• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Nebraska -- 11am CST on ESPN2

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say bench the problem guys, but we'd probably only have 5 or 6 upperclassmen contributing in games.

Last edited:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd say bench the problem guys too, but then they are on the bench causing problems. kick them off the team would be the better way to go. just another reason you have to give a guy transition time and not assume immediate improvement.

so many damn people thinking we should turn it around like Michigan or Pitt. well in Mich's case they had loads of talent and also retained their DC so there was continuity there. In Pitt's case the coach left on his own terms and they got in a guy that I don't think made drastic changes from what they were doing. NU on the other hand has to deal with both problems, a complete change in philosophy on O and D and also has an attitude problem that stemmed from the old coach and until that gets cleaned out this is what we have.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fuck lil red too. God I hate that faggot.

Unrelated, but totally justified.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the UNO Mavs hockey game at the new arena Friday night. When they were introducing the players they were playing the song "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson. I also recall hearing some Rage Against the Machine at some point along with a lot of other "newer" music.

It'd be alright with me if Memorial Stadium did some of this. Maybe get rid of "Can You Feel It?" by a dead child molester and instead play:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RATM is one of my all time faves fucking love em. And Bomb Track would be perfect.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
putting this here since it's about this game:

Nebraska missed seven more tackles in the loss to Northwestern, and defensive coordinator Mark Banker wasn’t consistently pleased with his unit’s aggression and pursuit.

Never was that more clear than on two long scrambles by Northwestern quarterback Clayton Thorson.

“We had good pursuit to the ball, we just didn’t attack,” Banker said of Thorson’s first scramble, a 68-yarder. “One person stopped in hole — it would have been a three-yard, four-yard gain — and another guy was coming over the top and again just didn’t attack. He was more worried about the guy blocking him from behind. It was more of an attitude — just going after the quarterback and taking him to the ground.”

Five of the seven missed tackles, Banker said, were because of two players. He didn’t mention their names.

“It concerns us a lot,” Banker said. “A couple of the players involved, it’s not the first time it’s been addressed. And they know it, too. And they’re working through it. And obviously that habit hasn’t been broken. They’ve done it the incorrect way more than the correct way.”

for whatever reason our guys just don't seem to have that "go out their and hit someone" attitude you see from great defenses, heck even good defenses. just not enough guys flying around. i really don't get it, i so badly want to see that type of defense here at Nebraska. at this point, it seems more like a player problem than a coaching problem, hope they find some good JUCOs that can step right in and play.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a former player and i understand that Foreman is just praising the guy that wreaked havoc on us.

i can't see the QB, but if this was a read option, he read it wrong. although we haven't been running that a lot (which i don't understand as this play illustrates), the back has no vision as there is clearly a huge hole on the left side of the line and Alex doing a good job of helping and getting to the 2nd level too.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and looking just a little closer, the RB clearly decides to run into the pile, he was heading for the hole and then cuts right. seriously? wtf?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and looking just a little closer, the RB clearly decides to run into the pile, he was heading for the hole and then cuts right. seriously? wtf?
But that's where the play was called to :rolleyes:

Our players are learning how to play it seems like. That goes for the O-line as well...they know what they are supposed to do on a particular play, but if the situation deviates from what they are expecting, they have no idea how to adapt. There are a couple vines out there that show our linemen running by defenders to get to "their guy", meanwhile the guy that they let go by is making the play. I'll see if I have time later to find the clips and post them.