• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Nebraska -- 11am CST on ESPN2

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 2 teams are awful. Nebraska has no defense and NW has a good defense but a QB that can only run the ball.

Felt like I was watching a football game in slow motion

Nebraska actually played great Defense that entire game until the last 5 minutes. Kinda like we've come to expect.

Northwestern had like a total of 180 yards through the first 55 minutes of the game.

Big 10 Football at its finest. Slow, Defensive stops, and stupid errors.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska doesn't have the right QB, and it doesn't have good enough Offensive Linemen.

The Defense is doing enough to win all these games. But to fit the style that Riley and company want to run on Offense, we need a different QB.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska doesn't have the right QB, and it doesn't have good enough Offensive Linemen.

The Defense is doing enough to win all these games. But to fit the style that Riley and company want to run on Offense, we need a different QB.

Riley should have gotten a Juco in here last spring then.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J'étais une fois lauréat --mais dans une petite école d'une petite ville
buut
ythe draaaaank beaucoup rejoint marine et pendu un loyt

je manger ce que j'aime bien manger
n'écoutez pas la régie idiots
et avoir pour ceux qui les patients noo écouter le gouvernement

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not really an argument that can be won. You've got your reasons for thinking what you think, and I've got my reasons for thinking what I think. We will see what happens going forward :noidea:

I predict pass pass pass pass pass pass pass until Nebraska has 8 or 9 losses? Like HB10 mentioned, eventually Newby would have broken a long run or maybe even more, and that very well could have been the difference between winning and losing that damn game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like Northwestern out-coached us in the first half..........out-played us in the 2nd half.

I feel like we are more talented.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to Patrick O'Brien's videos and saw a pro pass QB. Kid looks really good & comfortable in Riley's system, but then again, Johnny Stanton seemed to fizzle once in college. If that new QB comes in and plays lights out, we will be singing the praises of Riley's genius this time next year ~ assuming the DBs get better. We simply have the wrong parts right now.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Patrick O'Brien's videos and saw a pro pass QB. Kid looks really good & comfortable in Riley's system, but then again, Johnny Stanton seemed to fizzle once in college. If that new QB comes in and plays lights out, we will be singing the praises of Riley's genius this time next year ~ assuming the DBs get better. We simply have the wrong parts right now.
I'm hoping a redshirt year for Anderson and Lee will help our CB situation. We will get the right guys on offense. This offense will work if we have the right guys...you can see it on film. Some of the route combinations on passing plays are just beautifully designed. There are guys open, we just don't have a QB that can consistently make the throws that need to be made. That's not a knock on Tommy, he wasn't recruited to play that way. However, the coaches have plenty of film to show kids and say, look here, you can come in and be the piece that takes us to the next level.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping a redshirt year for Anderson and Lee will help our CB situation. We will get the right guys on offense. This offense will work if we have the right guys...you can see it on film. Some of the route combinations on passing plays are just beautifully designed. There are guys open, we just don't have a QB that can consistently make the throws that need to be made. That's not a knock on Tommy, he wasn't recruited to play that way. However, the coaches have plenty of film to show kids and say, look here, you can come in and be the piece that takes us to the next level.
Bingo. I watched TA and thought that we needed a guy 6'4" or taller to see over the line. It was brought up on BROR that the running backs leaked out and were open on pass plays but Tommie didn't see them. Yes your right it isn't a knock against TA and he is doing the best he can playing in a system that he most likely never dreamed he'd be playing in. If Riley gets 2 QBs in his first real recruiting class here, TA will be done.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. I watched TA and thought that we needed a guy 6'4" or taller to see over the line. It was brought up on BROR that the running backs leaked out and were open on pass plays but Tommie didn't see them. Yes your right it isn't a knock against TA and he is doing the best he can playing in a system that he most likely never dreamed he'd be playing in. If Riley gets 2 QBs in his first real recruiting class here, TA will be done.
Highly doubt we take 2. With as well as O'Brien has done this year, and all the interest he is attracting from other programs, I'd say we stick with one in this class so we can tell him he's the guy. Then hopefully we can grab Gebbia in the 2017 class along with KJJ and the rest of his crew.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just one example of offensive line play that is going to get it done, and why we cannot run the ball the way everyone would like to.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ that is some weak sauce for guys supposed to be the top linemen on the roster. Looks like line recruiting/strength/development needs to improve as well.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick of arguing about what the issues are. There are issues and i doubt they get completely corrected this season, hope im wrong. I do feel we'll get better once we get rid of some guys that dont really want to be there.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was going to post this in the Purdue week thread, but no one has started one and it also has more to do with the Northwestern game.

I heard a very disturbing thing on the Sharp and Benning show this morning. DB was talking about the attitude before the game of the players. said MP was about to lead the team out for the tunnel walk and he was all fired up the way a strength coach should be and was getting the players fired up and those players responded with "ho hum" attitudes. WTF. the 95 team is back and probably told you plenty of Nebraska tails of yesteryear and you can't get your ass fired up for a game?

DB then said it, anyone who has that "ho hum" attitude needs to just ride the pine. find the guys that want to play like mad dogs and put them out there. especially on the defensive side of the ball, he mentioned basically too many kids thinking someone else is going to make the play so the guy that should be the 1st tackler assumes the guy who should be the 2nd is definitely going to make the play and vice versa, get your heads out of your asses and both of you make the damn play.

oh, he said he was going to tweet a pic that sums it all up, i'm going to go see if i can find it.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here it is:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Oh boy, you can feel the lack of excitement and support for the players on the field. :nono: :mad2:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet those 95 Huskers were like, "why in the fuck are we dressed up like Texas Tech?"