• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not good...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska is playing Buffalo in 2021 which is comparable to playing Pacific which Nebraska played in 1994 and 1995. The week after both of those Pacific matchups, Nebraska wasn't very sharp at all...

Huskers to Face Buffalo in 2021 Season

This may be a case of no teams being available, in that case it may be slightly better than no matchup at all.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised we couldn't find a slightly better team 5 years out. however Buffalo isn't a horrible team. they were 5-7 last year. had a lot of close losses too. only lost @ Penn State by 13. probably not any worse than trying to go out and convince the worst team in the PAC or BIG to come to town, although having Kansas or Colorado certainly would have been more fun.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you guys suggest we play instead? Other nonconference opponents that year are Northern Illinois and Oklahoma. That's a pretty solid set, one bad team, one okay team, and one good P5 team.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After those two Pacific match ups our guys were quite tired from ringing up 70pts per, I hope we can fall back on our S&C training to get us by

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After those two Pacific match ups our guys were quite tired from ringing up 70pts per, I hope we can fall back on our S&C training to get us by

It shouldn't take a genius to see that Pacific didn't tire Nebraska out, but by playing the level of talent and ability that they posed, Nebraska not only wasn't ready to play much more talented teams the following weeks, but by not having to give maximum effort to beat Pacific, Nebraska's lackadaisical effort carried over Against Wyoming in 1994 and WSU in 1995. Nebraska normally would have clobbered Wyoming and WSU. Hopefully I gave you a lesson here!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't take a genius to see that Pacific didn't tire Nebraska out, but by playing the level of talent and ability that they posed, Nebraska not only wasn't ready to play much more talented teams the following weeks, but by not having to give maximum effort to beat Pacific, Nebraska's lackadaisical effort carried over Against Wyoming in 1994 and WSU in 1995. Nebraska normally would have clobbered Wyoming and WSU. Hopefully I gave you a lesson here!
I still don't understand

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team that hadn't made a bowl game since the 50s and hadn't won more than 6 games since the early 70s is the equivalent to a team that has made multiple bowl games in the last 8 years and won more than 6 games multiple times in those 8 years? Please "give me a lesson" in this inane logic.

That doesn't even consider the bravado and arrogance those mid 90s Nebraska teams had that they could walk over anyone. Most of the time it worked, sometimes it didn't. Today's Nebraska doesn't have that.

Buffalo has a really good coach now and they played well under a first year coach last year. This year might be a struggle for them with only 2 offensive starters returning but Leipold will get them back going again.

And finally, comparing talent level across the country before the 85 scholarship limit to the talent level across the country after the 85 scholarship limit is beyond stupid. But then again, what should I expect.