• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Noah Syndergaard

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice that he's throwing 99 mph?
And the Reds, being brain dead, think Chapman can't do it over 1 inning.
There is a reason the Mets are a winning team and the Reds have caved in and handed the season over.
What an insult to have another team win the division on the visiting field. Dog-piling in front of Price's losers will be just reward for this train wreck.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Chapman is best suited to be a starter or a reliever really isn't the issue to me. It's never really letting it play out to see if he could do it. With the laundry list of lesser qualified pitchers they've ran out there since his signing, it's hard to justify him not having any starts at the major league level.

Paying a amateur pitcher a $16M bonus and with additional arbitration years making him the highest paid player for those years in team history, how does he not start. Either they're admitting they misjudged his ability to be a starter or they've misused him. Firing everyone connected to the situation would be a good start towards rebuilding this club.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree with you more. This team has no pride, and have no respect for they're fans. I don't believe I have been this disgusted at a Reds team in my life. Even in 1982 they tried.
Next year they will sell out on opening day, and have the fans convinced that things have changed and they are on they're way to the WS. But I believe they will still lose 80 to 100 games

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't misjudge anyone in the Chapman assessment but Dusty Baker, who convinced Chapman he shouldn't want to start. The Reds are idiots for allowing him to waste in the pen.

Those Mario Soto and Dave Concepcion teams sure sucked. Not because of Mario and Davey, because that was about all they had. Dave Collins was a better hitter than Billy though. Come to think of it, Gary Redus might have hit better than Bruce. Anyway, the Reds front office quit on the Reds then, and had to wait for the minor league planets to align again for an uptight, urgent new hire Lou Pinella......and the same is true now.

This team is a lock to lose at least 90 games next year.

Jocketty needs to retire. He can't help this team now.. He can't sign or trade for talent unless they make less than $3M/ yr. It's checkmate for a snip and tuck guy like him. They have to amputate. They have no choice but to fill this roster with MLB minimum salary and ride Votto, Bailey and Phillps into retirement. They need to rid themselves of Bruce's salary to pay Frazier and Mesoraco. The Reds have zero chance of signing ANY FA eligible player without cutting equal dollars elsewhere, and there is no other elsewhere. They can't afford Pena, much less Frazier or Chapman in 2 years.

If he isn't already, Price will be worthless after another beat down. I'm already sick of his alternately apathetic and reckless application of fundamentals and execution, and his condescending attitude when questioned. He can't win with this roster, but he may ruin what is good on it. I'd fire Price, give the team to Delino DeShields who would make sure bunts get down and bases got covered, hire a red-ass like Ron Oester to supervise minor league development and instruction, and watch the level of effort burner get turned up. Re-instate the uniform and hair rules. At least they could hustle and look like they have some respect and class.