• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not getting ahead of myself...

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I have a question that requires some planning.

I can go to one of the following games this year (provided Seattle makes it, not guaranteed by any means):

1) NFC Championship game
2) Superbowl

I really would like to see Seattle in the SB of course, but assuming San Francisco wins on Sunday....I think the NFC Championship game in Seattle would be more fun (surrounded by Seattle fans, huge rivalry, etc). I've heard the Superbowl is more of a "show" than a game for fans, and there aren't any AFC teams that I consider a rival.

Again, I'm not being overly confident, but I'll need to make a decision on Sunday depending on the outcome of both the Seattle and San Fran games.

What to do?? (FYI, I'm traveling from Chicago either way, so flights, hotel, etc aren't a consideration)

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFCCG. The atmosphere at the CLink will be a lot better than the SB.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call, but if I had an opportunity to do either I'd go to the SB. SB is the biggest event on the planet and to be part of that insanity would be awesome. Even if the Hawks didn't make it there it would still be a once in a lifetime kind of thing (unless you're crazy wealthy). If the Hawks do make it the SB that would be gravy on top.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Seahawks fan i would say if the Hawks Beat the Saints then go to the NFC Championship game. You will be around like minded fans the tickets are a lot less and you wont be dealing with sub 0 temps. Not to mention i have been to New York and HATED IT. what a big shit hole, i couldn't get the stink off me for weeks. Then again you are coming from Chicago so it would be a upgrade going to New York lol.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one other reason is that Seattle playing San Fran isn't rare at all. It happens twice a year and you can guarantee you'll be able to see it again next year. Different story with the SB. I just hope they make it that far.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take the chance to see my team play its current main rival in our own house any day over a trip to the SB. The SB trip will also cost much MUCH more, be in a worse city, in a worse stadium, and you will be surrounded by people there more to be seen than heard.

Chances are if you stand to cheer your team, you will be told to sit down. Won't happen in your stadium with your own fans. :suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my choice was 1 or the other, my selection would be the NFCCG in Seattle.
The last one (05) was the best sporting event of my life.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the Super Bowl would be more of a tea and crumpet crowd due to the expense. I wouldn't want some rich douche telling me to sit down and be quiet. Plus you'd have to sit and watch all the stage hands assembling and disassembling the halftime stage and boring stuff like that while they're at commercial. At home I can take a leak or get a drink during the lengthy commercial breaks but being in the stands for all that would be lame.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wondering, are you sure you can get the tickets for either. Going cost a bundle. A co worker just sold his seat at the hawks nest for $1900 and it sold in minutes.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wondering, are you sure you can get the tickets for either. Going cost a bundle. A co worker just sold his seat at the hawks nest for $1900 and it sold in minutes.

I've got over $6000 set aside for the event. I'll pay whatever I have to for either game.

This is a good problem to have obviously. Thanks everyone for the input. Hopefully the 49ers lose and make this decision easier for me.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got over $6000 set aside for the event. I'll pay whatever I have to for either game.

This is a good problem to have obviously. Thanks everyone for the input. Hopefully the 49ers lose and make this decision easier for me.

airfare and hotel to the NY area around the SB is going to eat up a huge chunk of that $6k. Most hotels will put a crazy min stay requirement on their hotels and jack up each nights price. A $79 room will be $350 a night with a 4 or 5 night min stay. Crazy thing is people pay it and then leave after 2 nights, leaving the room ready to be re-rented the remaining two nights.

Ah, you are in Chicago, guess you could drive. Might be pretty doable then.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Was planning on driving. I also have a buddy that lives in NYC whom I'll stay with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember to go to Carlows East if you go to NY for the SB,it is the only Seahawk bar in NY someone here went there last year i believe.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
airfare and hotel to the NY area around the SB is going to eat up a huge chunk of that $6k. Most hotels will put a crazy min stay requirement on their hotels and jack up each nights price. A $79 room will be $350 a night with a 4 or 5 night min stay. Crazy thing is people pay it and then leave after 2 nights, leaving the room ready to be re-rented the remaining two nights.

Ah, you are in Chicago, guess you could drive. Might be pretty doable then.

I dont think that it will be nearly as much as when it's in other cities. If you want a hotel right niear the Meadowlands, then yes, but if you're will to take a train for a short ride, I'm sure you can get a very reasonably priced hotel. When it's in New Orleans or Phoenix, then you have to pay premiums because there is only hotels right there in that city. In NY-NJ, there's 100s of thousands of hotels so unless they're right next to the stadium, they're going to need to offer competitive prices. Same with airfare, NY is such a high traffic area, prices should remain pretty steady, as opposed to a smaller city like NO. I just took a look and tickets are looking pretty normal at about $350 roundtrip from Seattle. There are flight and hotel packages to Newark over that weekend starting at $650.