• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Noise Canceling earpieces

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else remember that story they did right at the beginning of the game. Apparently electric noise canceling earpieces cut out the background noise and almost gave greater volume to brees.

It seems border line illegal, I mean its pretty dang close to micing brees and having each offensive player with a feed to his calls.

anyone else remember that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can use anything they want IMO! The 12th Man ALWAYS wins!

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever they had didn't work, so back to the drawing board I think.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to work like they had hoped because I believe they used some that cut down on high frequencies and low frequencies, but leave the frequencies for the human voice range. This does not help when it is human voices making the noise. It might help make it seem less frantic, but when cutting out high frequencies you also are cutting out sibilant sounds like S's, K's and T's. That can hurt you in playcalling if a player is unsure of what you are saying.

They will probably still wear them, but now they know what to expect them to do.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can use anything they want IMO! The 12th Man ALWAYS wins!

You mean ALMOST always :)

Best of luck to the Seahawks.... I think the Nation wants to see a 49'ers / Seahawks NFC Championship game...

and it would be a doozy... and I think we are headed that way.

I don't think the Panthers are going to be able to beat the 49'ers... I really don't... I think the Panthers are capable of laying a huge egg this weekend (much like they did when the Cardinals blew them out in 2008 in their last playoff game)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean ALMOST always :)

Best of luck to the Seahawks.... I think the Nation wants to see a 49'ers / Seahawks NFC Championship game...

and it would be a doozy... and I think we are headed that way.

I don't think the Panthers are going to be able to beat the 49'ers... I really don't... I think the Panthers are capable of laying a huge egg this weekend (much like they did when the Cardinals blew them out in 2008 in their last playoff game)

I don't remember exactly, but wasn't that game a result of a Jake Delhomme meltdown?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it was just a specially designed ear plug...nothing electric.

The special design may have been something in the materials, but it was also molded to each players ear canal.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it was just a specially designed ear plug...nothing electric.

The special design may have been something in the materials, but it was also molded to each players ear canal.

It was "noise canceling" ,

found a article

Salters said that the offensive players were fitted on Tuesday, and they had a couple of practice days to get accustomed to the special earplugs that block out fan noise while still allowing calls at the line of scrimmage to be heard.

Read more at: Saints Offense Wearing Custom-Made Earplugs to Battle Seattle?s 12th Man After Tip From Brett Favre | NFL | NESN.com

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was "noise canceling" ,

found a article

Salters said that the offensive players were fitted on Tuesday, and they had a couple of practice days to get accustomed to the special earplugs that block out fan noise while still allowing calls at the line of scrimmage to be heard.

Read more at: Saints Offense Wearing Custom-Made Earplugs to Battle Seattle?s 12th Man After Tip From Brett Favre | NFL | NESN.com

If you're referring to the common use of "noise cancelling", then no, they aren't. (Noise-cancelling headphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The NFL bars use of any electronic device on the field, with the exception of a coach-to-quarterback communication system.

Now, all sorts of non-electronic ear plugs may be used. Some materials allow certain noise frequencies to travel, but block out others. Those would be allowed. And all ear plugs block out noise. If you've noticed, when you put your hands over your ears, you block out surrounding noise, but can still hear if you're kids are yelling in your ear. I think this is what the Saints tried to use.

But it was 137dbs on the field...not sure any ear plug would be too effective.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should try those ridiculously overpriced beats by Dre headphones (or whatever the hell they're called).

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember exactly, but wasn't that game a result of a Jake Delhomme meltdown?

It was...

but, the Panthers weren't really that good... they basically felt they had an unbeatable home field advantage that game (They were the only team in the NFL to be 8-0 at home before the Cardinals beat them...)

And then Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner destroyed them.... the game was over at half time.

I see a lot of similarities between that Panther team and this one....

Both were good teams... but Neither were as good as you would expect the #2 seed to be...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 49'ers beat them by 14 or more.... I really wouldn't.