• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nolan dfa

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm happy for you nolan sorry you didn't get a true shot . uuuuuuuu is stinking it up in lf .bring up alvarez

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't mattered who we put in LF, none of the seven that I can remember have been any good there this year.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't mattered who we put in LF, none of the seven that I can remember have been any good there this year.

That's a huge understatement. It turned out that the Orioles' three biggest weaknesses this year are LF, SS, and starting pitching:

With the benefit of hindsight, it seems that the team should have:
  • Overpaid for Cruz or even Markakis if there are no better alternatives available (their OPS this year so far are 0.989 and 0.745, respectively);

• Sold high on Norris and Gonzalez in the 2014-15 offseason (Norris had a career year in 2014, while Gonzalez's FIP means that his luck would eventually run out); and

• Not signed Jimenez in the first place (Practically speaking, paying Jimenez that much to pitch well for only 0.5 out of 2 seasons would prevent the team from being able to re-sign Chen in the upcoming offseason. As a result, there are now at least 3 question marks in the rotation for 2016...)

Last edited:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hatter i don't see a need to sign matt . walker has 15 homers in norfolk that is great in norfolk as a rhh so davis maybe gone . i like parra he maybe the only move that the duke has made that has turned out good . i don't like the pitcher we gave up for him . i have a hard time watching this team until after the 1st see yall later .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this team is very hard to watch now. To many stupid mistakes.

Its obvious we have massive holes in LF, RF (currently gone with Parra for now), SS, 1st(once Davis is gone), and starting pitching.

If they don't spend money this offense they could be very bad next year.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge understatement. It turned out that the Orioles' three biggest weaknesses this year are LF, SS, and starting pitching:

With the benefit of hindsight, it seems that the team should have:
  • Overpaid for Cruz or even Markakis if there are no better alternatives available (their OPS this year so far are 0.989 and 0.745, respectively);

• Sold high on Norris and Gonzalez in the 2014-15 offseason (Norris had a career year in 2014, while Gonzalez's FIP means that his luck would eventually run out); and

• Not signed Jimenez in the first place (Practically speaking, paying Jimenez that much to pitch well for only 0.5 out of 2 seasons would prevent the team from being able to re-sign Chen in the upcoming offseason. As a result, there are now at least 3 question marks in the rotation for 2016...)

Absolutely about paying up for either Markakis or Cruz. Even if we did and we landed Parra, Parra would be a solid addition in LF and the OF wouldn't be a major concern.

Agree again about selling high on both Norris and Gonzalez. I was hoping that Norris would become like Hunter and Matusz in that he'd find his niche in the bullpen. That didn't happen and well, now we got nothing for him.

Yeah, can't say that the Ubaldo signing was one that I was high on. He had one good half of a season while in Cleveland and we way overpaid for him. Though I don't think that would have affected Chen leaving at all. I think sending him down to skip a start a while back probably was the final nail in the coffin and he'll definitely bolt in the offseason.

We definitely need to sign one of those top line starters this offseason (Price and/or Samardzija). I'd even be happy signing Buehrle or Haren to a one year deal since they have proven track records. I'm sick of having nothing but middle of the rotation guys that can barely get through 5 innings every night. I would definitely like to re-sign O'Day because he's usually very solid in the bullpen and like him as a setup guy. Wieters I think will be overpaid by someone so I wouldn't be too upset at seeing him go. He just never lived up to the huge potential that everyone had for him, which is what I'm afraid is going to happen to Dylan Bundy. I'd like to re-sign Davis for a fair amount but with him being represented by Boras, we all know that won't happen and there will be plenty of teams that will pony up the cash to sign him. I really hope we can re-sign Parra along with either Cespedes or Justin Upton to take care of the outfield and have another solid bat in the lineup around Jones. But I think we all know that we likely won't get any of them and claim that they asked for too much and then sign a bunch of leftovers, hoping that one of them can pull off a Cruz like season.