• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NON PED,,,,sooo weed?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is legal in washington state. I wonder if the league will eventually take that off the banned substance list. Colorado and Washington are already capitalizing on the increased taxable good. I saw that other states are looking to follow suit.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500-toker pot party gets OK’d outdoors at Seattle Center

For the first anniversary of legal weed, the city will permit a giant pot party on the site of Seattle Center’s old Fun Forest amusement park.

On the first anniversary of legal weed in Washington state, the city will permit a big pot party on the site of Seattle Center’s old Fun Forest amusement park.

Pot activist Ben Livingston has the contract to prove it, a city document that says “Licensee is permitted to host a private outdoor marijuana smoking area.”

Livingston forked over $1,900, which he got from a local law firm, to use part of the 74-acre Seattle Center for about eight hours on Dec. 6, the anniversary of the day Washington’s recreational pot law took effect.

It’s a free, adults-only event, open to the public, at which Livingston plans to have light music, light catering and outdoor pot smoking by up to 500 people behind a double fence, or smoking “moat,” as the permit says.

But it wasn’t easy to accomplish.

Livingston said Seattle Center officials initially rejected the idea because marijuana remains federally illegal. It took three months, he said, of arguing and pressing his case before city officials came around.

“No matter how often you might have smoked weed at Folklife or Bumbershoot, you were civilly disobedient,” Livingston said. “This is the first time ever on-site cannabis consumption is permitted at Seattle Center.”

A spokesman for Mayor Mike McGinn said the city wanted to support a legal activity, but Livingston’s party marked new ground for Seattle Center, and city officials went back and forth on its permissibility. “We’re working to create best practices for private events where you can smoke marijuana,” said Aaron Pickus.

Livingston said he didn’t accept the center’s initial rejection because he knew of two previous events in Seattle — the High Times Cannabis Cup in Fremont, and the Cannabis Freedom March to Westlake Park — at which public consumption was permitted.

He also knew he had to overcome aspects of two laws: the new state pot law does not allow use in view of the general public; and the state’s indoor clean-air act does not allow indoor smoking, or subjecting employees to smoke.

By keeping the pot smoking behind two screened fences, he satisfied the first. By keeping it outdoors and using volunteers, not city employees, he met the second.

John Schochet, deputy chief of staff to City Attorney Pete Holmes, said Livingston’s permit should not be considered a blueprint for future pot parties.

The Seattle Center contract notes that an outdoor marijuana smoking area at Seattle Center is a trial program subject to periodic review.

“It’s unclear whether or not this is how things will work in the future,” Schochet said.

He emphasized that granting Livingston’s permit was a policy decision not something the city was legally required to allow. “There’s nothing that says you have to allow marijuana smoking,” he said.

Livingston’s party will start at 3 p.m. and run until 11 p.m. There will be an indoor area for partygoers as well as the outdoor smoking area, he said. He has invited local musician Jim Page, as well as new City Councilmember Kshama Sawant, City Attorney Holmes, and Councilmember Nick Licata.

He also notes that Pearl Jam’s current North American tour will end that same night at nearby KeyArena. “Hey, if they want to come over,” he said, “we could bill them as ‘Heady’ Vedder, ‘Stoned’ Gossard and Mike ‘McWeedy.’ ”

500-toker pot party gets OK’d outdoors at Seattle Center | Local News | The Seattle Times

Last edited by a moderator:

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOO!!! The Fun Forest is gone? WTF?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can still have a substance banned in your work place that is legal to use. If you show up to work drunk you can still can get fired. So I doubt even if pot is completely legal they wont test for it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can still have a substance banned in your work place that is legal to use. If you show up to work drunk you can still can get fired. So I doubt even if pot is completely legal they wont test for it.

Of course,NFL or any private employer can set standards,,,,for now.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly guy's if you only knew what the government has planned for Pot being Legalized. Yes it is legal and yes in the next couple years you are going to be able to buy it at any am/pm if your over 21. However nobody has any idea what the government has planned for punishing people. I could tell you all as six months ago they started the new rules and testing with us but I don't have time to write it all down or get into a debate. Lets just say that there is a new drug test witch is going to change everything we know about being tested. There now is a sucker that tastes like sour apple. You have to suck on it for 3 minutes, during that time it tests for every drug imaginable and the current dosage of that drug you have in your body. I again atleast not at this moment want to explain the whole thing but as for Pot. The new rules are if you have used it within the last twenty four hours you will test positive. You all are saying no big deal, that's better then the fourty five days before, that is correct, Here is the kicker, the government is going to use the twenty four hour period as if you were over the alcohol limit. So if you get pulled over and have used pot 24 hours or earlier you will now be getting the same punishment as a Dwi. Yes people will fight it in court and yes the laws I am sure eventually would change, but to start this is going to be the new Law and the government is even richer because they will tax it and see you in court for a ton more in Fines. I could explain about them being able to use this against kids now and them getting in trouble for being a minor under age and pain pills and such but I am to busy and am sorry. If no one wants to believe me that is fine, I am not here to argue and if you smoke pot that's cool, if you don't, that's cool to, whatever floats your boat.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what we think or feel about pot (if it was pot). Both Browner and Thurmond knew the policy full well and failed it more than once to get to this point. They can't think it's BS all they like, but they KNOW they can't do it and not face a suspension and the harm it can cause the team and yet did it anyway.

Browner has now failed 3 drug tests and Thurmond 2. This wasn't some innocent little 'ooopppsss, my bad' kind of thing. You don't get suspended for a first offense in the NFL so they both got caught before , were told what would happen if the got caught again... and then did it again. :gaah: :L

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what we think or feel about pot (if it was pot). Both Browner and Thurmond knew the policy full well and failed it more than once to get to this point. They can't think it's BS all they like, but they KNOW they can't do it and not face a suspension and the harm it can cause the team and yet did it anyway.

Browner has now failed 3 drug tests and Thurmond 2. This wasn't some innocent little 'ooopppsss, my bad' kind of thing. You don't get suspended for a first offense in the NFL so they both got caught before , were told what would happen if the got caught again... and then did it again. :gaah: :L

Exactly, for example I work in Mortgage I deal a lot with people that have government jobs that can be fired if they get a hit on there credit so when people are selling their homes in short sale they need certain documentation so they dont loss their jobs. Have a bad mark on your credit is not against the law and its usually not a fire able offense but its the rules of their job and they dont want to be fired.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the feds are taking a wait and see attitude with this. I haven't noticed much of a difference since the law passed. The friends I know that burn are still burning at the same rate and the ones that don't still don't. It's silly to make it illegal to begin with. It's no worse than alcohol and taking enforcement out of the mix will save millions. And punishing someone harder for smoking weed vs. a DUI is absolutely ridiculous.