You compare an 8 team playoff to baseball! Do you watch both sports! Unless your talking major leagues, which is even less of a fair comparison! Like come on.

YES! This is football! A battle! MAN TO MAN! Let the best team win! The better team should win in a 4 team playoff (which has been shown) and even moreso, in a 8 team playoff. Don't play this hot team stuff, THE BEST TEAM SHOULD WIN MAN TO MAN! you say "This is football... one game at every turn... and a small number of scoring opportunities.. add to that the toll that the chance of injuries play with every extra game.." THAT'S why we need more team's to play and compete!

1. I GUARANTEE I have watched more baseball than you ever have.
2. "Cmon, man" is not an argument.
3. And no... with the way football is played: small amount of scoring opportunities and big chance for injuries... it is not at all a guarantee "the best team" will come out on top after all the games are played.
4. i'm not a "southern american." I'm from Texas. Yee fuckin' haw.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could just straight argue preference... but I'm not JUST doing that... IF one wants to crown a "SEASON" champ, then there is a logic based on how football is played that suggests strongly that a smaller, more exclusive playoff is called for.

I give the true premises and what I believe is the logical conclusion that follows.

now, IF one just wants to see lots of awesome games at the end of the season amongst good teams, then, yes, THAT is a preference... but no one has admitted to PREFERING that.

I would like a system where each FBS team, all 128 of them, has an actual shot (no matter how small) at winning the championship. Four team playoff is a good start, but it's still too much of a beauty contest in deciding who gets the four spots. I don't know if I want to see more than an eight team playoff, so for now, in my idealistic dreamland scenario, there would be 8 super conferences of 16 teams each. The winner of each conference gets a spot in the 8 team playoff.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, Canuck, do you think my system is fair?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like a system where each FBS team, all 128 of them, has an actual shot (no matter how small) at winning the championship..

We have that system... always have, in fact.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to have 16 8-team conferences.
Round robins and cool OOC games.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I GUARANTEE I have watched more baseball than you ever have.
2. "Cmon, man" is not an argument.
3. And no... with the way football is played: small amount of scoring opportunities and big chance for injuries... it is not at all a guarantee "the best team" will come out on top after all the games are played.
4. i'm not a "southern american." I'm from Texas. Yee fuckin' haw.

-Maybe, but i'm a die hard jays fan (also GO CANES in baseball try watch as many of their games as I can) but maybe your older then me and that carries you through, I won't dispute that fact.

-If you present no counter point, yes it can be an argument.

-So what do you want? What you say can affect any sport anytime! So you want 4 team 1 game playoff for all sports? Football is a game of depth (more so even then other sports)! Depth comes into play. All the more reason for 8 teams. And its ONE extra game. ONE!

-Well maybe its the Canadian but we consider texas the south. Its nothing personal or derogatory. Just geography and history.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I not present a counter argument? I'M the one that brought up baseball and basketball and gave concrete examples on how they were different... I* did that... So, how in the world did I not present an argument when i'm the one who brought it up and gave the examples??