• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 5th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing the Chiefs the past 3 years, I actually had Mahomes and Chris Jones drafted to the team.

Also Karl Joseph, Forrest Lamp, James Bradberry and a whole lot of nothing. I think the actual Chiefs are beating me if only because of Tyreek Hill and Hunt although I didnt have to trade up for Mahomes so Id have an extra 1st but the actual Chiefs are still winning.
Did you mock them in the same rounds? That's impressive regardless... I think our 1 & only mocked pick that matched up player-wise was in our 2016 mock when @ATL96Steeler drafted Javon Hargrave at 3.72, and low & behold the Steelers drafted Hargrave at 3.72. I think the only other similarity we had was our 2014 mock we took Ross Cockrell out of Duke, whom the Steelers signed off the trash heap a year later when the Bills cut him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've drafted for Minnesota, N.Y. Giants, Baltimore, Buffalo & Indianapolis and i'm sure i've done better than all of them!!!
Drafting better than the Bills, Colts and Giants is a pretty small hurdle. I think the Vikings threw away one of their drafts but otherwise have been pretty solid.

Pretty sure Chubb to the Colts will happen IRL

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting better than the Bills, Colts and Giants is a pretty small hurdle. I think the Vikings threw away one of their drafts but otherwise have been pretty solid.

Pretty sure Chubb to the Colts will happen IRL

Well, I was just messin' around so....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've drafted for Minnesota, N.Y. Giants, Baltimore, Buffalo & Indianapolis and i'm sure i've done better than all of them!!!
If you ever get bored you should compile those drafts & see what your success rate is with positions matched.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mock them in the same rounds?
No, I took Mahomes in rd2. All of the QBs fell last year because pretty much everyone knew they needed some work but I think its fair to say that it was probably a pretty good class.

I took Chris Jones in rd1. I still don't understand why he fell outside of his positional value. Maybe they thought he was a streaker.

Forrest Lamp is also someone I reached on last year. I don't know how good he actually is, though, because he got injured.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ever get bored you should compile those drafts & see what your success rate is with positions matched.

I will really try to never get bored! :suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first real draft we did in 2014

Nos' SportsHoopla N.F.L. Mock Full Draft

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nos' SportsHoopla N.F.L. Mock Draft

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More 2014

Nos' SportsHoopla N.F.L. Mock Picks

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the late round sleepers! I think ATL & I do our best work in rounds 5 through 7. Mining for gold!

Juju surprised the hell out of all of us. Not many of us were a fan of using a 2nd Rd pick on him, even though we liked the drafting of a WR, but shame on us for not seeing the value at that point in time. JuJu took over last year and made us all forget about Martavis Bryant. Sky is the limit for that kid.

And yes... I have seen all the videos. He was an instant favorite on social media shortly after the draft.

Then his fandom took off with the Dragon Ball Z touchdown dance, and then later his crack block on Burfict. Dirty or not, that guy cemented his name in Steelers history with a single hit. For a rookie to come in and destroy Public Enemy #1 in Steeler Nation was incredible. I bought this T-shirt:
image-1783.jpeg
His combine 40 didn't do him justice. He's always gotten great separation and YAC. But what was more impressive about how he played. Unlike a lot of WRs when their number isn't called he will not complain. He's looking to make a block. That block on Burflict cemented him in SC lore as well. Burflict took a lot of cheap shots on SC players when he played for ASU. And Juju is as tough as it gets. He didnt get injured often but when he did he played through the pain. Was actually more productive with one hand than every WR on the field during a couple game stretch.

Ive had him on social media a long time he's a trip. His videos are hysterical. Working odd jobs in Pittsburgh during the suspension. He pranked SC students and professors after the season. He's finishing his degree up. Kids got skill but he's very humble and has sense of humor too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought that Blake Bortles, Sammy Watkins, Morgan Moses, Bashaud Breeland draft for the Rams was pretty good at the time.

I'm pretty sure most Rams fans would trade all of those guys for Aaron Donald, though. I definitely overrated Bortles. I thought he had top 10 QB potential.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 was a good mock for us.

Marcus Peters 1.22 CB Washington
Clive Walford 2.56 TE Miami
Danielle Hunter 3.87 DE LSU
Lorenzo Mauldin 4.121 OLB Louisville
Jacoby Glenn 5.160 CB Wake Forest
Chris Hackett 6.199 FS TCU
Cody Wichmann 6.212 OL Fresno St
Tony Lippett 7.239 WR Mich St

Peters & Hunter are studs. Walford really hasn't taken off yet, but still shows lots of promise. Mauldin is a sub package player for the Jets but is making good contributions. Wichmann made 7 starts his rookie season with the Titans. Glenn & Hackett have bounced around quite a bit and never found their footing, which surprised me for how talented they were coming out (albeit early) for the draft. Both went undrafted that year too lol, guess the coaches & GMs were a lot smarter than me!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interested to see if any of these people have compiled their drafts to see how similar their positions drafted are with the teams they drafted for... Assuming these people had the same team every year.

@UK Cowboy @Pack 500 @wlk3 @broncosmitty @Shanemansj13

Did some compiling this morning on the 5 years that @ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride & I did for the Steelers mocks. We have a 78% success rate with matching positions between our mocks & the Steelers drafts.
I drafted Laken Tomlinson in the second for the Lions. They drafted him in the first.

He sucks.

Might be the only year I was Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will no longer participate in any draft. The proof is in the pudding. Success breeds contempt. We will only sign free agents and kids that no one else will draft.

The SportsHoopla premise is that this is one place where Patriot Haters can get revenge because their teams can't on the field.

Waste of time to participate. 1 vote in two years.

See one of you NFC teams in 2019......................in the Super Bowl.
I would've had you in my top if you hadn't traded up.