• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now if we can fix QB1

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As things stand today..does Crest get a shot at starting for this team?

Trickett-who is out until camp- pick up the offense enough this offseason to lead this team? Once we get by that does he even have the physical tools?

Does Millard do enough to get a real shot? Does his footwork improve under the coaching? Can we turn the fact he knows the offense very well into a player who can run it?

Skyler Howard-the good....he has been here but a short while and we are not reading that his troubles are because of size. The bad...no experience and so far in live action (10 practices) not showing a instant impact. We hear he is a very hard worker, does he have enough time to learn the offense and run it to start game 1?

:noidea:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know… it is hard for me to evaluate Trickett after knowing he played all of last year injured. I don't know enough about a torn labrum, but I remember being at the Okie St game and watching the kid come off the field with his right arm hanging… thinking he was done… only to see him return.

I am concerned about his physical size though… he got knocked out of the Texas game, and he had poor ball security at times. He and Millard both fumbled it during sacks a bit too much.

If I hadn't seen a true freshman take control of the TT offense last year, I would say no way Crest has a shot. But, it wasn't just any freshman… it was a walk-on.

So… I will never say never…

I think it is Trickett's job to lose…

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of our stud RBs have any QB experience?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skyler Howard-the good....he has been here but a short while and we are not reading that his troubles are because of size. The bad...no experience and so far in live action (10 practices) not showing a instant impact. We hear he is a very hard worker, does he have enough time to learn the offense and run it to start game 1?

:noidea:

By the end of fall camp, imo we will see Howard as the starter. I think improved defense is to blame for a lot of his struggles this spring, well that and he hasn't been here that long and I think his upside is higher than Millard or Trickett.
He will prob redshirt but I wouldn't be shocked to see Crest lock down the #2 spot this year if given the chance.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the defense improve enough this year to overcome bad QB play?

Basically the QB's combined for what most would think a frosh could produce these days(excluding superhuman frosh) 16 TD's 16 ints 3145 yards...262 game. 34th ranked passing offense in the country.

Personally I do not think Trickett has what it takes to run this team or offense, bad part I do not know where that leadership and ability to run the whole thing is going to come from. I do not remember the last time I saw a QB and coach have this much trouble communicating.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Trickett a chance. He was the best of the bunch last with a bad shoulder and not enough knowledge of the offense to be able to run it properly. With another year under his belt and a repaired shoulder, he could do quite well.

Millard was healthy and knew the signals, but still could not produce in this offense. Skylar has not been able to beat out Millard and Crest will be raw. I see Trickett starting and doing well, but I don't believe he will last the season.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Trickett a chance. He was the best of the bunch last with a bad shoulder and not enough knowledge of the offense to be able to run it properly. With another year under his belt and a repaired shoulder, he could do quite well.

Millard was healthy and knew the signals, but still could not produce in this offense. Skylar has not been able to beat out Millard and Crest will be raw. I see Trickett starting and doing well, but I don't believe he will last the season.

Well production wise(stats) they were about as equal as they come, the thing I do not like about Trickett is I do not think he is going to do enough work off the field. Still understanding the calls as bad as he did game 8 or so shows me someone not putting in the time to learn them. I guess I am not rooting for one person just that one of the options steps up and takes control of the team.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well production wise(stats) they were about as equal as they come, the thing I do not like about Trickett is I do not think he is going to do enough work off the field. Still understanding the calls as bad as he did game 8 or so shows me someone not putting in the time to learn them. I guess I am not rooting for one person just that one of the options steps up and takes control of the team.

Is the work more of your perception or based on stories or fact? Remember, it took Geno a full season to get it right and he played almost every snap during the season. I think we will see a different Trickett this year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the work more of your perception or based on stories or fact? Remember, it took Geno a full season to get it right and he played almost every snap during the season. I think we will see a different Trickett this year.

A little of both. The fact was in his play.

What are you basing it took Geno a full season to get it right?
1st season...4385 yards 31 TDs 7 ints.....one less pick than Trickett had even though Trickett played 5 less games....

I hope you are right for any QB that may end up back there.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can the staff officially start working with Crest? June? I know on twitter a lot of them were saying they would be leaving home around then, guessing they are heading to Motown.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can the staff officially start working with Crest? June? I know on twitter a lot of them were saying they would be leaving home around then, guessing they are heading to Motown.

He was in town for the spring game but I believe you are correct about the June timeline.
I was just talking with a friend today about Charles Sims and the draft and realized that this time last year Sims was NOT a Mountaineer yet. These next few weeks could change everything as far as position concerns.