• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nova game

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auugghhh, we gave that game away, sure they started on a tear with lights out 3 point shooting, but we did not get physical enough and they got helped with 2 phantom fouls on White and McCabe and even Gesell, same call on the other end is a charge...however, can't blame officiating that much, Marbles airball 3 near the end and bad pass to Uthoff didn't help and certainly Uthoff not blocking out there, ugh...all in all, we should not have had that close of a game.

Still 7-1 at this point with games vs Iowa State and I think it is Notre Dame coming up, going to be a fun December

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the officiating was pretty frustrating all tournament imo.. that said free throws down the stretch hurt a lot in the nova game

it really didn't help though that two of Iowa's best shooters went out of the game on pretty bs calls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bs calls, officiating was pathetic! But, Iowa was not going to go undefeated and sometimes a loss can help a team in the long run. Iowa has two tough games against ND and ISU coming up, must wins.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bs calls, officiating was pathetic! But, Iowa was not going to go undefeated and sometimes a loss can help a team in the long run. Iowa has two tough games against ND and ISU coming up, must wins.

I agree with this. Hopefully it's also the last time for a while I have to listen to the Hawkeye Radio Network!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once 'Nova went physical against Iowa in the second half...the refs stopped making calls against 'Nova and turned making calls against Iowa. Iowa looked a little tired in the second half when Nova made their run. I thought the killer play was when Clemmons had the turnover 5 rows up in the stands. Iowa was up 3 at that point, had the momentum, and never got a look at the basket.

Iowa should have won this game. Funny how Iowa gets to the free throw line a lot...and the refs kept Iowa off of the line last night.

Bring on the Irish.