• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame to vacate 21 wins from 2012 and 2013 seasons

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh excuse me. It was powerhouse UL-Monroe.

It was FCS powerhouse Del. St. that many believed didn't even have enough scholarships for it to be eligible. If you think any of this refutes my point. I can’t help you.

ND has never scheduled an FCS opponent. If your team still does (like FSU) you don’t get to make fun of our schedule.

Of course I do. I don't care what many thought, the fact is Del St did have enough.
ULM was a scheduled game relocated on the schedule because of a Hurricane.

I make fun of Notre Dame more than I make fun of their schedule. We own your
ass.

The ND schedule. Grantland Rice was a genius. He penned the famous "Four Horsemen
of Notre Dame" after your third game of the 1924 season vs Army. Now that backfield
had been together for 3 years, thus he probably had the name in mind for some time.

He was a genius because he waited until that third game to write his immortal words.
He knew it wouldn't have staying power/appeal if he wrote those words after your
first two games...vs Wabash and vs Lombard.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True there is no consistency. But the member schools dictate the NCAA’s authority and they have somewhat tied their hands as far as investigations go.

As I recall a lot of the problems with Miami were that the evidence to show the wrongdoing couldn’t be obtained directly by the NCAA and was given to them indirectly and improperly from civil proceedings against Shapiro.

They investigated the Reggie bush thing for four years. One player and no one from the school involved.With about 75 players and a known booster who in court under oath stated he gave all these players gifts and there were photos of the players with jewelry and money in clubs and on boats with the booster the investigation at Miami lasted 2 1/2 years.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous that UNC gets off scott free for multi-year academic fraud committed by actual members of its faculty (that were not self-disclosed) & ND gets wins vacated for self-reporting something that was committed by a non-employee.

Let's get consistent!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do. I don't care what many thought, the fact is Del St did have enough.
ULM was a scheduled game relocated on the schedule because of a Hurricane.

I make fun of Notre Dame more than I make fun of their schedule. We own your
ass.

The ND schedule. Grantland Rice was a genius. He penned the famous "Four Horsemen
of Notre Dame" after your third game of the 1924 season vs Army. Now that backfield
had been together for 3 years, thus he probably had the name in mind for some time.

He was a genius because he waited until that third game to write his immortal words.
He knew it wouldn't have staying power/appeal if he wrote those words after your
first two games...vs Wabash and vs Lombard.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Well congrats on barely being bowl eligible. Quite the accomplishment.

You understand Army was a powerhouse back then right.

In fact they were while Fla.State was still a woman’s school.

Plus it’s funny that you’re carrying on so much about the 1920’s. I’m not the one basking in past glories.

Final Sagrin schedule rankings this year. ND 10 (10-3) FSU 28 (7-6).

Keep showing your ass on this thread.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're #1, We're #1!! :first:

(I know it's pretty irrelevant, but it's all I got right now!)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're #1, We're #1!! :first:

(I know it's pretty irrelevant, but it's all I got right now!)
I still think it's a powerful tool to use in recruiting. Obviously we have to win more games, but it's a catch phrase that has been used pretty well in the past. Prior to losing the % to ND a few years ago, it was announced all the time in the stadium that Michigan was the "Winningest program in history", which was recently replaced with "Most wins in football history".

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's a powerful tool to use in recruiting. Obviously we have to win more games, but it's a catch phrase that has been used pretty well in the past.

It definitely helps, but I wouldn't call it "powerful". IMO, 80% of recruiting power is "what have you done lately?", and the other 20% is a mix of history and who the coach is (Harbaugh's name gave Michigan a recruiting boost initially).

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not. Academics is outside of the NCAA reach, amirite UNC fans?

I agree ... if it is not football and it's not impactful ... victories should not be vacated.

I think Michigan fans are the only ones that care about stupid shit like that. Taking away 21 wins with nothing of substance doesn't really matter.

Nope, I don't want shit handed to me or my University of Michigan ... we need to win or STFU

Yes that is very important. Two programs of yesteryear trying to keep relevant with obscure stats.

Everything is history ... are we to just forget about our histories to make you happy?

Note: If Norte Dame is going to vacate a game, why not make it the Notre Dame/Michigan game 2014 (I wanna forget that one).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly, this means that ND drops below Michigan in terms of all time winning percentage. It was Mich at .729 and ND was at .730. ND now sits at .727. For years it was kind of bouncing back and fourth, especially when the two played each other, but now they'll need some significant work to pass Michigan again.

Hahaha. How pathetic is this?

"My team's a pile of shit and we've got a worthless ass clown for a HC, but now that ND's vacating wins, we're still the winningest program based on what took place in 1903."

lolz

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"My team's a pile of shit and we've got a worthless ass clown for a HC, but now that ND's vacating wins, we're still the winningest program based on what took place in 1903."

lolz
Any conversations surrounding football played basically before 1930 is pathetic.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lolz
0a11c815c93ae83eb597.gif

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lolz

Funny is that when you think history started ... from your own library:

OSU vs UM | 1902 UM 86 - OSU 0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any conversations surrounding football played basically before 1930 is pathetic.

1931's game of the year, 6-1 Southern Cal at 6-0-1 Notre Dame. Notre Dame had not lost in 26 games, and they carried a 14-0 lead into the 4th quarter. But USC came roaring all the way back, kicking a 33 yard field goal with a minute left for a monumental 16-14 victory. After that USC won out, beating 5-3-1 Washington 44-7, 9-2 Georgia 60-0, and 11-1 Tulane 21-12 in the Rose Bowl. They would certainly have finished ranked #1 in an AP poll had there been one in 1931.